Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales

Options
  • 24-12-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭

Paddy Power starting their Sale on Stephens Day according to screen
    in the shop today (no further details).
    Boyles & Ladbrokes nothing advertised yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They had Taylor at 3/1 for the darts Outright up today, max 100 stake.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Real Madrid to win Champions League today from 11/4 to 7/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Some of those "Boyle over's " in Boyles can be decent.

Not sure what PP will be like with these sales specials but from what l've seen in the past few months Boyles have taken over as the bookie with best specials
    on a daily bases.

That Taylor 3/1 looks a decent special tho.

Some of them are okay but the max stake is only €50 and a good few of them are only enhanced to what the rest of the market is.
    It's always worth checking what the rest of the market is elsewhere.
    In fairness to them though, they are trying.
    bookie with best specials on a daily bases.

I must be missing something as I have down as the worst of the 3 large bookies!
    Ladbrokes have improved in the last few months and it's not just on a Saturday, it's every day both racing and Sports, a good 2nd.
    PP would be the best for racing specials and the odd Sports Special.

As has been said before, Boyles 1st goalscorer prices could do with a good push to match the rest of the market.
    Their W/D/W prices have improved all right but their racing specials are non existant?
    As far as I can see currently, they only do an extra racing place on an odd Saturday.
    Daily they do Money Back 2nd at a Virtual meeting (€25 cash), enhance their early priced horses which is now for €50 only reduced from €500 stake and Money Back 2nd to the Racing Post tip at a couple of dog meeting every day (Free Bet).

Ladbrokes do 2 tic SP enhance at 2 meetings every day to 10/1 winners and over (€25), Money back 2nd to a named horse 1 race a day (€25), extra place one race a day and enhance their early prices during the day.

PP enhance the RP Favs at a meeting (€1,000), Money Back Any Fallers at another meeting (€50 Free Bet), SP Bonus 1 dog or horse race meeting (€25), Money Back if 2nd at their own virtual meeting (€50 Cash) and occasionally money back if 2nd in a horse race (€50 Cash).

Great post whitesorts very informative.

I mainly don't get into bookies until early evening and mainly look for a sports specials over racing or dogs specials and based my opinion on that .

Thinking about it again l agree overall PP are best overall if including everything their double SP is a great special.
    The RP Fav enhanced is good aswell.

Their Powerplays have gone down hill tho if you work out real odds from them never mind a rival they are barely beating real odds and sometimes don't.
    It's very rare I see a Powerplay that looks good.

I wouldn't agree on ladbrokes being second tho when ever I seem to see their " lock ins " they nearly always seem to be as big elsewhere or nearly always drift whether they win or not also alot of them seem to be dogs lately
    from what l've seen and l've never seen a dog lock in win yet.
    They dont do a virtual money back neither.

The Boyleovers can be rubbish sometimes and anyone backing them all blind would be mad but alot are over betfairs prices from l can see.
    They had Arsenal -2 was 17/10 enhanced to 11/4 the other day.
    I think that was around 2/1 on betfair.
    They also give cash back when second on a virtual meeting not free bet
    and do it on steeple or portman park which every bookie has not just the paddy park which PP control.

Boyles also do a boyleboost bet which goes under the radar.
    The saturday boyleboost can be very good value with lots of them coming up.
    Alot of the boyles specials do be online rather than just in shop like PP.

I'd love to hear Okidoki's opinion as he seems to take an interest as well
    into enhanced specials.

• Advertisement

I'd agree with the point about Ladbrokes Dog enhances, none of them that I've backed win!

A couple of Boyleboosts over the last few Saturdays have been very good :D.

PP Double the Odds is very attractive but there are a lot of races where the price doesn't happen though.

I don't think any bookie would have control over virtual results?

I've changed the previous post as Boyles Virtual Special is Money Back as Cash.

I wouldn't of thought so either about virtual but a poster off a different forum PM'ed me a few years ago about steppledowns with info on what would win certain races,he didn't say the name of horse but said 3rd from the left or 5th from the left as they lined up will win and he was right 3 out of 3.

I'd imagine Paddypark and the like's are regualated but dont know
    exactly how they are.

On a different note I've been in Bambury's recently and their specials are mind boggling at times.

ie: a few fridays ago they picked out a race at southwell were if you backed a straight forcast they gave you a free bet on the reverse part.

l was thinking wtf how can they do that and win.

they seem to copy the PP double SP stuff and money back on fallers aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Someone mentioned to me that BarOne do good specials.

