Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Irish Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Boon16

Thanks for that sent an email to the rhinos so hopefully ill be able to get involved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

South Kildare Soldiers also have a junior kitted team - it all depends on the location your in! But certainly get involved you wont regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Boon16

South Kildare Soldiers also have a junior kitted team - it all depends on the location your in! But certainly get involved you wont regret it

Living in south dublin so will probably try go with the rebels but hopefully we will play you someday

• Registered Users Posts: 2 S_Maguire

The Rebels are a pretty good team to begin with, you get plenty of experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

The South Kildare Soldiers are looking for assistant and positional coaches for the up coming season. Please contact SKSoldiers2015@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭nerd69

does anyone know when the fixtures for next year are out? should be soon right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Guffy

There is an AGM on Saturday, I believe they will be released at this. Assuming all of the audit meetings were satisfactory.

Think all the audits were fine - AGM should have a full schedule proposed - including 4th july games and that! Roll on tomorrow

Great news that all teams passed what are the new teams is it just Donegal/Derry I herd dit are just playing flag for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just back in from the AGM. Suffering jaysus, thank god it is only once a year I'll say that much. :D:D

North West Vipers are in IAFL2 in 2015.
    DIT are formative members with a view of fielding a team in 2016.

SBC North is Belfast, Carrick, Craigavon, Rebels and Panthers
    SBC South is NKR, WDR, TCD, UCD and UL

IAFL 1 is up to 7 teams. Waterford, Mullingar, Meath, Cork, Drogheda with Tyrone and Dundalk moving up from IAFL 2

IAFL 2 is still TBC. South Kildare are still down there, as are Galway and now the Vipers. What the Association are looking at is for SBC teams to have "B" teams take part in IAFL2.

So there will be 20 teams playing kitted football next year.

• Advertisement

looks like drogheda have dropped to iafl 2

nerd69 wrote: »
    looks like drogheda have dropped to iafl 2

Really, link? Or source?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Really, link? Or source?
    http://nfl-ireland.com/irish-players/7540-iafl-weekly-8115/

it also means all iafl 1 teams will play each other at least once

nerd69 wrote: »
    http://nfl-ireland.com/irish-players/7540-iafl-weekly-8115/

it also means all iafl 1 teams will play each other at least once

Cheers.. was dreading the two trips north if we had to play a trojans b as well as derry/donegal.

I think they should do two divisions in IAFA 1. North and south. Play your division twice and the other division once. Travel between titans and southern teams would be a mare alright but would just be one game

Cheers.. was dreading the two trips north if we had to play a trojans b as well as derry/donegal.

I think they should do two divisions in IAFA 1. North and south. Play your division twice and the other division once. Travel between titans and southern teams would be a mare alright but would just be one game

ya were away to titans it will be a tough one

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EJ88

I'll hopefully be playing for the Vipers, we're well spread out in our division.

yeah its gonna be tough for vipers this year - im with the soldiers and only for drogheada dropping down it would be brutal for us - galway is a long trip - and donegal is a really long trip! Vipers will have tough away days

yeah its gonna be tough for vipers this year - im with the soldiers and only for drogheada dropping down it would be brutal for us - galway is a long trip - and donegal is a really long trip! Vipers will have tough away days

Ah right. What position do you play? How many years are the soldiers going? Yeah Galways about 4 hours for us, would nearly be the same to Kildare.

EJ88 wrote: »
    Ah right. What position do you play? How many years are the soldiers going? Yeah Galways about 4 hours for us, would nearly be the same to Kildare.

Think it's gona be longer on bus given the road :(

EJ88 wrote: »

left tackle - soldiers are going about 2 years - first time in the league last year so looking forward to this season to push on! Hows the vipers going at the moment? first training last week?

• Advertisement

Think it's gona be longer on bus given the road :(

Very true.

left tackle - soldiers are going about 2 years - first time in the league last year so looking forward to this season to push on! Hows the vipers going at the moment? first training last week?

Ah cool. Going to try Receiver myself. Yeah just had the first training last week. Had a good turn out. Are you guys training again?

never stop training to be honest - took a break for 2 weeks over xmas but back to training since the 7th! Got a few newbies in this year that we want to give the best foundation of the game!
    Is it all newbies with you guys?

Yeah all new guys as far as I know. The coach seems to be the only one with playing experience. Bit of a steep learning curve but I guess that's the fun of it. Yeah it's good that you guys have the experience for the new guys.

once you get your first game outta the way your grand!! our first game against the mavericks was awesome - great build up and great game - we lost - but all the better for the experience of it!

I watch a lot of American football but it's amazing some of the things you pick up on after you learn to play.

Hearing reports that Drogheda Lightning could be out of the league - not sure as to why but i think the club may be wrapped up!

Was told yesterday that 6 teams were confirmed for IAFL2. Don't know if this includes drogheda and 2 b teams or 3 b teams. Can't think of who third b team is though. Belfast, rebels and ?

Schedule should be released Wednesday.

UL Vikes i heard yesterday too

Do they not have a small enough first team?

Although thinking now they brought a few rookies to Spain didn't they?

• Advertisement

I thought that they had a small roster too - but apparently enough interest for a b team! Should be great for you guys to have a game close enough to home!
    Cant wait for the schedule

Advertisement