Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

SILVAMAN wrote: »
    what's the gay agenda? :confused:

I never got my copy either!! :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I've nothing against gay marriage but I am not sure from an adoption point of view for children how it can be handled. Should 2 gays/lesbians be put to the bottom of the list or equal status on the list, what if the children are of an age that they specifically see a mother and father as their normal parental needs, how is a decision made? A same sex couple may be as good or even better than an opposite sex couple, who knows. I get the impression that some people adopt a child as a fashion accessory, both straight and gay.

Not in this country they don't when adoption takes years and costs thousands of Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Stall for time!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Did this African chap just say that same sex marriage might lead to incest and polygamy?!

considering there's no same sex marriage in most of Africa I wonder where the polygamy and incest there comes from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Iona have packed the audience! The loonies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I always knew that Breda will dodge the question when it comes to the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Why is it I think these right wing loons are the worst people to raise children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Iona have packed the audience! The loonies!

They haven't. That's just the old familiar sound of a tiny number of bigots clapping as loudly as they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Girl with greasy hair just shushed Breda. It's all kicking off

I've nothing against gay marriage but I am not sure from an adoption point of view for children how it can be handled. Should 2 gays/lesbians be put to the bottom of the list or equal status on the list, what if the children are of an age that they specifically see a mother and father as their normal parental needs, how is a decision made? A same sex couple may be as good or even better than an opposite sex couple, who knows. I get the impression that some people adopt a child as a fashion accessory, both straight and gay.

People adopt a child as a fashion accessory? Do you actually think that?

• Advertisement

Girl with greasy hair just shushed Breda. It's all kicking off

And then cut across Keith. All things being fair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

what's Breda's take on gay kids born to straight parents?

Sharon being beamed in by 1980s tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

eviltwin wrote: »
    Not in this country they don't when adoption takes years and costs thousands of Euro.

But if it's equal rights it's equal rights, it would have to be on the cards as to how adoption would be handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

In the irish legal definition of marriage does it specifically say that marriage is between a man and a woman?

People adopt a child as a fashion accessory? Do you actually think that?

Yes I do :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Don't know why they roll out this Keith pr!ck out every time there's a debate on gay marriage, he doesn't get bonus integrity points for having gay-shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Sharon being beamed in by 1980s tech.

And Finally our 10 points goes to......

Yes I do :cool:

Hmmmm I'm not so sure. Don't adoptive parents usually go through years of hardship/financial expense to eventually adopt a child.

Breda's cousin.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm I'm not so sure. Don't adoptive parents usually go through years of hardship/financial expense to eventually adopt a child.

Not if they are a multi-millionaire entertainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

But if it's equal rights it's equal rights, it would have to be on the cards as to how adoption would be handled.

It would be handled the same way it's always been handled. Gay people already adopt, this referendum won't change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Where's the balance in picking someone so obviously biased to report the UK's position?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The show does have an eighties / nineties feel about it but I like it, it has a more intimate / gay byrne late late show feel about it , including the gombeen in The audience .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

being sued by the equality commission....surely that proves the point they ARE Not being equal! *tears hair out*

Not if they are a multi-millionaire entertainer.

What percentage of adoptive parents are multiple millionaires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

gregers85 wrote: »
    And Finally our 10 points goes to......

Russia

12 is Finally btw

Azerbaijan

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mattie500

Iona Institute playing to script, the same arguments as the contributor on Newstalk this morning. Patronising and subtle. Just waiting for the "Slovenia" example on the polls (70% in favour in the lead up to the vote and it went 55:45 against). I would have assumed it would pass here but it cannot be taken for granted. As with everything this debate will be littered with irrevelant arguments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

they have to prove they have the means to provide for the child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I haven't followed this debate - but it looks like the question going to the public is confused.

Why are gay people trying to be married - they can already have a civil partnership ?

I'm confused - I can see this being rejected.

Advertisement