Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

The best

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

sick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

New stick just came in. Did not take long for delivery. Really like the are on the box :)
    http://imgur.com/SoBKogG,DBzpWpU#0
    http://imgur.com/SoBKogG,DBzpWpU#1
    lovely stick... will that work with ps4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

bush wrote: »

Temporarily out of stock unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

back in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OXURBQY/ref=pe_1263281_59726401_em_1p_0_ti

These are back

Lads wanna try grab these asap

€104 is ******* insane for a stick

Also razer stick is quite cheap atm at ~130

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

How does the Hori stick above compare to the TE for the previous gens? I had a first gen TE as my first ever stick and it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How does the Hori stick above compare to the TE for the previous gens? I had a first gen TE as my first ever stick and it was great.
    Parts are Hori's new design, better than Sanwa IMHO.
    Layout is 99% similar to MadCatz but there is ~2 inches less wrist rest space on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

May well pick one up for V and also the IV release on PS4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Parts are Hori's new design, better than Sanwa IMHO.
    Layout is 99% similar to MadCatz but there is ~2 inches less wrist rest space on the panel.

Do you know how good they are for maintenance? Like, say you want to sanwatise the stick?

Im waiting for mine to come, im kinda worried about how little hand space there is. I might end up sending it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Between stick and buttons or from buttons to edge?

I've been using that layout for a few years now and the shorter space between stick and buttons is fine.

Do you know how good they are for maintenance? Like, say you want to sanwatise the stick?

Same as all Hori pro sticks - proper disconnects on everything.

P.S. tell me if you don't like the Hayabusa joystick, I'll take 'em.

Just ordered one using some gift tokens I got. Out of stock, but I don't mind waiting a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

my hori v4 was deemed "undeliverable" on 21st dec when it was meant to get here on the 20th and amazon have not restocked yet :(:(:(

if it doesnt restock soon might try import from japan, april's not to far off

my hori v4 was deemed "undeliverable" on 21st dec when it was meant to get here on the 20th and amazon have not restocked yet :(:(:(

if it doesnt restock soon might try import from japan, april's not to far off

? Mine's sitting under my desk in work and I ordered it after you...

? Mine's sitting under my desk in work and I ordered it after you...

maybe you got the one i ordered that got sent back lol, they canceled my order and refunded it rather than putting me in the next inline.
    guess ill just keep checking the site/email for when can can re-order

On that note, I just got my hands on my PSPhori, as I'm now calling it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zeusko

Hi all,

I am new to fight stick, altough i played a hell lot on arcade ( was among the best in my town in SF2, but that was looong time ago ;) )

Would like to return to SF, so I am wondering which fight stick to buy, anyone know what kind of fight stick to buy for beginner?

I mainly play on PC so i dont mind if it is xbox or ps.

Was lookin as well on Hori RAP v4 as 100pounds is probably max i would give into it.

Thanks for all advices. ;)

• Advertisement

zeusko wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am new to fight stick, altough i played a hell lot on arcade ( was among the best in my town in SF2, but that was looong time ago ;) )

Would like to return to SF, so I am wondering which fight stick to buy, anyone know what kind of fight stick to buy for beginner?

I mainly play on PC so i dont mind if it is xbox or ps.

Was lookin as well on Hori RAP v4 as 100pounds is probably max i would give into it.

Thanks for all advices. ;)

The RAP works fine as far as I know and it's a dacent quality stick for that price.

You don't HAVE to use a stick but if you're an arcade rat like me I would recommend it, you'll instantly be better than on a pad.

Thanks,

yep i was raised on arcades as well, so arcade rat is really good expression for that :D

And thats what I am hoping for because with xbox controller i got atm, its horrible to do any charge ultras or similar :(

And after that it will be probably lots of loosing and training :D

Btw I was also looking on Razor Atrox and Hori RAP VX SA "kai" but they are 40pounds more and I didnt find if they are better as they r using Sanwa parts which is similar to Hyabutsa from v4. Anyone who actually used both? Or maybe any other alternatives around 100pounds or less? Since v4 is still out of stock.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Qanba Q4 from gremlinsuloutions.co.uk is one of the best sticks out of the box you can get.

Thanks, Q4 i was looking on as well, but its a 25pounds more and not compatible with ps4, which i wanna buy in future, also i heard there was problem with usb recognizing on some Q4 models, so i am not sure, but it uses sanwa parts and seems solid from reviews, thanks for the address, i was looking there and this one seems for me:
    QanBa-Q4RAF-Arcade-Fighting-Stick-For-Xbox360-PS3-PC

Might give it a try if v4 wouldnt be available in next few weeks.

Also guys I read a lot on octagonal and square stick, which do you prefer? I really liked bison in sf2 and i am used to old arcades so square right?

zeusko wrote: »
    Thanks, Q4 i was looking on as well, but its a 25pounds more and not compatible with ps4, which i wanna buy in future, also i heard there was problem with usb recognizing on some Q4 models, so i am not sure, but it uses sanwa parts and seems solid from reviews, thanks for the address, i was looking there and this one seems for me:
    QanBa-Q4RAF-Arcade-Fighting-Stick-For-Xbox360-PS3-PC

Might give it a try if v4 wouldnt be available in next few weeks.

Also guys I read a lot on octagonal and square stick, which do you prefer? I really liked bison in sf2 and i am used to old arcades so square right?

On the matter of gates, I'll refer once again to this post I made years ago:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74171719&postcount=431

Just pick the stick you like the sound of tbh. The hori and the Qanbas are all good. My Qanba certainly does work with my PC but I've had sticks that don't before so I don't want to promise it.

On the matter of gates, I'll refer once again to this post I made years ago:

Just pick the stick you like the sound of tbh. The hori and the Qanbas are all good. My Qanba certainly does work with my PC but I've had sticks that don't before so I don't want to promise it.

thanks a lot for all advices ;) i will certainly use square and try to wait for hori v4 few weeks, if not i am going for qanba q4

also question for anyone who owns q4 or v4, how loud it is or which one is louder? since i am planning to play it at night and dont want to distrupt my wife too much ;)

Unless the stick/buttons are "silent" it'll be loud.

Invest in a new door tbh ;)

so the hori v4 went from temp out of stock to unavailable on amazon today so guess i wont be getting one of those anytime soon :(

if any boardsie who got one doesnt like theres and wants to make a profit on it let me know lol (tumbleweed blows by)

did see this on my googling today though which could be a good option instead of a near e300-400 japan import

http://www.amazon.de/Playstation-Arcade-Stick-Kabelgebunden-Lizenziert/dp/B00NHDSINS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1420758888&sr=8-7&keywords=venom+ps4

company who makes it told me on twitter it uses japanese parts (didnt mention a brand though) so could be easy to sanwa/JLF up hopefully

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

did see this on my googling today though which could be a good option instead of a near e300-400 japan import

http://www.amazon.de/Playstation-Arcade-Stick-Kabelgebunden-Lizenziert/dp/B00NHDSINS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1420758888&sr=8-7&keywords=venom+ps4

company who makes it told me on twitter it uses japanese parts (didnt mention a brand though) so could be easy to sanwa/JLF up hopefully

Interesting find.

• Advertisement

These sticks seem to be getting rare I shouldn't have sent mine back and sold it for a massive profit :pac:

Advertisement