Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm too young for a midlife crisis

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Wouldn't agree with that at all. I've to work hard at swimming to be an average swimmer. I definitely wouldn't say my swim times are comparatively faster than my run times. I'm a poor racer which is more due to a fear of getting ill if I run too hard, running is affected by health issues a lot more than swimming is.

I actually think I would be a comparatively stronger cyclist than I would be swim and run if I trained correctly for it.

Fair enough. They're your times, and (of course) you're more qualified to vouch for them. I'm just comparing what you do off limited swim training, off what others here do off limited swim training, and sort of correlating that with what you've posted her regarding run times. I reckon you'd get more value from yourself in an OW race, than a run race.

But again, that's just being said since words here are free. No idea about biking,
    but if you train correctly for it then the world's your oyster, no matter what the discipline. Either way its nice to see consistant swim progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Wouldn't agree with that at all. I've to work hard at swimming to be an average swimmer. I definitely wouldn't say my swim times are comparatively faster than my run times. I'm a poor racer which is more due to a fear of getting ill if I run too hard, running is affected by health issues a lot more than swimming is.

I actually think I would be a comparatively stronger cyclist than I would be swim and run if I trained correctly for it.

Fukit I read over my reply and its a watered down version of what I meant. It's your log; I'll delete this if you want, but here goes:

Cyclist: if you think you'd be comparatively strong, then go for it. Otherwise you may as well be talking about winning Olympic Hammer Champion for Ireland.

Running: this seems to have been your entry point into Health and Fitness, but has been less than fruitful because of health/stress/breakdown issues. They don't seem to be going away. So that matters.

Swimming: Like Griff said, 20*100 off 1:50 is pretty good going around these parts. It's a lot better/quicker/impressive than anything you've ever posted in running. It's non-impact, and if you can do this without issue or health matters, you can probably build on it to do better. You could be a very fast swimmer (by the standards around here) and a lot quicker than you'd be a fast runner (by the same standards).

(I recognise that this is an intrusion into your log so let me know and I'll delete it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Hey RC I think you are selling yourself short. 20*100 off 2 and hitting low 1:40s for the last few reps is a very solid session. I also noticed you dipping under 7 for 400. All moving in the right direction :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hey RC I think you are selling yourself short. 20*100 off 2 and hitting low 1:40s for the last few reps is a very solid session. I also noticed you dipping under 7 for 400. All moving in the right direction :)

It's all in my kick! :pac:

Once they got to 1:48/ 1:49 (half of them) I class them as slow. Nothing negative, just my way of pushing myself to do better next time. Of course we all know, 1:47 and 1:9 is much of a muchness really, I could have taken an extra second or two to stop the watch at the end.

Don't deny that I can become a faster swimmer, my technique is still poor and lots of things I can work on that will make me faster. Improvements have come from being able to train consistently since mid-September - running has improved considerably too, though not back to my best there yet!

I can see me having the ability to become a good swimmer (I think anyone can be a good swimmer if they work at it) and want to continue getting faster so plan to continue working hard at it. I just disagree with KG's take on my running -v- my swimming, but then, I'll always disagree with him. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Were you in the NAC today by the way? Saw a swimmer leaving as I was arriving with RQ stencilled on her white swim cap, thought of you.

• Advertisement

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Were you in the NAC today by the way? Saw a swimmer leaving as I was arriving with RQ stencilled on her white swim cap, thought of you.

Nope not me, she must be an imposter :eek: was talking to some chap in my pool today though. When I saw you'd posted I thought it might've been you!

or perhaps her name is Roisín Quinn or some such...but still... ;)

Monday Lunchtime Team is working from home this week so that means I can now hit the pool at lunch. Hurrah. Recovery swim, 20 x 100 off 2:15 with PB. Focusing on form (failed on that part - brain whirring)

Monday PM Run plan was for 50 minutes easy. Still a bit frosty out so bambi on iced it up to the park at the top of my road where I was just going to do laps on grass. Got there to find that there was no frost or ice so go a nice few laps around the park.

