Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going bald under 30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm in the same boat. 26 years old and I can already see the MPB coming in (receeding hairline, thin patches on top).

So far, I just keep my hair pretty short so it's not as noticeable. Once that stops working, I'll just shave it all off. Personally, I'm not interested in any treatment for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Shave it all off ta feck. Nothing cooler than a bald lad who is not bothered by the lack of hair. Nothing worse than someone fighting a public loosing battle with nature. Embrace the bald. Didn't do Kojak any harm...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I started going bald at 22, and unfortunately have scars from a few fights. It's a pain, but the longer you fight it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Shave it all off ta feck. Nothing cooler than a bald lad who is not bothered by the lack of hair. Nothing worse than someone fighting a public loosing battle with nature. Embrace the bald. Didn't do Kojak any harm...
    Or Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins...

Apart from him looking like a giant baby that has a terminal illness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭estudent

hurlsey wrote: »
    Well, looking for advice, I'm not even 30 hair has been falling out for 7 years, I've reached a point where I'm like "**** it I couldn't be any uglier with no hair..."

My gf says it's fine but to me it it isn't!! It doesn't help that all my friends have more hair than you could shake a stick at!!

So lads and ladies should I just finish what natures started or what?

*it isn't about being attractive in the sense of attracting other women, have a gf as I said, it's more I'd like to be able to walk into a room of people(or any social situation) and not be self conscious about it!!

I use a razor to shave it off since I turned 29. You'll get used to it. The only problem I had was ignorant people assuming I shaved it off to look like a Nazi or hard man. Sometimes I wear hat just to avoid those ignorant assumptions. It would look worse trying to cover it up with a wig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

screw what everyone else says, go for a skullet devin townsend style! :D

http://blog.asgaard.co.uk/assets/media/13-10/devintownsend.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

My husband has a massive bald spot and receding hairline, I Love his bald spot :D he doesn't give a f*ck either which I admire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

My husband has a massive bald spot and receding hairline, I Love his bald spot :D he doesn't give a f*ck either which I admire.

Bald spot... or a solar panel for a cuddle machine?

Edit: Scratch that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Definitely shave it.

But don't be that bald guy who always wears a hat. It doesn't fool anyone.

The most attractive bald men are the ones who don't give a f$$$ about it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Shave it all off, looks much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

1 year ago I had a fine head of hair and now balding fast. Now I'm battling between shaving it off or going for one of them hair transplant operations. One thing I noticed out in the pubs over Christmas is that every second fooker feels the need to comment on it. :mad: Im not comfortable with losing my hair yet to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Few friends that started going bald in their 20s and they either shaved their heads or just got it cut very tight and they looked well.

It's hardly a deformity.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

D_turbo wrote: »
    2 of my buddies have hit that same point

Under 30...going bald

Have since shaved there heads and regret nothing. In fact they love it...

In fact From out point of view it suits them much better..rather then being 27 with a resceding hairline or thinning hair

I am 28 and I started to get bald too. It's not as bad as some men, but it gets patchy right on top of my head.
    I just shaved my head last Sunday and I love it. I just touch up every few days now.
    Everyone get a shock first when they see me as it's such a huge change, but after most people say that it actually suits me. I love it too.
    At least I can still grow a beard! :D

So yeah, me too. No regrets and it actually looks a lot better then patchy hair.

OP, for me losing some of my hair was not an issue up until few weeks ago. It really started to get to me when it bacame really noticeable, specially when I used some hair products. I won't say that it messed up with my confidence, but it really did not added any. Shaved head helped a lot to restore things to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

KungPao wrote: »
    I love how threads like this usually bring out the "You'll look like Vin Diesel or Jason Statham" comments, when in the real world the person will probably look like Grant Mitchell or a neo-Nazi.
    Grant Mitchell is pretty hot IMO.

I know I'm only one woman and my opinion hardly makes up for the sense of loss going bald engenders in a lot of guys, but personally, I don't give a fuk about a guy going bald. If I think he's attractive, I think he's attractive - and I don't see a need for shaving it if it's mid going bald either. I barely notice tbh. But that's just me.

