Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert geography

Options
  • 17-12-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

does anyone know what to say for ''how does plate tectonics help us to understand the process of folding'' its a 30m question. please and thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

you'd prob have ti explain colliding and all that jazz? been nearly 10 years since i did LC geography. i think this question would give you ample opportunity to explain the nature of plate tectonics, and the different plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Step23

essy osi wrote: »
    does anyone know what to say for ''how does plate tectonics help us to understand the process of folding'' its a 30m question. please and thanks

Perhaps start off and explain what folding is, this will show you know what the question is asking of you (you can say that folding takes place below the brittle - ductile transitional zone, don't know if thats going into too detailed, I studied geology!). Then go onto explain the 3 different types of plate boundaries, list them and explain what's going on at each one(divergent, convergent and transform boundaries), important to say that converging plate boundaries leads to mountain building events (even better if you can give an example and list some actual plates that are colliding!). Some quick sketches can help illustrate the points you make.

Hope this is of some help!

Advertisement