Tuesday Lunchtime Threshold swim
    2 x 200 off 4- 3:41, 3:35
    2 x 400 off 8 - 7:06, 7:24
    2 x 200 off 4 - 3:45, 3:49
    4 x 100 off 2 - 1:53, 1:51, 1:52, 1:55

On the 400's, I decided to TT the first one as I wanted to do another TT in my 33m pool. Perfect timing for inconsiderate idiot to join the lane and amble her way along. Didn't realise she was there the first time I caught her was as I hit the wall, quite surprised to see her splashing out of the way...then breaststroking, backstroking(all over the shop) and pushing off the wall even though I was approaching. Overtook her 5 times in less than 400m and every time I was alongside her she kept trying to speed up WTF???
    Then as she was getting out she picked up a mesh bag and kickboard...so would assume she swims often and would be used to letting faster people pass and what not.

Tuesday PM AT run - 15 min w/u > 30 min AT > 15 min w/d (171 max)
    Paths have cleared up around here, but yesterdays reminded me how handy the local park is for sessions. One lap is about 3/4 of a mile and it's mostly flat. Recently relaid the tarmac too which makes it a great place for sessions and laps. Easy 15 min w/u as I took the long route to the park and straight into the 30 mins once I got into the park. I'd spent the day thinking it'd be about 6 mins per lap, so 5 laps...easy peasy...finished lap one to see it was actually bang on 5 mins a lap...damn my brain might not handle this extra lap :D

4.3 miles covered - steady enough pace until I nearly faceplanted on mile 4!
    7:00 - heartrates wrong at 122 avg / 144 max
    6:58 - 161/166
    7:00 - 164/168
    7:07 - 164/169
    2:00 (6:38 pace) - 165/168

Another lap and the short way home for 15 min w/d

Tuesday Lunchtime Threshold swim
    2 x 200 off 4- 3:41, 3:35
    2 x 400 off 8 - 7:06, 7:24
    2 x 200 off 4 - 3:45, 3:49
    4 x 100 off 2 - 1:53, 1:51, 1:52, 1:55

Nice set!

Must have been a Roisin Quinn, aye :)

2014 wrapped up with a triathlon runner who swims and a turbo day.

Hit the pool early today. Set was 50's which I adapted to 66's in my pool. Shoulder was biting me as I got stuck in but the time I got to the 4th set I decided to concentrate more on the form and less on pace. When form is decent it doesn't hurt (imagine that). 50 mins - unexpected to get to the pool at all Mon - Weds so to get the three in was great.

Turbo session later in the day. 6 x 5min. Short recovery. Number 5 hurt the most. 51 mins total.

Off for an easy run. Run plan was 60 mins easy - started out too fast and pulled back after a couple of miles. ~5.5 miles in ~50 mins.

Good days work to round off the year. Nice 8 x 1K run session for tomorrow to start off 2015 as I mean to go on. Running. :pac:
    May go for an easy spin in the morning, weather should be good or may do the 5K in the park.

2014 has been a poor enough training and racing year for me. I was still suffering the after effects of London marathon as the year started and focus was getting over that. Lesson there is from 2013, be more sensible about racing after being sick and certainly be more sensible about what training you do following that! I had a brief pick up in February/March 2014 but then life stuff hit me towards the end of March and I seemed to relapse back to the same overtraining (chronic fatique?) symptoms. Just short of 4 months relatively undisrupted training now and it's showing....longest run of training since before London (so in nearly two years)...don't wanna jinx it or anything but it's all looking good. Even training enough now to actually get injured :cool:

Happy New Year Kids. Wine time. :)

Quiet new years eve for me with a bottle of wine, the new CJ Sansom book and keeping my dogs underwraps from the fear of the fireworks.

Thursday Weather was horrendous when I woke up and I quickly shelved any plans for a easy spin. Hadn't slept well so went back to bed and caught a few extra zzz's before heading up to watch the Tom Brennan 5K in the Park

The run plan for Thursday was 8 x 1K and given the gale force wind and the fact I do this in what is already a wind tunnel I put it off waiting for the weather to clear. It didn't. So at about 5 I went off and decided I'd see how it went, if I can keep the effort consistent it will make up for the imbalance in split times. Right? No, wrong.

1 and 2 were miles apart run wise and even with the wind mostly at my back it was hard to fire on. Once I turned, oh holy jaysus. Was going nowhere...thought ''I really should have just left this session until tomorrow''...then turned around to do number 3 anyway...same story for number 4 only worse...I literally got blown backwards. Waste of time and energy this...easy run it is...I'll do this tomorrow. Properly. Couldn't even raise the effort level with the wind!
    The runner in me knows that you never do two sessions back to back anyway and this would have been 3 back to back.

