Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny

Options
  • 26-04-2003 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

What are some not too expensive hotels in Kilkenny for staying in for a months time? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well there's a couple of hostels you could stay in for feck all. They'll be full of foreign tourists at this time of year though.

The newpark hotel is nice, don't know anything about the prices though. The Ormond hotel is very nice and located in the centre of town. I hear it is expensive.

You say a month's time? I'd book ASAP if I was you, because the Cat Laughs festival starts then (is that why you're coming here? :)). All the hotels and B+B's are usually booked solid for the Cat Laughs, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Ender-

Wouldnt mind a hostel but want a room of our own since im going with a friend etc, and nope didnt even know about the festival, will look into newpark hotel though thx for info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's a few other hotels too - Hotel Kilkenny is on the edge of town. The Springhill Hotel is a little further afield, on the Waterford side of kilkenny (ring road). There's also the River Court Hotel, right in the centre of town - beside John's Bridge. The Hibernian Hotel is next door to the Ormonde mentioned above. Then there's a load of B&B's around town. There's a good few of them near the Newpark Hotel also. Your local tourist information office would probably be able to put you in touch with a few.

You might want to see a few of the acts during the comedy festival while you're here, its usually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dogdig

Do you know of any good reasonably cheap B&B with parking in vicinity of Pearse Street please? I'm spending 5 days from 18 June enjoying sights and looking up any family that might be around. Lost family contact over 20 years ago (Couse, Drennan) - tried internet searches - no luck! One lad was with the Black Aces(or Abbotts) showband - I have a dreadful memory.
    If there is an online map and/or telephone directory any links/pointers would be helpful.
    I think the Cat Laughs finishes 2 June. I havent picked up any other events clashing with my dates from the tourist board sites - but you may know something different. I'll give research another go!:rolleyes:

......or if Pearse Street area is a bit rough, B&B somewhere a little more salubrious...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

The metropole if you are short on moneh!

Thanks - I was in there Saturday night for a bite to eat - didnt know of the Met before I had booked in out at Warrington - found all sorts of long lost family - Drennan, Dewberry, Doyle -some in the Met - had a wonderful time - and I'll be back!!:cool:
    You guessed right - I aint got much money - and it's even less now I'm back after my visit! Worth every penny though!!:D

Advertisement