Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Buckets in Shops Enquiry

Options
  • 08-01-2015 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if it was possible to get a charity bucket at the tills in certain stores such as Centra, Spar, Supervalu etc to fundraise. Would they allow me to do this and if so how do you go about getting permission from whoever to place your bucket at their till.

Also if you know any other stores that will allow this type of fundraising, please share

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

bump

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Being a regisitered charity and gaining permission from the owner of the premises, Permit is only required for public collections e.g on the street etc is my understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Garda Permits are required for all collections in public areas.Garda permits are necessary for all types of fundraising including non-cash collections.

“Public place,” as defined in the Collections Act, 1962 , means any place to which the public have access whether as
    of right or by permission and whether subject to or free of charge but does not include a Church or
    building used for public worship or the grounds of a Church or of such building.

Advertisement