Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to get an electric shower fitted?

Options
  • 29-01-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    Could anyone give me an idea of how much it would cost to get an electric shower fitted? I have bought the shower already so just need it fitted and need to get the electrical wire as well.

Thanksh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It would have worked out cheaper if you let the fitter buy it. He claims back 23 percent vat and charges 13 and half percent. In Dublin you can get a triton t90z supplied and fitted for around 580 or 600. you'll probably pay around 400 if you supply the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

That's going to depend on lots of things like, location of the shower in relation to the fuse board and water supply, type of wall unit will be mounted on stud or solid, will pipes and cable be chased or run surface, are the walls tiled, but id say 400 would be a start point

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jack1000

Yeah I would also agree with around 400 as a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Op do you mean fitted from scratch or a shower replacement?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It would have worked out cheaper if you let the fitter buy it. He claims back 23 percent vat and charges 13 and half percent. In Dublin you can get a triton t90z supplied and fitted for around 580 or 600. you'll probably pay around 400 if you supply the shower.

Are you living in imagination land, are you seriously saying that a plumber buys the shower claims the vat at 23% and sells it plus 13.5% vat of his cost price?

• Advertisement

CJ Haughey wrote: »
    Are you living in imagination land, are you seriously saying that a plumber buys the shower claims the vat at 23% and sells it plus 13.5% vat of his cost price?

You mustn't have read it properly.

Obviously the Shower fitter doen't sell the shower at all. If he did he'd have to charge 23% as it would be a retail sale.
    When a shower fitter supplies & fits a shower it becomes a service so the client pays only 13.5% for the job as a whole. This means the client only pays 13.5% vat on the shower. This 9.5% saving is passed on by me to the client

I could go to jail for trying to charge 23% vat on a service. I don't think jail would suit me so I try my best to stick within the law.:)

I could go to jail for trying to charge 23% vat on a service. I don't think jail would suit me so I try my best to stick within the law.:)

You don't have a clue how vat etc works, You do realise that if materials exceeds 2/3rds of the total cost in which case the rate is the material rate i.e 23%.

You don't have a clue how vat etc works, You do realise that if materials exceeds 2/3rds of the total cost in which case the rate is the material rate i.e 23%.

I own Dublins longest established shower repair & installation company. Of course I understand how vat is charged in my Business.

I said in my original statement that it's cheaper for the installer to supply the shower as he claims 23% vat back & then charges 13.5%. I stand over this statement. It would be illegal for me to charge 23% on an installation.

What part of this statement do you not get.

Shower installation should never come under the 23% vat rate because the labour should always be more than one third of the price.

On a full installation costing €580 Inc vat the materials account for around half of this.

I can fit A replacement triton t90z could be supplied & fitted for €285 & still just about be covered by 13.5 % vat.

Shower installation should never come under the 23% vat rate because the labour should always be more than one third of the price.

Ok so a plumber charges 400 euro to supply and fit a shower - shower costs 300 labour costs 100 - job is charged at 400 plus 23% vat - this is because 3/4 of the total bill falls under the 23% rate.
    Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Ok so a plumber charges 400 euro to supply and fit a shower - shower costs 300 labour costs 100 - job is charged at 400 plus 23% vat - this is because 3/4 of the total bill falls under the 23% rate.
    Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

They are la, la figures. A triton t90z costs a plumber €220 or less Inc vat. The going rate for a replacement is €330 supplied & fitted Inc vat. It would be illegal to charge €23% vat..

• Advertisement

They are la, la figures.

That is not what i asked you, do you agree with the vat in that statement or not?

That is not what i asked you, do you agree with the vat in that statement or not?

Name the shower you are paying €400 plus vat for only to charge €100 to fit. These figures don't make sense.

In over 30 years of specializing in shower installation, replacement & repair I have never been in a situation where I am paying €400 plus vat for a shower & only charging €100 labour.

Name the shower you are paying €400 plus vat for only to charge €100 to fit. These figures don't make sense.

If one can charge 400 for a shower why not, one hour quick replacement. Charging 100 for one hours labour is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Mira vigor.......ok ok I'm not getting into this spat! Just saying like !:)

If one can charge 400 for a shower why not, one hour quick replacement. Charging 100 for one hours labour is fair.

Look you are talking rubbish. You are looking for an argument. You are confusing things for others reading this thread

The op said they have bought their own electric shower & want to know how much they should expect to pay to get it installed.

I pointed out that it is usually cheaper for the installer to supply the shower as they claim back 23% vat & (should) only charge you 13.5 % vat. This statement is fact. I would have clients in this situation 10 to 15 times per year & it always works out cheaper for them to return their shower to Woodies or wherever they bought it. They always save money by me suppling the shower.

It's not helpful to have you try to knock these facts. I'm trying to give op all the facts so they can make the best decision.

mad m wrote: »
    Mira vigor.......ok ok I'm not getting into this spat! Just saying like !:)

Mira vigour €235 Inc vat & I supply & fit for €360

13.5% vat

Sleeper, some might not get this but the plumber claims back 23% he paid for shower, then he charges 13.5% for labour. So in essence it would be cheaper for client and plumber wins also.

Mira vigour €235 Inc vat & I supply & fit for €360

13.5% vat

Sorry what's the one which would replace the old supajet? Think the transformer needs to be changed also...hmmm ok I'm going OT...

Actually that's a good price!

Sleeper, some might not get this but the plumber claims back 23% he paid for shower, then he charges 13.5% for labour. So in essence it would be cheaper for client and plumber wins also.

Thanks. I'm not trying to win an argument with him. I just think it's very unfair on the op for someone to deliberately try confuse.

Look you are talking rubbish. You are looking for an argument. You are confusing things for others reading this thread

I am not talking rubbish, i charge 400 for shower, 100 for labour. Charge 23% vat then. What is rubbish about that?

• Advertisement

I am not talking rubbish, i charge 400 for shower, 100 for labour. Charge 23% vat then. What is rubbish about that?

That's fair enough CJ, but you might have to wire back to fuse board or something else, sleeper is probably talking about a straight swop.

That's fair enough CJ, but you might have to wire back to fuse board or something else, sleeper is probably talking about a straight swop.

Im talking about a straight swap too, half hour job.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

@CJ If what you are claiming is true then you are taking the absolute piss with your clients

There you have it. cj rips off the client by charging 400 Euro plus vat for a shower that everyone else charges 220 Inc vat. Cj wants to charge 600 Euro Inc vat for the same shower that everyone else charges 330 Euro Inc vat for.

Cj you have added nothing whatsoever to help the op in their questions. You are deliberately mucking about and trying to confuse the opportunity and the thread in general. I believe the term that describes you best is troll. :)

I rest my case. :)

Sleeper12 you do a straight swap, supply and fit shower what do you charge? Also no need for childish comments.

295/300 Inc 13.5% vat. We work on close to 1000 units per year. We go for quantity rather than a big payday

295/300 Inc 13.5% vat. We work on close to 1000 units per year. We go for quantity rather than a big payday

You charge 300 inc vat supply and fit?

295 north side of Dublin and 300 Southside. 295 all the way to Balbriggan. 300 as far as bray. 330 for navan. all inc vat 13.5%

• Advertisement

You only charge €15 for fitting shower so sleeper12.

Advertisement