Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm too young for a midlife crisis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

You damn well better be at Donadea. I'm expecting cake!!! :D

You damn well better be at Ballyhoura. I'm expecting cake!!!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dory Dory wrote: »
    You damn well better be at Donadea. I'm expecting cake!!! :D

You damn well better be at Ballyhoura. I'm expecting cake!!!:D

We'll see...I need to get a good weekend of training in next weekend since this week was mostly a write off. :(

Who is going to Ballyhoura? Can we not just stay in Dublin and get drunk? :)

I'm not totally sure who will show up at Ballyhoura on the day - lots of possibilities from what I've been told, but who actually follows through, I haven't a clue. However, a few of us are gathering in Dublin for an evening of Fat Tuesday fun - Feb 17 - so do keep that on your radar. But you damn well better bring cake! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I'm not totally sure who will show up at Ballyhoura on the day - lots of possibilities from what I've been told, but who actually follows through, I haven't a clue. However, a few of us are gathering in Dublin for an evening of Fat Tuesday fun - Feb 17 - so do keep that on your radar. But you damn well better bring cake! :D

Baring an baby emergency I'll be in Ballyhoura, so RQ better bring her best wheat and dairy free cake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Is there any plan fixed for drinks in Dublin at all?

• Advertisement

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Is there any plan fixed for drinks in Dublin at all?

Yes. Fat Tuesday...aka, February 17th, Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Tuesday...and Mardi Gras. Exact time and place have not been determined yet, but I'll definitely post info if you/anyone is interested. Right now there are a handful of us confirmed. :)

Yes. Fat Tuesday...aka, February 17th, Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Tuesday...and Mardi Gras. Exact time and place have not been determined yet, but I'll definitely post info if you/anyone is interested. Right now there are a handful of us confirmed. :)

I'm good for the 17th....if there is anything on the night of the 14th I'm now good for that too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

How did you manage to misspell "midlife"?

And why did it take this long for someone to notice it?

And why did it take this long for someone to notice it?

My. Thoughts. Exactly!!! Jesus mods fix it, that'll melt my head now I see it!

• Advertisement

Fixed

BTH wrote: »
    Fixed

Thanks boss.

Friday Down to Cork with work for the day, got home early but was smashed. Had planned a run + swim but after an early morning hit the leaba for a nap. Headed to the pool to do a session but knew it was fairly ambitious. Tired and sluggish...turned over my scribbled down sessions to the recovery session of the week and did that instead...hitting 2:10 with the pb even that was slower than recovery would normally be. So cut it short (by 400m) and headed home. Was asleep within the hour!

Saturday Off

Sunday Asleep by 9 last night...awake again at 11:30 till 1:30 and then back to sleep. Had the brat staying with me last night so he had me awake again at 5...tried to get him to go back asleep. No dice. Still feeling much better and rested today...I knew if I got the bike out I wouldn't have the discipline to just do an easy couple of hours and do 4 hours so joined the tri club for their Sunday run. 1 hour easy...legs feeling very well rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Fixed
    Thanks boss.

Did you notice he also changed 'young' to 'old'?:D

zico10 wrote: »
    Did you notice he also changed 'young' to 'old'?:D

Feck sake. BTH you ballaxe. I'll be bringing dairy and gluten filled cake to Ballyhoura.

Mike and Paul have always been my preferred mods round here anyway...

Feck sake. BTH you ballaxe. I'll be bringing dairy and gluten filled cake to Ballyhoura.

Mike and Paul have always been my preferred mods round here anyway...

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Did a doubletake when I spotted you've got a log in here now.. you were the last holdout when the rest of us got moved over :) Sounds like trainings going well!

Fixed.

You're a sh*thead. There'd be none of this shenanigans with the athletics mods.

kingQuez wrote: »
    Did a doubletake when I spotted you've got a log in here now.. you were the last holdout when the rest of us got moved over :) Sounds like trainings going well!

It is temporary. :)

You're a sh*thead. There'd be none of this shenanigans with the athletics mods.

Weekend fun over, fixed properly this time.

Too late, I've already eaten the gluten free cookies w/80% dark choc chips I made you

983852_10153205174181833_8239012111435524999_n.jpg?oh=c3c2e234ee6ceb767e0d003eb241536a&oe=55971E26&__gda__=1431231131_7b0b2f269331afd41095ac2922c65123

• Advertisement

Too late, I've already eaten the gluten free cookies w/80% dark choc chips I made you

983852_10153205174181833_8239012111435524999_n.jpg?oh=c3c2e234ee6ceb767e0d003eb241536a&oe=55971E26&__gda__=1431231131_7b0b2f269331afd41095ac2922c65123

That's only a practice run. I expect fresh cookies next Sunday. :)

I'll be putting milk choc chips in them ones...if I go ;)

Anyway...hopped on the turbo this evening. Catz has his wish, I think he must have a RQ voodoo doll he's injecting the flu virus into this week to keep me off the bike this weekend. 85 mins / 37km. Mostly easy, with a bit of work. Very haphazard - makey uppey as I go along turbo session...but my head benefited even if my body didn't.

