Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Intake 9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Congrats to you all, see you on the inside !

Few words of advice. Start learning the content from the online learning now if you can. Will leave it a lot easier for you post induction. :)

Trust me !

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

AAPD123 wrote: »
    Surely everyone knew it was dropped to £19k?

Campaign one hasn't been,unless it has and no one has been told.

The 19k is due to come into effect from April onwards as far as im aware

Few words of advice. Start learning the content from the online learning now if you can. Will leave it a lot easier for you post induction. :)

Trust me !

Wish I had made more notes on the pre-learning now! Finishing up work a week before start date so will dedicate that entire time to it along with an hour or two every night after induction...hoping that's enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

Can someone please tell me whenever they receive the information in the post so I can keep on top of it? My medical letter never showed up so I am a bit nervous that the important stuff won't!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gvillehopeful

Trust me !

Congrats everyone and listen to desertcreat get stuck in asap saves alot of stress! See yas in the corridors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Ah hadn't realised staying on was possible,unfortunately it would be a last resort for me for reasons I can't really go into on here.

I'll be looking at possible short term rental but kind of hoping there's someone else in the same boat to share the cost!

I wouldn't panic. You will have plenty of time to get something sorted during the residential weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Brilliant, 62's are getting the call and my vetting still isn't cleared. Proper depressed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 monty2507

I'm sitting on a 62 with everything passed so fingers crossed..is there a certain time period in the day when u could get a call and also how many usually go in as a group??

P's also is it alphabetical order (surnames)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

monty2507 wrote: »
    I'm sitting on a 62 with everything passed so fingers crossed..is there a certain time period in the day when u could get a call and also how many usually go in as a group??

P's also is it alphabetical order (surnames)

People who got the call yesterday post first thing (around 9 am), so it could be anytime. Also it doesn't seem to be alphabetical as someone post their name is near the end. Finally another person post that they phoned HR and we're told it's a full squad so approximately 40.

Anyone got the call yet..??..If u miss a call do they leave a voice mail? ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

monty2507 wrote: »
    Anyone got the call yet..??..If u miss a call do they leave a voice mail? ?

They do yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 robocop12

Had a missed call from an unknown number and no voicemails left? Do they defiantly leave a voicemail??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Make sure you're voicemail is actually activated. I checked a week or two before last calls and mine wasnt!

Anyone get any more calls today??..If not you think that would be it done and dusted??..or maybe another group intake after??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Coolerking86

Hey there. First time Poster long time lurker here! I got the call yesterday so will be seeing you guys and gals soon! I asked about the Salary and they confirmed it 23k. "Back of the Net!!!"

How's everyone feeling fitness wise? I went out for my first run since before Christmas last night and it nearly killed me! Gota step it up!

Hey there. First time Poster long time lurker here! I got the call yesterday so will be seeing you guys and gals soon! I asked about the Salary and they confirmed it 23k. "Back of the Net!!!"

How's everyone feeling fitness wise? I went out for my first run since before Christmas last night and it nearly killed me! Gota step it up!

Congrats. Have been struggling with getting into fitness since Christmas holidays. Look forward to getting to the induction now and finding out about onlinr learning etc. A few have warned me about getting stuck in ASAP.

I was in the gym 5 times a week for 6 months straight in the lead up to Christmas,then spent 3 weeks drinking...first session back last week and you'd have sworn I'd never done a day of exercise!

I was in the gym 5 times a week for 6 months straight in the lead up to Christmas,then spent 3 weeks drinking...first session back last week and you'd have sworn I'd never done a day of exercise!

Haha I feel the same! Planning a 30 mile cycle tomorrow to get the juices flowing! Does anyone know how much PT we will be doing on a daily basis at Garnerville? Hope we do some long runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Dr_watson wrote: »
    Congrats. Have been struggling with getting into fitness since Christmas holidays. Look forward to getting to the induction now and finding out about onlinr learning etc. A few have warned me about getting stuck in ASAP.

Sound advice that

Haha I feel the same! Planning a 30 mile cycle tomorrow to get the juices flowing! Does anyone know how much PT we will be doing on a daily basis at Garnerville? Hope we do some long runs.

Would be interested to know as well,actually hoping we do a significant amount as it would be nice to be properly fit again.

Definitely going to regret saying that at some point though!

• Advertisement

Would be interested to know as well,actually hoping we do a significant amount as it would be nice to be properly fit again.

Definitely going to regret saying that at some point though!

I agree, currently gym 5-6 times a week but it would be nice to have it as part of my daily work schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Don't think there are many actual pe sessions, but what you do have are intense

You get an exercise programme to work to in ur own time

A lot of the emphasis is on you throughout the 22 weeks I believe

Can't wait

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

Congratulations on getting in!

I'm currently remain in limbo having passed everything and heard nothing.
    If you don't mind sharing would you mind me asking what you got in the AC and IST?
    It would help me get an idea of where i'm at if there were to be another intake, whatever the size.

Best of luck in GV!

Congratulations on getting in!

I'm currently remain in limbo having passed everything and heard nothing.
    If you don't mind sharing would you mind me asking what you got in the AC and IST?
    It would help me get an idea of where i'm at if there were to be another intake, whatever the size.

Best of luck in GV!

IST 52 (skin of my teeth!)
    AC 63

Owenrs wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me whenever they receive the information in the post so I can keep on top of it? My medical letter never showed up so I am a bit nervous that the important stuff won't!

Mine arrived today

Anyone with a 62 what was ur actual score jus to make myself aware of how close or how far I wlda been??..ie was it 62.32 or 62.48 or 62.25??

Dr_watson wrote: »
    Mine arrived today

Cheers so did mine thankfully but I appreciate you telling me!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Sooo.. my stuff didn't arrive yesterday, but I am trying to plan for this induction. Is it both Saturday and Sunday that we are in for it and do they advise of times? I'm assuming its not an overnight thing? Is there info on whats involved and is there anything we must do in advance?

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    Sooo.. my stuff didn't arrive yesterday, but I am trying to plan for this induction. Is it both Saturday and Sunday that we are in for it and do they advise of times? I'm assuming its not an overnight thing? Is there info on whats involved and is there anything we must do in advance?

There are forms included that you need to send off and also bring so if you don't get it today I'd contact them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

CDizzle wrote: »
    Brilliant, 62's are getting the call and my vetting still isn't cleared. Proper depressed now.

Lmao try sitting on 71 and seeing 68's and lower going through :P patience, your time will come

Advertisement