Friday headed out to do the 8 x 1K @10k pace...4:08 - 4:12 average pace.
    Had a loose plan of trying to fit in an easy cycle or swim too but had to work.
    Again, have no idea really what 10k pace is but I'd take a sub 42 10k right now...

Saturday Out last night and got home at 6am after staying up all night reminiscing with an old friend. Slept for about 3 hours and was good for nothing. Got out for a 1hr40 run at 2 - run was great, easy and enjoyable.

Attempted an easy turbo this evening. Was falling asleep on the turbo. My head absolutely thumping - effort level high. Totally counterproductive. 40 mins and a paltry 15k.

Brat sitting this evening and have had a nap already...getting myself off to sleep soon and hopefully the weather isn't as bad as predicted tomorrow. Hoped to get out for my long spin today to get it out of the way but 4 hours on a bike was never happening once I was still up at 5am! I'm too old for that sh*t :D

• Advertisement

Awake at 5am, nephew was sleeping on a blow up mattress on my floor and he was restless in the bed...every move he made in the bed, I could hear. AGH!!! Dozed a bit until 7 when he got up, stuck him in front of the tellybox with his breakfast and went back to bed, drained.
    After planning to get my long spin for the weekend done yesterday, imagine my disappointment to see the frost thick on the path and roads outside and the ice thick on the car at 7am...ffs...NO MORE TURBO
    Got up again, finally about 9:30...imagine my disappointment now when I saw the sun was shining and the car was completely clear. Crap... :D

Had breakfast and pack the brat off to the park with his grandad and my dogs and hit the road. No real plan but I wanted to get 3:30 - 4 hours done, so just headed out. Forgot that the road into Dunboyne would shorten my spin somewhat and that I should actually be going in towards Ratoath and back towards Dunboyne from there - too late to care and turn around as I spotted Lucan was only 5k away. My route takes me away from Lucan and back towards Chapelizod, I headed into the park and did one lap before heading home.

Forgot to start the garmin leaving the house and didn't spot it until I was coming back out of Clondalkin...so estimating at 75k ish in just under 3 hours...ish. Way too short but nice and easy and more than I'd have got done if I'd been resigned to the turbo.

Also forgot to oil my chain and didn't realise till I was hitting Cellbridge...chain is cool when clean and not having any oil, right? :o

Monday AM Run plan - 60 minutes easy. Done on full stomach. Didn't feel easy based on this - would normally do most runs on empty so this felt horrible. 55 min easy - and just over 6 miles.

Monday PM Coached swim. 15 x 100m off 2. Coming in ~1:50 Shoulder sore. For the first while but seems to ease out as the session goes on (either that or the I just get used to the pain)

Tuesday AM Never sleep well after evening swims, awake till nearly 2am and woke up at about 5:30 so not much sleep. Up at 6am, quick cup of tea and out to work for early morning AT run.
    Run plan: 15 min w/u > 40min @ AT pace (max HR 168) > 15 min w/d
    Wasn't expecting much from this to be honest. Few poor nights sleep in a row has the body feeling a bit sluggish.
    5.6 miles done in 40 min 6:59 - 7:15 pace. Surprised to hold out the pace on little sleep, on a busy enough footpath and in the morning - that's probably just me with low expectations. Good to be getting used to working hard in the mornings so I can keep slotting the run sessions in here - this is a decent spot for sessions only issue is the pedestrian lights which can leave footpath jammed . It's a great timesaver to do these before work though and always much nicer morning when I've got a run done before the misery of the office. :D
    Cut the warmdown a bit short as I was more hopping than running at this stage. Foot sore. :(

Adrenaline from the swim set most likely masks the niggle in the shoulder - how was it say an hour or two later?

Judging by your bike route you're not far from me, some great roads for cycling around there when the weather's playing ball.

Adrenaline from the swim set most likely masks the niggle in the shoulder - how was it say an hour or two later? me, some great roads for cycling around there when the weather's playing ball.

Noooo it was just that it was cold :P Fine later...I hold my shoulders very tense on the bike so that doesn't help. Back to physio for me I think for a double treatment...and stretch more and stuff
    Judging by your bike route you're not far from me, some great roads for cycling around there when the weather's playing ball.

Yep...I love it round there. Route options are endless...and I could have made up time/distance in the Pheno in fairness just couldn't face it..so close to home I just can't hack it.

