Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Kyle

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

SPM1959 wrote: »
    I think Jerry is more honest that it is for entertainment purposes only. Kyle pretends that he is trying to help the people on the show.

I think they're both twats, tbh.

Gerry is a sleazebag twat, and Jeremy is a self-righteous, pompous twat, imo.

Hard to say which of them are the most sickening, but I think Gerry just edges it for his obvious enjoyment of other peoples misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

syklops wrote: »
    Yep. Some great clips on there. "Can you even spell Father?" is a particular favourite of mine.

Hahaha.

It is awful to say this, but I think some of the guests are lacking so little intelligence they don't realise he is mocking them. I think many of them love the attention. It makes them famous in their estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Steve_Carella

One of the worst shows on the telly. It was actually quite good for the first short while when it started, it seemed like a genuine attempt to reach out and talk people through problematic situations that they were in that others could identify with.

But then they seemed to decide that the way forward was the lowest common denominator. The lowest of the low, people at the absolute bottom of the barrel who will come on and rant endlessly about being in horrendous situations that I couldn't dream up if I tried, all hosted by this smarmy git with a smug superior attitude who is only interested in dragging his guests' lives through the gutter for the cheapest form of entertainment you could imagine.

I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Tis car crash stuff really

Lots complain about this low brow entertainment but almost everyone will watch it at some stage or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Can't find it on Youtube, but the story goes...

A hilarious Jamaican man named 'Spurgeon' (his actual name) was doing the lie detector for cheating on his wife. He passed the first question asking if he had kissed/had sexual contact with anyone apart from the one woman his wife knew about. Cue him celebrating wildly, very vocal and thrilled to bits. Second question: Have you had sexual intercourse with anybody else?

"Spurgeon refused to answer the question and later admitted to having sex with five different women."

Cue Spurgeon's face just dropping. He must have forgotten about the other questions, poor lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You always notice the huge visual difference between the audience and the people on the stage. The crowd look like respectable human beings whereas the guests look like your typical scumbag. No shame from them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

You always notice the huge visual difference between the audience and the people on the stage. The crowd look like respectable human beings whereas the guests look like your typical scumbag. No shame from them at all.

In the front row of one show I watched I spotted 5 or 6 ladies of Asian persuasion all wearing their headscarves.They were riveted by the puerile carry on of the infidels who live amongst them. Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    In the front row of one show I watched I spotted 5 or 6 ladies of Asian persuasion all wearing their headscarves.They were riveted by the puerile carry on of the infidels who live amongst them. Great stuff.

Asia is a big place. Do you mean from the middle east or muslim?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If only Jeremy knew how good the scroungers have it over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

The man should be a guest on his own show. Kyle had a huge gambling problem, stole from his wife and repeatedly cheated on her. I would never judge another person normally but by god he has some neck! The only difference between him and his guests is his middle class appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

I think the guests go on the show because they almost become a local celebrity in their area.

It seems like a lot of them are alcoholics, drug addicts or cheaters with mental health problems.

Jeremy kyle abuses this situation for his "show" and plays the good guy trying to help when really he is just exploiting them.

He doesn't really care about them. Sure you wouldn't have a show like that if you genuinely cared. Imagine the embarrassment the guests children go through, the fact the guest is going to have a hard time getting a job after going on the show etc.

anybody who benefits from "helping" someones misfortunes publicly ie with viewer ratings, fame etc is not a genuine nice person them self.

If jeremy kyle knows better and knows how to help these people then he would not be in the business of exploiting them.

Asia is a big place. Do you mean from the middle east or muslim?

Well let me see.......based on the few seconds they were on screen, it would be hard for me to pinpoint their origin to any more than 100 miles square....but I would hazard a guess at saying they were all British born Asians. I don't believe they have a problem with that description. You do though. What problem do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

They don't have any self respect and most are ESN.

Well let me see.......based on the few seconds they were on screen, it would be hard for me to pinpoint their origin to any more than 100 miles square....but I would hazard a guess at saying they were all British born Asians. I don't believe they have a problem with that description. You do though. What problem do you have?

You said "Asian persuasion" but also mentioned "headscarves" and "infidels" so I was trying to clarify whether Asian really meant muslim women from the middle east or somewhere else in Asia which is Earth's largest and most populous continent (4 billion people+) stretching from Istanbul to Moscow to Vladivostok to Tokyo to Kuala Lumpur to Singapore to Bangalore to Riyadh.

You said "Asian persuasion" but also mentioned "headscarves" and "infidels" so I was trying to clarify whether Asian really meant muslim women from the middle east or somewhere else in Asia which is Earth's largest and most populous continent (4 billion people+) stretching from Istanbul to Moscow to Vladivostok to Tokyo to Kuala Lumpur to Singapore to Bangalore to Riyadh.

Why do you want to know?

Why do you want to know?

I think I know already but I hope you learned something about "Asian persuasion". Happy New Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

This bickering is so sad and the last thing I expected on a Jeremy Kyle thread.

I think I know already but I hope you learned something about "Asian persuasion". Happy New Year!

I have no idea what your talking about and funnily enough I don't think you do yourself so Many Happy Returns and try to lay off the sauce a bit for 2015!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What's ESN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

What's Asian Persuasion ?

Some kind of pop group or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

My mother used to work in a care home in the UK as a social worker and said that they were always plagued by the production company to try and find possible guests. It was always made out to be glamorous as fcuk, free train down, free hotel, free food and £100 at the end of it. Sounds to me like they target the most vulnerable people and throw a bogus script at them. Pretty sad in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

catallus wrote: »
    What's ESN?

Educationally subnormal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

You do know that in the UK, Asian is socially acceptably and typically used to refer to people from the Indian sub-continent and not the Asian continent as a whole.
    But I guess you want to imply some sort of racism in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Was held captive to watch it one morning in an hospital while waiting to be admitted for surgery. Most depressing viewing ever. Made the prospect of the upcoming anaestethic seem almost attractive.
    Seriously though it looks like exploitation of vulnerable people by the producers of this TV programme. Not nice.

100 pounds only ?

100 pounds only ?

100 pounds and the once in a lifetime opportunity to publicly exact your revenge on that person/persons wot done you wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

McDermotX wrote: »
    What's Asian Persuasion ?

Some kind of pop group or something ?

There SHOULD be a pop group called Asian persuasion, if not already!! :pac:

Advertisement