And of course, not that women finding it attractive or not attractive is the only important thing.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Well, looking for advice, I'm not even 30 hair has been falling out for 7 years, I've reached a point where I'm like "**** it I couldn't be any uglier with no hair..."

My gf says it's fine but to me it it isn't!! It doesn't help that all my friends have more hair than you could shake a stick at!!

*it isn't about being attractive in the sense of attracting other women, have a gf as I said, it's more I'd like to be able to walk into a room of people(or any social situation) and not be self conscious about it!!

Do you have decent teeth, 4 limbs, a brain, and a working cock?
    Can you dance without looking like Mick Jagger on crack?
    Is your body hygiene acceptable?
    Are you not a blimp?

Then despite your hirsute "issue" then I think women will find you just fine.

Baldness is a condition that cannot be reversed any more than freckles. It is a genetic trait much like blond hair and carried by the woman in ancestry. Fuck it. Dress up nice, polish your silky smooth head and get all Hot Chocolate sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Egginacup wrote: »

Baldness is a condition that cannot be reversed any more than freckles.

ahem

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/130/590x/secondary/151404.jpg

Lets see freckles permanently disappear like that?

Money is an obstacle to some degree, but nobody need go bald anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

conorh91 wrote: »
    ahem

FFS! It looks awful. Far better shaved?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Shave your head and grow a goatee.
    Job done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

With my hair I'm terrified of going bald. I'll leave work one day looking like Jesus and the next day I come in looking like Walter White in breaking bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

conorh91 wrote: »
    ahem

Have you ever seen those ads for hair 'renewal' places? They can cure baldness alright, but on the condition that for the rest of your life you can only have one complete douchebag hairstyle. It's positively Faustian.

http://www.advancedhairstudio.ie/

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Shave your head and grow a goatee.
    Job done

DO NOT grow a goatee.

A bald head and a goatee to compensate for it is a crap look. Put on the Buddy Holly specs while you're at it, hot stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

KungPao wrote: »
    Are you a Vietnam vet?

---

I love how threads like this usually bring out the "You'll look like Vin Diesel or Jason Statham" comments, when in the real world the person will probably look like Grant Mitchell or a neo-Nazi.

Look, baldness sucks for 90% percent of people, if you are not in the 10%, all you can do is wear a hat, wear a syrup, or cut your head off.

Grant Mitchell... at least you didn't say Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Grant Mitchell... at least you didn't say Phil.

Or Peggy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Dude, you are worrying too much I have to say. If you are losing hair then go into a good barbers and explain your situation like a man, and get the lot trimmed into a good short-style as they would know how to do so.

They will shape the hair to the shape of your head and it will be grand...amazing stuff they can do now.

Which is worse ? going bald or going completely grey/silver ???

Short cut dude that suits, but get it done by peter-marks trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

sabat wrote: »
    Have you ever seen those ads for hair 'renewal' places? They can cure baldness alright, but on the condition that for the rest of your life you can only have one complete douchebag hairstyle. It's positively Faustian.

http://www.advancedhairstudio.ie/

LOL

That place sells 'Hair Systems', aka wigs.

If you can afford it, and it bothers you enough op, look into a transplant. A relative of mine had it done for a receeding hairline, and the work is absolutely flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Ah, but you still hate cuddles. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I have to agree a man who just accepts it, shaves it and says fcuk it is to be much admired. There are plenty of treatments by the looks of it, but it's inevitable that most men are gonna lose they're hair at some stage. I know it's a bit early for the OP but thems the cards they was dealt. Go shorter in stages maybe. The no1 all over might be a shock to the system. My hubs is a baldie, has been since I met him, wasn't even a factor to me, nor is it to him. But if it's bothering you then you have my sympathy. You're gonna have to do what helps the most. Life is usually easier if you keep it simple though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Cut it all off. I lost my hair years ago at a young age. I couldn't care less about having no hair. To be honest most people are too tied up in their own issues to notice your hairline.

Advertisement