About 8 hours of training done for the week with 3 days off. Still coughing but think I'm over it now. Hope the heating is fixed in work tomorrow. Can't be having any more of this sickness lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I didn't do much more :o

I will type up my litany of excuses later

Monday AM Plan was 60 mins easy. A little sluggish for this and it was extra easy ~9:30/mile. A while since I was doing easy runs that slow.

Monday PM Tired. Was going to give swimming a miss but a snack and nap after work had me feeling a bit better. So hit coached swim. 4(50m off 60, 2x100). Not the best swim I've ever done but better than I expected.

Tuesday AM Woke up feeling OhMyBloodyGodHaveNeverBeenSoTired. Stayed in bed and extra 20 mins. Missed AT run. Spent day giving out to myself. First morning session I've properly missed for a while. Just been sick...being a bit overcautious perhaps...need to go easier on oneself. Generally not worth staying in bed an extra 20 mins. On Tuesday, it was.

Tuesday PM Was tired all day. Tried to decifer whether it was from being sick or from early mornings. Opted to see how I was when I got home but was hoping to do Turbo and follow it up with the AT section of my run which is one of my training options anyway. Had a wee sit down after work, got on the bike at 8pm and decided it was just to be a quality turbo. 50 mins/23k 2x20min

Wednesday AM Woke up feeling OhMyBloodyGodHaveNeverBeenSoTired. Had spent Tuesday evening procrastinating and panicking that after a poor (not really high volume / low intensity) run week 2 weeks ago, followed by a sick week I really needed to get a good run week in and I missed my AT run...so I had to fit it in. I KNOW, I'll do it tomorrow even though it'll completely defeat the purpose of me moving my swim and turbo days around and even though I KNOW I'm not meant to run run sessions on consecutive days.
    Dragged myself out of bed and into the car to drive out to work, had the session in my watch...when I got to work, I sat in the car for about 5 minutes wondering if I should just go shower and have my breakfast and skip the run altogether. A session was a stupid idea. Actual run plan for the day was 60 mins easy, by the time I got out of the car I was running late, got 45 mins easy in. Again very slow and sluggish. A mere 8K. Horrendous.

Wednesday PM Recovery swim. 2300m in total. Much better than I expected. Down in the dumps before this so happy with how this went even if it was only a recovery set.

Swimming and cycling still going well. Running a bit off for a couple of reasons at the moment. When running is bad then everything feels bad, what can I say, I am primarily a runner so if my running is not good, I'm miserable. Head a bit mashed at the moment which isn't helping matters and a bit stressed. Stomach pain and chest pain really getting to me this week which is reflecting back to my running...lowering my stress levels will help, they're soaring right now. Should be ok in a couple of days.

Thursday AM Early morning swim. Most boring swim set I've ever done. 20m pool, main set was 4(5x100 one length fast, first length on the first 100 fast, second of the second and so on) off 2:30!!! Lots of standing around and not even swimming fast but enough time to focus on my form. Probably shoulda stayed in bed. :D
    3300m in total

Thursday PM RUN MOJO THERE YOU ARE!!!! 5x7 mins at AT pace. Roughly a mile for each one.
    Thursdays run plan was completely different to this but didn't have time to programme it in to to watch and would never have been able to remember what I was meant to doing while running!

Lower stress levels = running feels easier
    Running well = stress levels kept under control
    Bah!

Friday Lie in day. Zzzzzz....Swim in pm, chlorine levels in pool were high and hadn't been monitored throughout the day evidently, ended up getting out 10/15 mins early as I was coughing like a 40 a day major smoker. 2900m

Saturday AM Long run - 2 hours 15 min - 2hours easy > 15 min steady. Hard hitting the 2 hour point, legs were tired. About 25km

Saturday PM Only 30 min on the turbo this evening, just easy spinning - 13km

Sunday AM My plan was a flat and easy 4 and a half hours for 120 ish on the bike. So off I went, was less than impressed with the talk about the Sally Gap...knew I should have split at that point and let the boys do crazy hills on their own...Sally Gap is the only hill right? No, once we get up, sure lets head to Killiney.
    4.5 hours 110km - Lessons learnt today I need to fuel up if I'm doing hills and the bike needs a service more than I previously thought...almost every mechanical that could happen happened. Happy though to get the first Sally Gap trip of the year done, I'd been putting it off (mostly because the bike needs a service!).

Monday AM Angry morning run...plan was 50 minutes...didn't hit it. 40 minutes done.

Monday PM Coached swim. Was going to give this a miss as I knew I wasn't fired up. Threshold set...not done at threshold.

Tuesday AM Plan was 5 x 7 min AT. Stayed in bed.

Tuesday PM Was out of the office with work. Tired. Went to bed for a while when I got home. Didn't get up again o.ther than to make pancakes

Wednesday AM Plan was 60 min run. 45 min easy, disinterested. 126 average HR!

Wednesday PM On to turbo...not callibrating properly. Off the turbo, try to fix. Still not working properly. This continued for a while. Made it to 30 minutes and gave up. Will fix turbo tomorrow.

Miserable week so far. Head not in the game at all this week...need to get back on the wagon and get head back into it. Stress must be high, though I don't feel it....high stress will just make me sick which will fudge up all the hard work I've done. Tomorrow is a new day, try again tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Is it time for an easy week or even a week off? Sounds like (training) stress accumulation - hard one last week, or recently?

Advertisement