Just had a look.

Offering Liverpool & Fulham double @ 11/4

Put selections into PP and the return there is slightly higher.

Special my arse!

The greatest Special of all currently running and nobody has mentioned it yet.

Ladbrokes guarantee (Singles and Multiples) Horse Racing prices between 12pm-1pm.
    Absolute no brainer.

l was thinking wtf how can they do that and win.
    I'd assume if they don't finish 1st and 2nd in either order.

Offering Liverpool & Fulham double @ 11/4
    Put selections into PP and the return there is slightly higher.

Unless they say it's industry best price or top price etc, always check all prices.
    Wouldn't be the 1st time a bookie enhanced one or two industry worst price(s)
    to a bigger price, it makes it look really good enhance when all they are doing is bringing it up to the rest.

Racing Specials today were as follows.

Boyle Virtual MB, Dogs MB 2nd to RP tip & MB 2nd 2 races.
    Wasn't in for long but assume they did some EP enhances.

PP Virtual MB, MB Dogs if 2nd, 2/1 to 4/1 SP Dogs, Newbury enhanced, Fallers at Leopardstown.

Ladbrokes 10/1+ at 2 meetings, extra place at Leop, MB 2nd to Don Poli.

Based on racing today, I'd rate them PP. Lads & Boyles in that order.

Only saw 1 sale in PP Faugheen to win Cheltenham CH at 7/4 (6/4 on Betfair).

I'd imagine Paddypark and the like's are regualated but dont know
    exactly how they are

I doubt if any major bookmaking chain would put their reputation under any cloud.
    All bookies use "general" virtuals like Portman Park and their own ones (Ladbrokes Lucksin Downs, PP Paddy Park etc) so would assume if any of it was dodgy, people would find out very quickly.
    I've often wondered why bookmakers haven't been taken to the cleaners already seeing as they are betting on an event where the result is already known?
    Bambury's seem to copy the PP double SP stuff and money back on fallers aswell

As a lot of independents do, assume they would lose business if they didn't offer the same.

Bambury's recently and their specials are mind boggling at times.

Bruce Betting another one that offers some great offers.
    They did Money Back All Losers 9 races every weekend in December.
    Today they did Fallers at Leop, 2/1 SP to 4/1 at Swindon, MB 2nd 1 race at Limerick.
    If only they had a shop in Dublin!

okidoki987 wrote: »

I'd assume if they don't finish 1st and 2nd in either order.

Well that's pretty obvious but those sort of specials are out of the Ivan Yates school of bookmaking imo.

Another one I have seen which is very good cash back if your greyhound is second between 4.00pm-6.00pm or 6.30 in Tully's

• Advertisement

I wonder how many of bets on horses are forecasts, I'd guess very few?
    It may be a way to encourage people to place forecasts instead of singles where there would be more margin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The greatest Special of all currently running and nobody has mentioned it yet.

Ladbrokes guarantee (Singles and Multiples) Horse Racing prices between 12pm-1pm.
    Absolute no brainer.

afaik all of them do that online all the time anyway.

afaik all of them do that online all the time anyway

True but the fact it's in the shops would be a major attraction especially to any restricted online punters and it's easy enough to get multiple bets on if something "is fancied".

Update:
    Ladbrokes are doing Money Back if 2nd selected races after 1pm every day as a Free Bet to max €25.
    That's on top of their usual daily offers.

Paddy Power doing Money Back All Losers selected races as a Free Bet to Max €25.
    That's on top of their usual offers.

Boyles are doing no sales or nothing new on top of their usual offers and they have also changed their Money Back if 2nd in a Channel 4 race offer on Mobile only from a CASH offer to a Free Bet offer to max €25!

Is it my imagination or are the days of the CASH Back offer dying a death?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Bruce Betting another one that offers some great offers.
    They did Money Back All Losers 9 races every weekend in December.
    Today they did Fallers at Leop, 2/1 SP to 4/1 at Swindon, MB 2nd 1 race at Limerick.
    If only they had a shop in Dublin!

I think they have a shop in Bray - not Dublin but not too far away.

I rang Customer Service and asked had they any shops in Dublin?
    Guy replied "Yes, we one in Bray and 1 in Maynooth!"
    Dublin has expanded since I last looked at a map :rolleyes:.

Yeah, not far but not enough there to go down though.
    Strange they don't have any "Dublin" shops?

Advertisement