Tuesday PM Club swim - 90 mins

Wednesday Easy run at lunch with one of the guys in work. Only 30 mins, weather made it feel not so easy. Tried to slow the pace and realised we were no longer moving, sheltered again once we got back into civilisation. Would have like more time but hey...

Wednesday PM Turbo - can't even remember what it was I did right now...but it was hard...had been contemplating binning this session on my way home from work. Was tired and the idea of chilling out seemed enticing. Have turbo slipped into my routine now so don't want to get into a habit that dropping it is ok just because I'd rather curl up in bed.
    Enjoyed it anyway was glad not to miss it. 100% in a full on training is part of my life mode again. I missed that.

Thursday Run session was 4 x 1 mile at 8k - 10k pace. Terrible session. Perhaps the weather last night making it tougher, during the 10 mins I was in the house after work and before my run last night the weather went from calm to galeforce winds. Should have hit the gym and done this on the treadmill, wind tunnel is not the place for trying to hit a particular pace - more just a lack of focus than weather yesterday though. Could have stayed out another hour running easy - just head not in it for the session. Only session I've done for months probably that I'm not happy with. I'll take that.

Friday swimday Got my new watch courtesy of Amphibian King...and on a non run day :( not a fan of wearing a watch in the pool but I didn't want to leave my new toy in the car or locker. Club swim, was easy enough...swim metrics are pretty cool, will come in handy when swimming on my own.

Saturday First run with the new watch. Run plan was 1 hour 50 run, first 90 mins easy with last 20 steady. One of the pulls for moving to Polar was HR - what I learnt today from run one is that I've probably been training a bit too easy. Think I'll use my garmin on hard runs. :D
    Last 20 mins I did laps of the local park, not easy with the fricken gale force wind. I don't mind running in the rain, I love running in the rain and normal winds...but this crap. Feck sake.
    Had to run in KM as I forgot to change it over before leaving. Very confusing. Spent most of the run trying to work out what min/mile pace I was running. :)

1 hour easy spinning on the turbo later on 25.5K

Hoping the wind dies down for tomorrow...no chance of doing a decent long spin on turbo.

My cycling buddy for today bailed on me yesterday morning and gusty where I live was out to the front and back garden about 20 times trying to decide if I could get out on the bike or not. It's not me falling off I'm worried about, I don't care if I get hurt...I just don't want poor Richard to get all scratched and stuff :( I'm sure I'd have been fine, I've become a total wus on the bike...going downhill and cornering is embarrassing these days.

Waited until 12 and decided to call it quits and leave it for a turbo and headed for a recovery swim.
    Easy recovery swim with pb and paddles. Playing with the swim metrics on the polar. Just over 2000m.

Long 3 hour turbo this evening 75.xxkm. Getting used to boring my eyeballs out on the turbo. Improvements very noticeable...though big jump was always going to be made initially since my turbo hadn't seen the light of day in about 2 years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

There's some serious training going on over here! You'd think there was something like a little IM on the horizon. ;):)

Dublin 70.3 I reckon :)

Monday AM Plan was ~50 min easy. Can't remember why I didn't get to this yesterday morning but I slotted this in for lunch - only got 32 min done but it wasn't easy. Good recovery session.
    Falling asleep in a meeting after lunch and longed for a lie down.

Monday PM Coached swim. 5(4 x 50 off 60) r30 after each set - ouch. Glad I went out to this, thought I'd have to miss it. Was toast after about the third 50.

Tuesday AM AT run 15 min w/u > 5 x 1 mile > 15 min w/d
    Was a bit short of time doing this so cut the warm down short. Had to use the garmin for this as had left polar in work. Garmin connect is down so can't get my proper stats.
    From memory
    7:03
    7:09
    7:25 (forgot what I was meant to be doing :o )
    7:13
    7:08

Tuesday PM Club swim. I can't even remember. Main set was 4 (3x100, 200). 3500m in all

• Advertisement

Wednesday Turbo session. 3 x 10 min - pain. Followed by 30 min run. Could hear the wind howling outside as I was on the turbo, left the house and no wind, turn the corner. OH DEAR JESUS BLOODY CHRIST. Really poor run off the bike at ~9:20/mile

