Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do bookies know about me?

Options
  • 31-01-2015 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

strange thread title alright.

i just want to know if bookies can get my ip address or any details about me or where i am betting from. currently in spain and pp have closed my account after i unwittingly mentioned it to them on their support chat.....now i need to speak with boyles (bet pending for over 4 hours after the win)

but dont want to trip myself up again and have all my accounts closed for the year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Didn't know there were restrictions for users in Spain. Was in Italy a month ago and when tried to bet on WiFi was brought to Italian version of site but was brought to Irish site when used my own roaming. So guessing the Irish IP showed up then.

Not a techy person by any means so not certain. That's just my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

They cant stop your account because of an IP address. Just dont mention where you are. Could also try using a VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

They cant stop your account because of an IP address.

Not true, due do licensing laws. Certain countries are gambling blackspots (USA), other countries require the company to hold a license to operate in them (hence collie being directed to paddypower.it).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Gambling restrictions are dependent on where you are so you don't need to be wary even if you're just in Europe. The bookies don't really care what else you are doing as long as you are within the law where you are and obviously aren't winning. If you are outside of either of those expect your account closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

after i unwittingly mentioned it to them on their support chat.

That was the killer!
    I would never say anything to chat apart from what was needed.

As Healio said, bookies holding a license for that country.
    Doesn't matter if you are living there or on holiday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement