Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So your looking for a club - LOOK HERE FIRST (NO CHAT)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Si sok dwayne

Come check us out if your looking for an authentic style of traditional Kungfu , we are located close to the phibsboro shopping centre in the northside of Dublin ,,,,, we offer classes in lung Ying dragon style Kungfu ,,, we have a direct lineage to Hong Kong ,,,, all martial aspects covered ,,, from sparring to weapons !!! Kind regards si sok dwayne ,,,, 085 2115110

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭celica1994

The Japanese jujitsu club, Located in the lane behind st brigids road drumcondra, A mix of jujitsu, judo and brazilian jujitsu. training is from 7:30 - 9:30 . I train at the club myself and it has some great instructors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Balance moved premises and opened in Drumcondra, Dublin 9 in January... We're now open 7 days per week, we have a large matted area for Martial Arts and a separate Yoga Studio.

We're based on the 1st floor of the ABCD building (it used to be St Joseph's school for the deaf) between Drumcondra train station and Quinns pub. There's heaps of free parking, a great coffee shop and lots more! You'll find a map and directions here

Our Martial Art Coaches and Instructors

Martial Arts:
    Ray Butcher - BJJ Black Belt, 4th Dan Aikikai Aikido and Yoga Instructor
    Mauro Sulcis - Italian Pro Kickboxing Champion.
    Keith Mc Cabe - The hardest working Amateur MMA fighter in Ireland! He holds the Akuma Amateur Welterweight belt.
    Colin Meagle - 2nd Dan Aikikai Aikido
    We also have a large team of BJJ and Aikido assistant coaches and instructors.

We have a range of Beginner's Courses... MMA, BJJ and Aikido. We don't make you start on a specific date, you can join in whenever you like.

We have regular BJJ, MMA, Aikido and Kickboxing classes for adults and there's also kids classes for BJJ and Aikido. We also offer Ashtanga Yoga and Vinyasa Flow classes in our Yoga Studio. You can find our schedule here

Our Facebook pages are:
    Balance Martial Arts and Balance Yoga

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Michael O Leary

The Irish Wing Tsun Organisation (IEWTO) has recently opened a new school in Navan in addition to the four existing schools in Dublin City Centre, Blanchardstown, Wexford & Maynooth. Classes are taught by Daragh Breathnach - 1st Higher Grade (HG).

Daragh began Wing Tsun in the Blanchardstown school in 2004 and in 2008 became as assistant instructor for the school. He received his 1st HG at the end of 2012 and since then opened his own school in Navan.

Classes are held every Monday night with more scheduled in the near future. First class is free.

Regards,

Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 31 30rock

Jeet Kune Do Ireland Weekly Classes and Private Instruction for Adults and Childern in Jun Fan Gung Fu & Jeet Kune Do, Inosanto blend Kali and Brazilian Jujitsu

Leaded by Head instructor Martin O'Neill

Class Schedule:
    Monday Evening Private Training by appointment,
    Tuesday Little Dragons, JKD and BJJ,
    Wednesday JKD and Kali,
    Thursday: JKD,
    Fri and Sat Private Training by appointment.

Dublin training group: JKD Wednesday 7-8pm YMCA Aungiers St. Dublin 2 contact James on 087 7036570

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Shane McMunn

Beginners Yeung (Yang) Family Tai Chi starting in Sligo this February, Friday's at 6pm at the Sligo Yoga Centre.

We are Hong Kong Yeung family lineage, my teacher is Jim Uglow, student of Yeung Ma Lee (Mary Yang).

Check us out on Facebook at facebook/sligotaichi

or the website sligoacupunctureandtuina.com/Tai-Chi-Chuan.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

mike2084 wrote: »
    Riordans Taekwondo Schools- Listowel & Newcastle West

http://www.riordanstaekwondoschools.com/

Master Riordan now has a new full time center in Newcastle West Co, Limerick which I attend: https://m.facebook.com/NewcastleWestTaekwondo

Master Dalton has a new place in Clash, Tralee Co. Kerry, I have yet to go there: https://m.facebook.com/masterdaltontaekwondo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Any HEMA clubs in South Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xyl.az

Hi there,

There's a Dublin Hema Club, not sure where they are located exactly but look for their facebook page as they don't have any website yet.

taken from their page:

Address
    Geraldstown House, Dublin 9 . GPS - 53.402489, -6.263296 Ballymun Cross, Ballymun

Niall is the guy running things up there, he's also the president of HEMA Ireland Federation so message him and he'll set you up :)

Hope this helps,

Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Peaches894

Moving back to limerick and looking for a muay thai club in the area. Anyone know of one?

Mod ~ there's a NO CHAT rule in this thread.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

CLASES_FINAL-small.png

thanks
    Andrew

Sorry - it seems I cannot edit the old post anymore so i have to put a new one here:

CLASES_FINAL1small.jpg

Main change is, Glen Location have moved to Tuesdays from 8:30 PM

Thanks
    Andrew
    Cork Blademasters
    Historical European Martial Arts School

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hakunapesa

The 1595 Club Ireland is happy to announce the opening of 2 new Clubs in Galway & Dublin City at the start of 2016.

We study the lost martial system of Vincentio Saviolo covering unarmed combat, the study and practice of historical weapons and the study of authentic swordsmanship.

We will be offering courses suitable for all abilities from the beginner to advanced students both in individual classes and group workshops. Everyone welcome.

Our fully insured teachers are also available to teach workshops at other clubs around Ireland. Classes can be tailor made to fit in with your club.

Our club, The 1595 Club is dedicated to the practice, study and rebirth of the ‘lost’ martial arts of Europe. Our primary source is the work of the sixteenth century soldier, philosopher and Master of Fence Vincentio Saviolo and it is from the year of publication of ‘His Practise’ in 1595 that the Club takes its name.