Thursday Run plan called for 8x1k at 10k - 12k pace. I'd been trying to psych myself up for doing this on a treadmill as recent weather conditions hadn't been conducive to good pacing for something like this. Excitement wasn't building for an hour on the treadie...but weather improved as the day went on. I'd played with the idea of switching it with todays swim to keep myself off the treadmill. By the time I got home, the wind was pretty much at 'normal' levels so into the running gear and off I went. Still with a tailwind/headwind...pacing is never going to be perfectly even, so attempted to keep the effort even at least. Didn't work anywhere near hard enough for this...far, far too comfortable.
    4:16 / 149 / 152
    4:20 / 155 / 161
    4:16 / 148 / 155
    4:23 / 157 / 162
    4:10 / 149 / 158
    4:24 / 156 / 162
    4:16 / 148 / 156
    4:24 / 155 / 163

Friday Wasn't going to make it home on time to get a swim done at the gym so dropped into a club swim. 90 mins ~3600

Saturday Decided to wait till the paths cleared a bit more before going for a run. Run plan was 1:58 easy max hr 141 with last 15 mins steady max hr 166
    Drifted up to 142 on the two hill climbs. I'll get my wrist slapped for that! :D Very encouragint that my pace for 136ish HR is low 8's...average pace (for most of) the 'easy' miles was 8:15...2.1 miles for the last 15 minutes. 3 or 4 months ago I was slowing myself to 9:30/10 min miles to keep myself under 140.
    14.1 miles / 22.56km for 1:57:49 - on call this weekend and a call from work disrupted my last 11 seconds ;)

Lot of stomach pain during this - usually running faster (strangely) eases the pain off so I was longing for my steady miles. Alas, I just wanted to vomit and pain intensified. Got home feeling like I was going to hurl. Steady miles not great but better than last week and my longest run in over a year banked.

Would normally do this early in the day and an easy turbo in the evening. Despite being in the most pain I've been in for months and feeling ill, I still thought, ''sure jumping on the turbo would be a GREAT idea''
    It wasn't. Dragged 40 mins easy spinning out of myself... still, almost feel guilty for abandoning my final 20 mins.

Absolutely loving every second of training at the moment, actually being fit makes training so much more enjoyable. A nice reminder today of why I kept going through all the misery and set backs of the previous 18 months. Kept me fit enough to attack training when everything started slotting back into place and settling down. The crap stuff makes the good stuff so, so, so, so much better. :)

Sunday AM meant to be my long bike day, but I really needed to get out early if this was going to work for me. Woke up to snowy footpaths and icy roads. I didn't expect any different but I hoped for better :) Have an interview tomorrow which I needed to prepare work for so midday long spin wasn't going to work well for me. Hit the pool early for a recovery swim. 2800m - see two people came down on ice out there, even on midday spins so that does little to encourage me to go out on the borderline days!

Sunday PM Turbo awaited. 3 hours steady or 2ish hours of structure. Whichever one means less time on the turbo, always gunna win. Last minute of my last rep was the longest minute of my life. One of those sessions that feels horrendous but so, so good at the same time while you're doing it. :D 2 hours / 54km
    Straight into a run off the bike, 3 miles in 25:30

Didn't exactly hit everything this week, about 2 hours missed bike time - but two quality turbo sessions banked so no big deal:
    Swim: 4:50
    Bike: 3:40
    Run: ~7

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Run plan was 1:58 easy max hr 141 with last 15 mins steady max hr 166

1:58? are you being tongue in cheek or are your plans that exact?

mossym wrote: »
    1:58? are you being tongue in cheek or are your plans that exact?

It was that exact! Never seen anything like it, but who am I to argue..I didn't actually ask what happened to the other two minutes.

Rest week has arrived. Last week I was a bit disappointed to realise that I would have to ease of this week.

Monday 30 min run + coached swim

Tuesday Didn't sleep well Monday night, about 2 hours, Missed AT run (2 x 1 mile) on Tuesday morn - hit up club swim in the evening. No lane rope between the two faster lanes so wasn't too intensive - saw us moved to the wall. Hate swimming along the wall.

Wednesday Another crap nights sleep, about 3 hours but got up for an easy run. 40 mins instead of 60. Just under 5 miles in 41 min. Was easy but feeling sluggish today.

Missed turbo session tonight. All I could muster was changing into my pj's and going to bed after work. Not moving now. :)
    Messes up my week a bit as I'd hoped to get in an extra swim but will need to prioritise turbo session.

Week is turning out to be much easier than expected, but hey, that's life. Better to have my insomnia attacks this week than next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Tuesday Didn't sleep well Monday night, about 2 hours, Missed AT run (2 x 1 mile) on Tuesday morn - hit up club swim in the evening. No lane rope between the two faster lanes so wasn't too intensive - saw us moved to the wall. Hate swimming along the wall.

