Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Style Ambitions For 2015

Options
  • 12-01-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

New year and I'm sure a million NY resolutions. I know people are always looking to update their style, at least some will say they are in January. What have people got in mind and what would you like to achieve in 2105? Anything you feel holding you back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Me personally, going to try get a little more mature, nearing the 29 mark and feel I need a bit of a change :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I hope monocles and top hats make a come back this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TwoGuysDublin

astonaidan wrote: »
    Me personally, going to try get a little more mature, nearing the 29 mark and feel I need a bit of a change :o

Interesting. Was only talking to a friend about this and the age we thought where men think "time to dress more like a man". 30 seemed to be the average age from the lads I spoke to. So in and around there makes sense.

Will it be a big departure from where you're at at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

smash wrote: »

and pocket watches

smash wrote: »

Uh oh. I still thought they were in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Got a nice paddy cap for Christmas. I don't live in Ireland so I could wear it here and it could be considered trendy but I couldn't help but feel like a hipster. Paddy caps are for farmers so unless I was knee deep in cow **** or piking silage I'd feel a fraud. Rocking the scarf I got though. Don't think I'll ever go back to no scarves.

fizzypish wrote: »
    Got a nice paddy cap for Christmas. I don't live in Ireland so I could wear it here and it could be considered trendy but I couldn't help but feel like a hipster. Paddy caps are for farmers so unless I was knee deep in cow **** or piking silage I'd feel a fraud. Rocking the scarf I got though. Don't think I'll ever go back to no scarves.

Was only in Powerscourt the other day at Kennedy & McSharry looking at Paddy caps. Not something that suits me personally but something my non silage-piking father always wore. Was going to pick him one up. I say rock it. Once it's not blue, on backwards, has a kangaroo on it and you're not sitting on a chair backwards you'll be grand!

The scarf is a must though. The right one can be the perfect addition to an outfit without looking too much like a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Interesting. Was only talking to a friend about this and the age we thought where men think "time to dress more like a man". 30 seemed to be the average age from the lads I spoke to. So in and around there makes sense.

Will it be a big departure from where you're at at the moment?

Probably not really, but going to focus more on sweaters than hoodies, which Ive been doing for last while, plan on getting a few nice coats. Pretty much, I have a surfer sort of style which Ive been edging away from towards trendy city style

astonaidan wrote: »
    Probably not really, but going to focus more on sweaters than hoodies, which Ive been doing for last while, plan on getting a few nice coats. Pretty much, I have a surfer sort of style which Ive been edging away from towards trendy city style

Sweet. A good place for sweaters/jumpers, depending on your taste is Uniqlo. The do lovely Extra Fine Merino Wool jumpers for less than 30 quid and they are excellent quality. They are plain with no logos which is what I prefer.
    I have them in a few colours and they look well with a shirt and especially with a shirt and tie under them if you're looking for something nice without having to wear a blazer or suit.

Advertisement