Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread for Maggots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Outstanding show.

Korn are as good live as ever, put on a belter!
    Slipknot were as amazing as expected but it really did go quickly.

Highlight was probably custer. Didn't care too much for the track when I first heard it but it stole the show last night.
    That and Sid lepping around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Such a great night but it really did seem to go in far too fast! Lived up to my expectations anyway, might even have bettered them :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gambithh

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

Thought Slipknot were very good. Corey Taylor is a class front man.
    Plenty of energy from the band.

• Advertisement

cro mags wrote: »
    Thought Slipknot were very good. Corey Taylor is a class front man.
    Plenty of energy from the band.

True that.
    Can't believe the flack he is getting on here for being gratuitous to the crowd.

It's a staple of what has made their shows so famous.

The being banned thing is bollocks though - that was in 2002 was it not?. Also they played Dublin nearly a year after the gig with Metallica.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Reiketsu wrote: »
    The being banned thing is bollocks though - that was in 2002 was it not?. Also they played Dublin nearly a year after the gig with Metallica.

I was trying to figure this out myself I remember when iowa was out, there was rumours they were banned, now I was only a young teen at the time so my memory is hazy, I asked a friend at the gig and he said he taught it was after the metallica gig that Corey peed on stage and they got banned, he was adamant it was right,I never heard about it, were they actually banned for any length of time.

mightyreds wrote: »
    I was trying to figure this out myself I remember when iowa was out, there was rumours they were banned, now I was only a young teen at the time so my memory is hazy, I asked a friend at the gig and he said he taught it was after the metallica gig that Corey peed on stage and they got banned, he was adamant it was right,I never heard about it, were they actually banned for any length of time.

I'm open to correction but from what I remember they were due to play Dublin in 2002 but were not allowed. The Belfast show went ahead. I was at the 2004 gig but don't remember anything happening. Don't remember hearing anything about the 2005 one either.

I'm open to correction but from what I remember they were due to play Dublin in 2002 but were not allowed. The Belfast show went ahead. I was at the 2004 gig but don't remember anything happening. Don't remember hearing anything about the 2005 one either.

No I remember nothing either but when he said we were banned for so long or something to that effect, I was thinking maybe there's a bit of truth to the rumour, but couldn't find anything on google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

that gig was good craic, I was a bit apprehensive about going on my own but it was a great night

mightyreds wrote: »

How could that be the case of they played the following year. And I, along with everyone else that attended that gig, have no recollection of Corey Taylor pissing on the stage.

I distinctly remember that Dublin got a date on their first tour in 1999/2000 but was taken down from their website nearly as soon as it was put up.
    Months later, Sid posted on their website that the parents council had played a part in this.
    No Dublin date was scheduled for 2002 but they played Belfast instead.

Then without controversy, they were scheduled to support Metallica on 2004, then returned in 2005 for their own show.

How could that be the case of they played the following year. And I, asking with everyone else that attended that gig, have no recollection of Corey Taylor pissing on the stage.

I distinctly remember that Dublin got a date on their first tour in 1999/2000 but was taken down from their website nearly as soon as it was put up.
    Months later, Sid posted on their website that the parents council had played a part in this.
    No Dublin date was scheduled for 2002 but they played Belfast instead.

Then without controversy, they were scheduled to support Metallica on 2004, then returned in 2005 for their own show.

I dont know, they said they were banned i just wanted to know the story was with it because I couldnt remember

Yes, there's definitely confusion from both camps.

I was just giving a timeline as I remember it.

Yes, there's definitely confusion from both camps.

I was just giving a timeline as I remember it.

seems Corey doesn't even know, did you see his pre-gig speech to the band, he says last time here we opened for metallica, he doesnt even remember the 05 gig:D, really though I reckon the ban he mentioned was just a way to rise the crowd and excuse a 10 year absence all in 1

Yep, like I said. He seems confused about it too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

My legs do that for this song too :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slipknot are going on a 2 year hiatus when they wrap up touring

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-06-20/slipknot-to-take-2-year-break

Lithium93_ wrote: »

That's no more than we're used to them doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭idontlikefig

I remember seeing a Jim Root interview a few months ago and he was saying that he thinks slipknot will be going back into the studio as soon as possible. Saying that, this break seems more believable.
    If the break is set in stone then who knows, they might due another run of Europe. Its unlikely but possible because if hey don't it would be three years off touring which is long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Twas Bull anyway :D...

Feb 08: Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
    Feb 09: London Alexandra Palace
    Feb 12: Birmingham Genting Arena
    Feb 13: Leeds First Direct Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What an odd choice of song to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What an odd choice of song to release.

Yeah, i thought the same, i like it, probably one of the best tracks of the album but as a single, nah, an album/concert intro most definately

Playing The SSE Arena in Belfast on 15th February :D. Tickets on sale Friday at 9am starting at £43.50.

Playing The SSE Arena in Belfast on 15th February :D. Tickets on sale Friday at 9am starting at £43.50.

That's a Valentines few nights in Belfast sorted for the wifey...walking along "Ooooh look, SLipknot are here, what's this in my pocket, a ticket, wow, what a coincidence, see ya in a while"

only kidding, she loves Slipknot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

No Dublin date announced?

bushball wrote: »
    No Dublin date announced?

Nope, sure they only played there in January. They haven't played Belfast since 2002! Belfast will be an adventure :pac:

Rock & Metal roadtrip, surely we could fill a 25 seater between us, anyone want me to price it up?

I've done coach trips to concerts before when i lived in Wales, people pay up front and it's not an issue

• Advertisement

I'd be up for it only I'm in the north and only a wee hour away. Can actually get home after a gig! What sorcery is this?!

Advertisement