Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will you do differently next Christmas?

Options
  • 12-01-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭

What will you be doing differently next Christmas?

I will be serving canapes before the main dinner instead of a starter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Finishing up earlier for holidays from work, I have two days holidays left from last year, I should have really finished up earlier, when Christmas Eve arrived I thought I still had another day to get organised

Maybe go away in Ireland for New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Buying less biscuits and chocolates.

I'm still eating!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This year Im going to take more time relaxing and taking it all in (with some DVDs and selection boxes) last year a lot of my Christmas was spent travelling to and fro.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Fewer people staying over in the days immediately after Christmas. Didn't actually start to relax until too late into the break.

And I'm going to eat more mince pies. Had a good few the week before, but none at all while there were turkey & ham sambos on the go. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭kiteman

Next Christmas I'll do the same as I did this year. For the first time I can recall I did absolutely nothing, apart from sitting by the fire, watching TV and reading books. The occasional walk in Donadea forest, what a great Christmas break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Buying less biscuits and chocolates.

I'm still eating!!

Same! Everyone decided to gift us bickies and selection boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I'm going to enjoy the lead up more.....

That means more christmas markets and carol services for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Drink less beer and more whiskey, be it hot whiskeys or cold whiskey

I'm going to make sure I have a Hot Chocolate - for some strange reason I drank none this Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Don't plan to do anything different this year. 2014 I made a point of sitting down more and chilling with the kids and hubby. Had just the right amount of family, friends and time to ourselves. Same again please.

• Advertisement

Oh I forgot to mention, I was involved with the Clane musical society carol singers at dublin airport (T2) arrivals, welcoming those returning home for christmas.
    It was a fantastic 2 hours of singing our hearts out. Looking forward to doing it again next christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Not go home for Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Not buy gifts for family who I have no relationship with any other time of the year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

I'll be going home to England for Christmas this year. Think it'll be 3 years since I was home at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Fewer people staying over in the days immediately after Christmas. Didn't actually start to relax until too late into the break.

And I'm going to eat more mince pies. Had a good few the week before, but none at all while there were turkey & ham sambos on the go. :-)

You are my idol for 2015. Anyone who is already planning how many mince pies they will eat next Christmas deserves some kind of award :P

I'm going to make sure I have a Hot Chocolate - for some strange reason I drank none this Christmas

Me too I normally go in for one while shopping and didn't manage it, I did start making baileys coffees which went down a treat I am on the dry for January so I look forward to finishing off the baileys this winter

Our Turkey was abit of a disappointment so I hope next year to eat lots more Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'll probably relax a bit more about the amount of time I had to spend away from my own bed. (Christmas Day to the 27th!) It ended up being lovely this year and I'm sure it will be lovely again in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Next Christmas will be my first one not spent in the family home so that should be different but good.

I'm also going to eat less. Pfft, yeah right!

SarahLil wrote: »
    Me too I normally go in for one while shopping and didn't manage it, I did start making baileys coffees which went down a treat I am on the dry for January so I look forward to finishing off the baileys this winter

Our Turkey was abit of a disappointment so I hope next year to eat lots more Turkey

I had lots of Bailey's coffees too! I'll be repeating that next Christmas :-)

This year for the first time since I can remember, I had a full 2 weeks off. Living on my own I pondered what to do, where to go maybe.
    I really meant to go visiting family around the country, and thought of a week in Spain evan.
    Anyway I settled in to lazing around the house, going for a daily walk, then sitting by the fire, watching TV, and just generally chilling.
    Before I knew it, I was going back to work in january, having done none of the things I had half planned.
    Hopefully I'll do the same again next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ol' Donie wrote: »

I meant to make mince pies before Christmas and never got around to it so there's a jar of mincemeat in the press still....better use it before it goes out of date

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I'll get my hair done in the first week of December. I always leave it too late, and then there's no appointments free, or no time to go.
    Also I am going to find out what Eggnog is, and make it. :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

katemarch wrote: »
    Also I am going to find out what Eggnog is, and make it. :-)

It's essentially eggs, sugar, milk,cream & bourbon and nutmeg. Does not sound appealing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Will be first Christmas with our baby so loads of different things but the one I'm most looking forward to is doing Santy :) also won't be pregnant so will go back to having champagne with breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

@Loughc - sounds like a sort of brandy custard? But you drink it?
    I wouldn't agree with you - I think it might be tasty. Though rich and sweet? I MUST try this!!!
    (Stand by for reports)

katemarch wrote: »
    @Loughc - sounds like a sort of brandy custard? But you drink it?
    I wouldn't agree with you - I think it might be tasty. Though rich and sweet? I MUST try this!!!
    (Stand by for reports)

You drink it. It remains rather liquidity. The thoughts of bourbon and eggs together is turning my stomach haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Synchronic

Eat less mince pies that way I won't have to kill myself in the gym like I am now and start my Xmas shopping early for a change.

kiteman wrote: »
    This year for the first time since I can remember, I had a full 2 weeks off. Living on my own I pondered what to do, where to go maybe.
    I really meant to go visiting family around the country, and thought of a week in Spain evan.
    Anyway I settled in to lazing around the house, going for a daily walk, then sitting by the fire, watching TV, and just generally chilling.
    Before I knew it, I was going back to work in january, having done none of the things I had half planned.
    Hopefully I'll do the same again next year.
    That's sounds fab...lazing, walking and back the fire bliss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Less (no!) travelling. Spend time doing nothing with the kids, eat dinner earlier, have films lined up and ready to go after dinner, Turkey, cranberry, stuffing, ham and apple sauce triple deckers for tea :)

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »
    That's sounds fab...lazing, walking and back the fire bliss

It was, and the huge shock I got, when the alarm went off first day back to work.
    I'm still not the better of it.

Advertisement