Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying in on a Saturday night

Options
  • 10-01-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

Is there anything more depressing? I rarely stay in on a Saturday but this week I am. There's sweet fúck all on telly of any discernible quality apart from cheap entertainment shows and kids films on RTE 1.

Why are you at home tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

It's not depressing at all! I like Saturday nights in sometimes, make a nice steak for dinner and watch a film.

We have a baby, that's why we're in though really.We've had a guest staying for the last month and he left this afternoon so we have our TV back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I'm de-christmassing the house.

I should just burn it down and start again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Get a good movie to watch OP.
    Or better still, have a an auld chat beside the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I was meant to go out but I have a banging sinus pain so i came home from work and scrubbed my house and scrubbed myself and now I'm all cuddled up in front of the fire with a glass of wine and I'm vury vury happy.

And also cos I'm old and it's cold out and fcuk going out when it's snowing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I'm de-christmassing the house.

I should just burn it down and start again!

Sounds reasonable

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

4chan and boards

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I was meant to go out but I have a banging sinus pain so i came home from work and scrubbed my house and scrubbed myself and now I'm all cuddled up in front of the fire with a glass of wine and I'm vury vury happy.

Where is it snowing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Kids have vomiting bug. Can't really leave them with a sitter ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Off work sick for the day. Probably play computer games all night to recover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I'm not long home from the pub so my Saturday night is gonna be me, the couch and the tv. Perfect :)

• Advertisement

Where is it snowing ?

Outside my house!

Outside my house!

:-) better than inside

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Snowing? SNOWING?!?
    SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

It's saturday? :eek:

Off out i go so :pac:

Well...it snowed a bit earlier

The blinds are down and I am in my hole getting up to see if it's still snowing out there now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

In this weather? Lovely warm house, big mug of tea, play some games. Fun times. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can't afford to go out and no one to go out with. Found €5 down the back to the couch so down to the offie for a few beers, stick on the PS4 and sit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Am sick.

Gonna have a bath now. Sweat it out of me.

Can't afford to go out and no one to go out with. Found €5 down the back to the couch so down to the offie for a few beers, stick on the PS4 and sit in.

Like 2 beers?

Like 2 beers?

4 of Poland's finest you'd get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Like 2 beers?

Better than none. Times are hard. My local put the price of a pint up to €5.20 last week ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I always stay in on Saturday night. It's amatuer night out there. Sunday night is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Seems some nomads have popped into the local, or else every tradesman in the county is having a pint there judging by the car park, staying home seems the right choice right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I was at a wedding on a Saturday night in April 2003. Haven't been out on one since. Worst night of the week, all the lightweights that don't go out any other night are out, swanning about like they own the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

I was out last night so can't even look at a drink tonight!........

.......so I'm closing my eyes each time I pick up the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Gremlins 9pm Sky One.
    Night sorted.
    You wouldn't have gotten the ride if you went out anyway.

OH is over at a friends party, I get to drink beer and watch football all night with no moaning

Better than none. Times are hard. My local put the price of a pint up to €5.20 last week ffs.

I couldnt do it. 4 would be my minimum sitting at home. Plus the offo down from my mothers house runs a book if you get caught without money :)

still owe them form 3 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Having to start a thread to convince us all how cool you are and how you'd normally be out on a Saturday night is probably more depressing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

thelad95 wrote: »
    Is there anything more depressing? I rarely stay in on a Saturday but this week I am. There's sweet fúck all on telly of any discernible quality apart from cheap entertainment shows and kids films on RTE 1.

Why are you at home tonight?

I'm 33 and in a relationship. Going out on a Saturday seems like a noisy waste of money, especially since I've already pulled.

Plus I'm saving for Thailand next month!

Advertisement