Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TOKYO MARUI VSR 10 G SPEC UPGRADE GUIDE

Options
  • 22-12-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Intro

So a bit of a background about my experience with this rifle and what you must do to the g spec to get it shooting lasers is actually a lot cheaper than you would expect.
    What my frustration was is all the upgrade guides I have read were American or in the UK where there fps on BASR(Bolt action sniper Rifle) were in in the region of 480 - 500 fps(Ouch!!).

My journey with this rifle started after a Well L96 got the better of me reading having to pour a PDI hop chamber,PDI barrel and new bucking and tonnes of time timing to get it to where you want.
    So basically, yeah poor build quality and no consistency after pouring in 250 euro and countless hours into it lead me to buy quality which was the VSR!

Is it me or is "Tokyo Marui" just sounds cool to say?;-)
    Anyway after countless research and some advice from the boys at Airsofteire. I finally settled on the G-Spec. First impressions, simple design, well built piece of furniture that feels strong and durable.

"Finally, a strong platform to begin my sniping career" OK, OK this is starting to sound more like a review of the gun rather than an upgrade. But this really this has to me the most accurate stock BASR you can buy!

So, if its all that then why upgrade? OK, well basically I got two small problems with the VSR

1) The Notorious right curve issue caused by plastic adjuster bending.

2) The range with heavy weight bb's use full hop to push out a .28g bb and even still it struggles for get 45 yards(135ft) with washed bb's.

So, Why all the hype about TM Hop up chamber saying is the best and out ranges most gun with even higher fps? Truth is that it does but with lighter bb's vs other guns using the same weight the TM hop up chamber will out range
    most guns with even higher fps.

This got me thinking if fps isn't everything could I push a .28 out to 65-70 yards and tighten my grouping even further. Also, I wanted to eliminate the "notorious right hook"

The Break down

My logic is a good quality TBB will increase range and tighten up groupings. Firefly Soft will add more lift paired with Dangerwerx B arm(Flat) would also give me more adjustment and perfect with W of V shaped buckings.

I Ordered/Installed:

1) Laylax 6.03 Barrel 303mm Barrel - Zeroone UK
    2) Firefly Bucking Soft - Eagle6 UK
    3) Dangerwerx Arm B - ASPUK
    4) Action Army Barrel Spacer set for G spec - BlackScout Airsoft Cavan
    5)Teflon tape the bucking to barrel to get better air seal.

RESULTS

The firefly bucking for me was a complete "flop" as with zero hop the .28g bb's where travelling to the moon at 100 feet. So its not the bucking was bad its the fps limit as most of what I read about the Dangerwerx Arm B with the Firefly was with Heavy .43's at 30% hop were going skyward. Can you imagine what was happening to .28's!?
    I whipped the firefly out and tried the TM Stock with the Dangerwerx B arm and Woooooahhhh a real breakthrough! This thing was shooting lasers easily added 50+ feet!! The best part is the right curve completely gone! This is because 4 clicks(about 10% - 15% hop) was not allowing the plastic slide adjuster on bend causing the right curve issue in the first place.The Laylax 6.03 303mm barrel tightens up grouping a lot and increasing accuracy at long range ten fold. I cannot recommend these upgraded enough. I know people swear by firefly but honest the TM Stock one was better when combined with Danger werx arm B and Laylax Barrel for our 1 joule limit.

The FPS went up by about 10fps but, the joule creep with .28's went up alot;) I wish I could upload pics to show the process?? If any has any experience or wants to ask any questions fire away!!! Thanks for reading, and after these upgrades you VSR will really shine. =-P

Cheers,

RossB182

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭davidd24

My VSR is with BlackScout's Gun tech as we speak.
    I have my fingers crossed for a excellent outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RossB182

davidd24 wrote: »
    My VSR is with BlackScout's Gun tech as we speak.
    I have my fingers crossed for a excellent outcome

Your gun is in safe hands there I know Matthew from speaking with him. Hes great knows his stuff. Please post results groupings etc. when finished will post my own when I can. Whats he installing for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Mauser sr with r hopped madbull tbb and a few diy mods hitting 70 plus metres with .28.U will get great range with any sniper once time is spent on it and not just money.

brenak47 wrote: »
    Mauser sr with r hopped madbull tbb and a few diy mods hitting 70 plus metres with .28.U will get great range with any sniper once time is spent on it and not just money.

Yeah I agree, always afraid to try r hop for some reason ha! I have Mauser SR Pro loads if dit mods with tbb etc. and getting good range but the vsr now beats it hands down range and accuracy. have to git 50 plus posts before i can put up ictures so i will upload groupings range etc. when get chance! Do you have an grouping with the Mauser>?

RossB182 wrote: »
    Your gun is in safe hands there I know Matthew from speaking with him. Hes great knows his stuff. Please post results groupings etc. when finished will post my own when I can. Whats he installing for you?

TBB, better hop his choice and maybe a spring? I think with the barrel I may not need a spring thou.
    I've told him what from the gun so like I said fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Yeah just remember you don't need to hop unit the vsr is perfectly fine. Just a tad bit of work shim arm and good quality tightbore. The dangerwerx arm is the best upgrade I have ever put into a gun. The nine ball bcking is supposed to be scent aswell. Just remember to wash the bbs and do the teflon tape bucking you'll add 20 feet range just by that. Brasso to polish the barrel is great to if you wanna save a couple of coins. Why you upgrading? What are you unhappy with?

RossB182 wrote: »
    Yeah just remember you don't need to hop unit the vsr is perfectly fine. Just a tad bit of work shim arm and good quality tightbore. The dangerwerx arm is the best upgrade I have ever put into a gun. The nine ball bcking is supposed to be scent aswell. Just remember to wash the bbs and do the teflon tape bucking you'll add 20 feet range just by that. Brasso to polish the barrel is great to if you wanna save a couple of coins. Why you upgrading? What are you unhappy with?
    Unhappy with the bb going to the left as you stated.
    Fairly happy with Range but just see more potential in the gun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

davidd24 wrote: »
    Unhappy with the bb going to the left as you stated.
    Fairly happy with Range but just see more potential in the gun

Your hop up rubber is not sitting correctly, when you remove the chamber with the barrel intact turn on the hop to full, look down the barrel and see if the nub is uniform, you should be able to tell if it is slightly off as the shape will not look right, if your rubber is sitting incorrectly it will cause your bb's to "hook".

The hook left pizzles me as vsr`s tend to hook left. Yeah check bucking !!

Advertisement