Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

You Nostalgia, you lose - *Don't Quote the pictures!*

Comments

• ^^^^

Eircom 25, 25 hours a MONTH of blistering 52kbps speed. Only after 6pm and on weekends of course!

Can't remember the cap, probably something ridiculous as well.

*Posted on my 60+mbps connection, gotta love progress :D

• GAAman wrote: »
    ^^^^

Eircom 25, 25 hours a MONTH of blistering 52kbps speed. Only after 6pm and on weekends of course!

Can't remember the cap, probably something ridiculous as well.

*Posted on my 60+mbps connection, gotta love progress :D

Pfff, Oceanfree with it's special internet number which meant that you got 5 minutes per unit rather than 3 minutes for the local number. Then there was IOL Unlimited access, streaming radio at night was epic.

BTW, 52kbps, could never get that, mid to high 40s are the best you could hope for, was good enough to play Unreal Tournament though.

• Telecom_%C3%89ireann.png

• Clareman wrote: »
    Pfff, Oceanfree with it's special internet number which meant that you got 5 minutes per unit rather than 3 minutes for the local number. Then there was IOL Unlimited access, streaming radio at night was epic.

BTW, 52kbps, could never get that, mid to high 40s are the best you could hope for, was good enough to play Unreal Tournament though.

Always got solid 52, in fact just realised even as a youth I was a cynic, thought eircom were ripping us off of that 4kbps :D

I used to be able to get Call of Duty (I think it was United Offensive) going for an hour before the ping went mental

• GAAman wrote: »
    Always got solid 52, in fact just realised even as a youth I was a cynic, thought eircom were ripping us off of that 4kbps :D

I used to be able to get Call of Duty (I think it was United Offensive) going for an hour before the ping went mental

powered.by.gamespy.logo.022411-530px.jpg

• Advertisement

• 332394.jpg

• BUpJXpGCAAAa2ps.jpg

• <<<snip>>>

That's outside the post office on Anne Street Wexford. They used to line the whole street, never going anywhere

• 2 in 1 Nostalgia

zigzag.jpg

• water-watch-4.jpg

• Advertisement

• ^^^ whats that again?
    Think I remember seeing them.

• whiskeyman wrote: »
    ^^^ whats that again?
    Think I remember seeing them.

A water watch. Pour water in the side every couple of days to power it.

• Had one, eventually the limescale in the water clogged the cells. You needed to use distilled water (I found out too late)

• Probably posted a few time but with the day that's in it......

I got this for xmas 30 years ago. Gawd I feel old.

F_vcs2600.jpg

• Probably posted a few time but with the day that's in it......

I got this for xmas 30 years ago. Gawd I feel old.

I had one of those too, inherited it from our rich cousins, it also came with little steering controlers for the racing car game we had for it.
    Good times.

• <<<snip>>>

It was only recently I realised the rocket was just a baked beans can with a funnel on top.

• I had an Atari as a kid, and this morning my sister gave me this. Was like a kid first thing Christmas morning playing games!

http://omg.wthax.org/7biegG.jpg

• Lucky Bastid! :D What do the controllers feel like.

Anyway, I made a little mistake, the VCS I got 31 years ago. This I got 30 years ago....

24.BlueSilverUltraBurnerMarkOneOriginalSpec.jpg

They feel hollow compared to the original ones, they are wireless too!

• Advertisement

• <<<snip>>>

Is that trailer fake? That's Terminator music in the background, Robocop's theme is all

• Micheal O'Hehir's voice...

Anyway, I made a little mistake, the VCS I got 31 years ago. This I got 30 years ago....

Snip.

I have a Raleigh Styler out in my shed with the chrome frame and black mag wheels!
    I still love it.

• I got an Atari VCS for Christmas about 30 years ago as well. It has lain under a bench in the garage for approximately 20 years. I dug it out about six months ago for a retro games event. Still working..... :)

• Sorry, forgot I had a pic of it:

sm_IMAG0353b.jpg

• <<<snip>>>

Nice garage

• Nice garage

I wish! This was on its excursion out of the garage

• Advertisement

• The journal just posted about these:
    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

Dos games!
    Keen!, Lemings! Prince of Persia! I even remember playing the blues brothers game! And oh so many turtles games.
    Commander_Keen_5_-_The_Armageddon_Machine_1991_screenshot.gif

Advertisement