We call that the gutter lane. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Dory Dory wrote: »
    We call that the gutter lane. :)

i actually like swimming the wall. we've only one dedicated lane where i swim, so the rest of the pool isopen, but the morning most people are swimming lengths anyway. i'll usually try and swim along the wall

why? was explained to me at Joey hannnon last year that the cleanest fastest water is the middle of the pool., teh outsides are slowest becuase you get all the wake from the inside lanes, and it bounces off the walls and makes the water rough.

to me that sounds about as close to OW as you can get in a pool, and if you do all your swimming in that there has to be some benefit

Thursday Hoped to do easy run / turbo double but have a lot on this week and suffering a bit this week with stomach. Needed to clear my head after work on Thursday so went for a easy run. Couldn't face the turbo.

Friday Swim. ~3400 in total I think.

Saturday Didn't want cycling hanging over me all weekend and had the extra bit of flexibility with this being my easy week so I hit the road early this morning on the bike. Have had the lure of a 4 hour bike niggling away at me for a couple of weeks but weather conditions killed that off, so today was the day. Fell back asleep after my alarm and missed a early meet up this morning so was on my own for this but with the week that was in it, that was great. 4 hours with my melted head to clear out the cobwebs and relax.
    Was hitting a much better pace than more recent cycles for this, feeling much more comfortable and stronger on the bike (imagine that!).
    Decided to do the same route as a few weeks about through Newcastle, Cellbridge, Dunboyne, turned into Rathoath and back towards Dunboyne - went wrong somewhere (again) and ended up in Dunboyne town much earlier than planned. Was hitting back towards the Phoenix Park in under 3 hours. Balls. Home is 10ish mins from the Islandbridge gate so this meant the guts of an hour around the park to make up distance. Was still only 12:30 so quiet enough and throwing in the bumpy hills in the park on tired legs probably not a bad way to end the spin. Have to climb one of three hills to get back home after leaving the park so had that to dread as I exited and headed home (which on is the least sucky?!)
    Pace died out over the last 10k but that was also mostly in traffic.
    Hadn't set the cycling info up properly on my watch and had no distance on it so had no choice but to keep going until I hit the four hours...had also forgot to turn autopause...I hate this as I like to have my stats accurate and the waiting at traffic lights and the time spent trying to figure out why I couldn't clip my right foot back in has skewed my stats :D

All done on empty, had juice and a bar with me but no need for it on a day like today. 105km 4 hrs 4 mins.
    Bike needs a service, gears jumping a bit...bit of a pain leaving it in for a service, guy I go to I trust with my bikes so reluctant to go elsewhere but no way to leave it in without being without it for a weekend. If anyone can recommend anywhere around Sandyford area I could consider leaving it in some day during the week so I'll have it again for next weekend.

• Advertisement

Sunday AMOut last night so wasn't sure if I'd manage to pull myself out of bed this morning, but home early and limited myself to a mere 3 glasses of wine so up and back on the bike at 8:30, easy spin out to Blessington...popped into for cuddles with my human nephew and dog nephew and back out and home. 58k in 2:18...nice headwind on the way up the N81 - zooooooooom on the way home. Was almost tempted to stay on with the guys on their 4 hour cycle, but feck that **** I'd mine done already. :D

Sunday PM Into the pool for an easy recovery swim. Plan was pull buoy and focus on my stroke / try get some control over my left arm. Wouldn't normally be in the pool that late on a Sunday and I never want to experience that again. Swim lessons in the slow lane and 4 people in the 'fast' lane. I looked down the lane as I put my googles etc on and thought 'ffs'
    I was doing a slow, slow single arm drill...and I was catching them. I was giving almost half a length (about 15m) and I was STILL catching them before the length was up. COME ON!!!

It was just ridiculous today, in fairness the men will stop at the wall when the realise they are in your way and wait. Came up behind a woman after a while, didn't reallise she was there my paddle whacked her foot...stayed behind her until the wall...and what does she do...she f*cking goes and pushes off. Right so, I can be a wagon too lovey...you know the rest! :pac:

Frustrating and didn't get to focus on what I wanted to focus on really with the traffic in the lane. Would have been just as beneficial to sit on the couch.

2K anyway.

Advertisement