The terms ‘fencing’ or ‘to fence’ originated from the Elizabethan slang for ‘defence’ and ‘offence’ and this is the meaning that we wish to reclaim.

Fencing is the art of combat: the art and science of defence.

The 1595. Club’s approach to the Art of Fence offers:

• A full martial system: ranging from unarmed combat to the study and practice of historical weapons.

• The study of authentic swordsmanship and the Art of Arms.

• A practical and effective form of self-defence.

• An exploration and study of the co-ordination and harmony of both mind and body, not only as a combat discipline but also as a form of solo practice, that encourages and benefits both physical and emotional well-being.

• The promotion of a philosophy of respect and goodwill:

“…the more skill a man hath of his weapon the more gentle and curteous should he shewe himselfe, for in truth this is rightly the honour of a brave Gentleman, and so much the more is hee to bee esteemed : neither must he be a bragger, or lyer, and without truth in his word, because there is nothing more to be required of a man then to know himselfe…” Vincentio Saviolo.

The weapon forms we study are:

Sword (Arming sword or early Rapier)
    Sword and Dagger
    Sword and Shield
    Sabre
    Staff and Pole weapons (Partizan)
    Walking stick/Cane
    Pugilism (Victorian boxing)
    Savate (Classic French Foot Fighting)
    Elements of Pugilism and Savate are combined with all weapon forms to show the student that the weapon in hand is but one weapon amongst many that can be used.

If anyone is interested please send me a message and I can direct you to Videos of what we do and our Pages.

Thank You

1595 Club Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dardis

Marcelo Garcia Ireland
    Royal grappling Academy

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu club Blanchardstown/Dublin 15 & Navan Co. Meath

Royalgrapplingacademy.com

timetable-jpeg-2015.png

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 uzver

Looking for Krav Maga classes in Dublin 18, Bray, Dun Laoghaire, etc.
    Classes in Clondalkin and Greystown does not suits me.
    Thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fran.meggs

Hi There,
    Shotokan Karate classes available at the Dublin YMCA in Aungier St. Cits Centre. All levels accepted including beginners.
    jkashotokanireland.ie/beginners.php

Any more details just let me know.
    Cheers
    Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

Gray School of Arms, is a western martial arts and fitness school based in Dublin city, Ireland.(WMA) (HEMA)

We are dedicated to the practice, study and revival of western fighting arts.
    It is our mission to recreate, teach and promote these arts in a combative, effective and constructive manner.

Our primary focus is on military side-sword of the late 15th and 16th century’s. Our primary source is that of the 16th century solder and fencing Master Henry De Saintct Didier.
    However we do not believe that anyone source holds all the answers, and as such the curriculum expands across multiple source material.

Curriculum Contents

Physical fitness and conditioning
    Kickboxing and gutter boxing
    Side sword
    Side sword and rotella (round shield)
    Side sword and buckler
    Dagger
    Longsword
    Montate
    Pole arms: Staff, spear, Pole axe

All are welcome.

Any inquiries please Pm me and i will forward you the details. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SwordsWest

Swords of the West is a historical fencing (HEMA) group based in Knocknacarra, Galway.
    The training primarily draws from the fencing manuals of Hanko Döbringer, Sigmund Ringeck & Joachim Meÿer.

Our main focus is upon fencing with the Longsword. We have also been putting work into Dussack from Meÿer, as well as knife work influenced by both European and Filipino sources.

The primary goal is learning the practical applications of these methods of combat as performed in the time period, as well as their use in modern tournaments and events.

Anyone aged 16 or over is welcome to train with us, no previous knowledge of martial arts or fencing is required.
    An open mind and positive attitude, along with a willingness to work hard--these are required.

You can contact us via Facebook, search "Swords of the West", Twitter @SwordsWest, or on the web just search google for "swordswest".
    *If you are an instructor or practitioner of another martial art, and will be visiting Galway, give us a shout!*
    We always welcome guest instructors who would like to share their art as well as guests to join in our training.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Len_Barlowe

Hey.

I boxed for a couple of years but stopped because of college and work. Have tried muay Thai, karate and bjj but never had the time. Looking to get into a martial art but my work hours are all over the place. I hardly finish before 8.30 pm and work Monday to Friday. Does anyone know any clubs with really flexible hours to train? Meant to say that I'm living in Waterford. I meant to say I've looked everywhere online but I'm in work for any of the times training's on. I'm at a loss for what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

I think you may have to post this in a different thread? But the Straightblast Gym on the Naas Road is open all day and closes late. Everyone is really decent in there too. Best of luck with your training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 SwordsWest

Hey.

I boxed for a couple of years but stopped because of college and work. Have tried muay Thai, karate and bjj but never had the time. Looking to get into a martial art but my work hours are all over the place. I hardly finish before 8.30 pm and work Monday to Friday. Does anyone know any clubs with really flexible hours to train? Meant to say that I'm living in Waterford. I meant to say I've looked everywhere online but I'm in work for any of the times training's on. I'm at a loss for what to do.

Hi Len,

You can check out Goats Head Historical Fencing--they are located in Wexford, so not very far from you. I believe they run weekend training sessions.
    You can find them on Facebook.

Best of Luck in your training!

Hello All,

HEMA Club in Cork teaching swordfighting / medieval combat combat systems:

Flyer-new-2x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27 WalsheyBeast

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Looking for BJJ classes at 7am on northside of dublin if anybody knows anywhere?

You've bags of chioce, what part of the northside would you prefer?.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dubdamo

Royal Grappling Academy in Blanch have nogi at 6.30am Monday and Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I am in blanch with work and live in Santry so anywhere around those areas

In that case I'd highly recommend Team Ryano in Finglas (Jamestown Road).

• Advertisement

Advertisement