Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

District 8 Function one Not up to standard

Options
  • 09-02-2015 8:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19

Hi
    Just wondering has anyone noticed the very low levels of bass in District 8. As far as I know the Tivoli was shut down before for noise pollution, could be wrong about that as only heard it of someone but it's the only reason I can come up with for there being absolutely no kick of the PA.
    Was as at Surgeon/D.Clarke/Function. Even standing 5 feet from the bass bins for Clark and still nothing really, standing at the back of a packed main room in the pepper would have more bass. Standing anywhere else it's nearly non existint. For the Surgeon there was no where you could stand in order to feel any kick of the pa. It's there but you can't feel anything running through you. Nothing.
    They are clearly not turning the bins up or don't have enough. There is also no way they don't realise as I've seen Clarke many times in the pepper and the difference is highly noticeable.
    Just seeing has anyone else noticed cause I couldn't be the only one (well the person who goes to all the gigs with me also noticed straight away).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I saw Sterac there a few months back and the sound was class so any change must be a relatively new thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Dubclub

If you go to Rohad or faki let us know, it was terrible last week for Function.

Would you say it would be as good as upstairs in the pepper for a banging DJ? (mean the bass now as thats my problem with the PA).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I've only been to D8 the once but I would have said it was better than TP. The sound that night was one of the things that really stood out tbh.

Won't be going to Rodhad as €20 is a joke of a price for a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭borderfox11

was there for Rodhad, ive listened to a lot of the biggest soundsystems through the years, this system isnt very forgiving i think, in that if the tracks arent up to standard they wont sound too good, the volume was well turned up by about 1am and i have to say i was pretty impressed with it for a lot of the big tracks

Still, i dont think its up to the standard of Tripod which imo had the best sound in Dublin before it closed/changed, still lacks a bit in the low mids by comparison
    also im not sure if its the full Funktion 1 system, seems to be missing some of the speakers youd normally see in the likes of Space/Redbox etc...

Advertisement