Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which is the best harmonica pack, for an absolute beginner?

• 10-02-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I recently thought about learning to play the harmonica, I read online that a G or E is better to learn with and yet the only beginner packs all seem to come with C harmonicas. Also I had wanted the complete beginners set in Waltons, but they only had the dearer Blues pack and so I had to get that. I now dont know wether to open the Blues pack and try learning with that(making it non returnable/exchangable, as id have used it) or waiting until im back in and swap it for the complete beginners pack(if and when they have it)? Ive emailed them, but havent heard back and so im hoping someone on here with a musical background would know? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I cant see why you'd need a specific key just for learning. They all work the same way regardless of key - you blow in or out to get particular notes. I'd say just open up your new instrument, follow the book, check out the lots of youtube tutorials around and have fun.
    If you do enjoy playing, just keep adding new keys as you go along.
    It's a great instrument, so enjoy.

By the way I started with a G, and then added a C and D later.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 wilko1984uk

Thanks, I thought it was unikley that it mattered what kind of key you needed and I love blues. I was just worried I was going to have a harder time learning with the pack I ended up getting, as oppose to the one I had wanted and thought id not be able to get the right one after id opened it. If I do manage to pick it up i will get the other keys, again thanks very much for the help and advice. :)

Advertisement