Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Year Old Boy Invoiced for no show at friends party

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

What in the name of God did I just read. I've never heard of anything so stupid in my life. All I know is if she put that invoice in my sons bag she would have to send me another one from her surgeon to get my boot out of her arse. I really pity those poor children. Can you imagine how confused and upset they must be because they can't play together. This woman is a total fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Good luck with that : there's no contract, agreement or anything else so she's no business sending anyone an invoice.

Also, taking a 5 year old to small claims !!!?? Emm.. I'm not sure where to start with how stupid that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,520 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Meathlass wrote: »
    While I wouldn't have sent an invoice I can understanding the parents frustration.

They booked a venue and activities for the numbers who confirmed attendance and were out of pocket as a result of no-shows. Why didn't Alex Nash's parents have the decency to ring and say he couldn't make it?

I agree it would have been polite if they had sent a message that for whatever reason they couldn't make it at the last minute..

But..
    Say it was £16 per head for 20 children, if all 20 show up then they'd be paying £320. did they have to pay any more than the £320 if only 18 showed up ?? They had planned to spend the money anyway so why be idiots and bill people..

This is more about the fact that people didn't come to little Johnny's party - and how dare they not come to Johnny's party !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Good luck with that : there's no contract, agreement or anything else so she's no business sending anyone an invoice.

Also, taking a 5 year old to small claims !!!?? Emm.. I'm not sure where to start with how stupid that is.

She's a complete window-licking blithering idiot who should be beaten slowly to death with a rolled-up copy of the Wall Street Journal. Twice. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Out of curiosity, how could the woman who sent the invoice win a court claim on this? What legal rights does she have?

Bizarre story btw :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The other crowd are just as embarrassing, going to the tabloids posing for photos with the kid holding the invoice looking all forlorn. Set of simpletons

Kolido wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how could the woman who sent the invoice win a court claim on this? What legal rights does she have?

Bizarre story btw :pac:

I should say she has the right to have any judge in the land peer disapprovingly over his bifocals at her while explaining to her exactly how much of an óinseach she is, and finally fining her £500 for wasting everyone's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

The fact that the parents had the means to generate a professional looking invoice makes me think that they are professional consultants of some kind and are quite used to billing people for their time. I feel bad for their child who might grow up thinking that time is money and they can charge for friendship.

grundie wrote: »
    The fact that the parents had the means to generate a professional looking invoice makes me think that they are professional consultants of some kind...

Quite possible. Always beware a half-educated fcukan fool. :pac:

The fact that the parents had the means to generate a professional looking invoice makes me think that they are professional consultants of some kind and are quite used to billing people for their time. I feel bad for their child who might grow up thinking that time is money and they can charge for friendship.

Or can use Word and a colour printer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

it costs more for the small court charges than they are going to get back £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

These first world problems will destroy the nation.

Won't somebody think of the children.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

In Torpoint UK a 5 year old has been sent an invoice for failing to show up to another childs party, and leaving the other childs parents out of pocket to the tune of £16 the other side will go to the smalls claims court if unpaid.... silly people be silly.... no sleepovers allowed in that house.....

I'm under no illusion regarding the abundance of ássholes on this planet, but some people really do go out of their way to prove it.

Also, I'm pretty sure sending people who didn't agree anything with you an invoice and then demanding payment with threats of legal action is at the very least frowned upon by judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I still don't understand how she's "out of pocket". If the child was there or not, it wouldn't make any difference right? Its not like the child was bringing the 16 quid to the party and she had to cover for him.

If anything, she actually saved money - the kid didn't eat her food, didn't mess up her house etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

16 sterling a head :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I still don't understand how she's "out of pocket". If the child was there or not, it wouldn't make any difference right? Its not like the child was bringing the 16 quid to the party and she had to cover for him.

Obvious, little Johnny didn't get the corresponding present :rolleyes:

The other crowd are just as embarrassing, going to the tabloids posing for photos with the kid holding the invoice looking all forlorn. Set of simpletons

Do they get paid for all that - I wonder how much nice little earner for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

And also to say poor was double booked to see his grandparents that day.

At least granny and granda won the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

old_aussie wrote: »
    These first world problems will destroy the nation.

Won't somebody think of the children.

Apparently it costs €15.95 to think of the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

SpaceTime wrote: »
    If anything, she actually saved money - the kid didn't eat her food, didn't mess up her house etc.

It was at a party event place rather than her house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

All this for 16 pounds!?
    You have to think of your child in this situation. What about the birthday party next year? She (The mother) will still expect other parents to bring their kids after sending an invoice out? :pac:

Not too mention her kid is going to get made fun of by the other kids now. Obviously after over-hearing the chatter by their parents.
    So all this over a mere 16 pounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

16 sterling a head :eek:

Once paid 16 sterling for head, lovely woman and she also threw in a pokey bum **** for free while she was in the act!

Gave her a 20 and told her no change required, would defo recommend!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I would send her a note back saying, certainly, see you in the small claims court.

I would drag the 4rse out of it, let the daft woman flounder and flail about for her 16 quid.

She'd lose, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I hope for the childs sake that there is somewhere that he can go to rent out friends because his parents are making sure that any of the kids he knows now will stay a million miles away from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

they realised their son was double-booked
    Do 5 year-olds have social secretaries these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I hope for the childs sake that there is somewhere that he can go to rent out friends because his parents are making sure that any of the kids he knows now will stay a million miles away from him.

Think of the money they will save on future birthday parties !!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You get a 'thanks' purely for your username :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Grayson wrote: »
    Poor kid. This story will follow him through school. His parents are idiots.

"The unnamed mother has since threatened the family that she would take the case to a small claims court, while the birthday boy will no longer play with Alex at school."

Poor bastard will never hear the end of it and probably get bullied as a result down the line. Kids can be very cruel and remember stuff like that

Advertisement