Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tastiest smoothies you make

Options
  • 05-02-2015 11:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭

what's your favourite smoothie?

My favourite of all is fresh cherries with vanilla yogurt =)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

what's your favourite smoothie?

My favourite of all is fresh cherries with vanilla yogurt =)

That's too complicated for many of the residents here

Question should be tastiest smoothie your Mammy makes. :D

I don't really like smoothies so I have no opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭niamhstokes

That's too complicated for many of the residents here

Question should be tastiest smoothie your Mammy makes. :D

I don't really like smoothies so I have no opinion.

haha oh, i make nicer smoothies than Mammy though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I like hot water with a tea bag left in it for 3 mins... then taken out, then some milk added.

wait...

That's a smoothie, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Betty Bloggs

Strawberries, Banana, Yoghurt, Little bit of Orange juice and sometimes a squeeze of honey . :)

Sometimes I use frozen mixed berries either, the blackberries make a nice purple colour too.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I like hot water with a tea bag left in it for 3 mins... then taken out, then some milk added.

wait...

That's a smoothie, right?
    I think they have some kind of machine for making them, it's like Soda Stream for fruit.

Where I come from, we eat our bananas the old fashioned way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Frozen kale a handful of spinach, coconut milk and a scoop of cookies & cream whey...delish.

Frozen berries. Almond Butter. Protein Powder. Water.

I need to try all these green ones too. I'll do that at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Banana, avocado and spinach with chia seeds

I prefer green smoothies to sweet ones, just love the taste.
    Trying to have one every day, yum yum

Protein Powder. .

What did the protein powder say to the other protein powder to get their attention?

Whey!!!!!

/I'm here all week...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The GF makes healthy smoothies that look incredibly rank, thick green slime that look like it was oozed out of an old man with a miscellaneous health problem.

Though in summers I tend to make ones that would probably kill you; Milk, caramel, ice cream, cookies..........whatever the fúck that is in the cupboard, you're going in too.................your teeth would rot just by looking at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Peanut Butter, Banana, Milk and a teaspoon of cocoa powder

what is your favourite topper upper? sometimes i add chia , hemp, flax, maca, cacao or camu camu

chia , hemp, flax, maca, cacao or camu camu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqczJEq1C5A

:pac:

whiskeyman wrote: »

LOL yeah i know haha

what is your favourite topper upper? sometimes i add chia , hemp, flax, maca, cacao or camu camu

Chia - I watched a documentary on Netflix in the week 'Hungry for Change' (worth a watch) and they were explaining that Chia Seeds expand and form a gelatinous coating when mixed with liquid - as it moves through the intestine, the gelatinous part grabs onto the toxins that the liver is trying to get rid of, and move them out of the body much quicker.

Thought that was interesting, they're also very high in Fibre and Omega 3 so I add them to whatever I can now

Apparently they're nice mixed with almond milk, nuts and fruit and left in the fridge in a jar overnight - make a nice alternative to overnight oats, I'm going to try it this weekend to go with breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I have my famous Aongus's Mean Green Juice Machine that I rustle up every morning for breakfast. It's a green apple, baby spinach, kale, cucumber, lime, avocado, celery, ginger and seaweed combo. It tastes fantastic and my skin tone and energy levels are as good as they've ever been.

I have my famous Aongus's Mean Green Juice Machine that I rustle up every morning for breakfast. It's a green apple, baby spinach, kale, cucumber, lime, avocado, celery, ginger and seaweed juice. It tastes fantastic and my skin tone and energy levels are as good as they've ever been.

Oh god that sounds good! Where would I get seaweed juice from though??

seaweed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I like the amazon acai from Zumo, would never be arsed making my own one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Sorry, my post wasn't clear. I add dried seaweed to the mix rather than seaweed juice. Kelp, bladderwrack and carrageenan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Dried black tea leaves, 2 parts hydrogen to 1 part oxygen boiled and breast milk from cows.

Sorry, my post wasn't clear. I add dried seaweed to the mix rather than seaweed juice. Kelp, bladderwrack and carrageenan.

You should put some dulse on it, far better for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Battered sausage and chips. Add a bit of salt and vinegar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

does fanny juice count?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

200ml skimmed milk, 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and 2 measures of Baileys.
    Liquidise, enjoy and repeat.

ohmigod

I'm going to get so fcuking fat in June. SO FCUKING FAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm in the middle of drinking one....strawberries, blackberries, scoop of vanilla flavoured protein, super milk and crushed ice. It's very tasty :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Vanilla icecream and oreos.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm going to try this with Tia-Maria at the weekend.

• Advertisement

*dribble*

Advertisement