Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know Your Elves - #16 Snowgal

Options
  • 20-12-2014 6:51pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is it!
    The last weekend before Christmas and it is the turn of Snowgal! :)

Let's start...

Do you listen to Christmas FM?

Do you have a favourite festive television ad?

Do you prefer a real tree or fake tree?

Clear lights of coloured lights?

Sprouts- love 'em or hate 'em?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Posy wrote: »
    This is it!
    The last weekend before Christmas and it is the turn of Snowgal! :)

Let's start...

Do you listen to Christmas FM? Yes I do, this is the 1st year really! I have so many CDs that's usually what I would listen to. They actually come on from November and really I don't stop listening to them on till about February, bit sad! But this year I tried Christmas FM and it's on in work, at home and in the car, So all day long! I also have a year round Christmas app on my iPad and yes I do tend to listen to it through the year!

Do you have a favourite festive television ad? Without a doubt the Coca-Cola holidays are coming ad. I'm actually a bit annoyed this year because I only saw it a few times and now they've changed it to a different ad but it's on YouTube so I can play it and play it 😄 I genuinely get a little buzz in my tummy when that ad comes on

Do you prefer a real tree or fake tree? Real, real, real! I am major fan of real. I don't think we could ever get a fake tree, I'd feel we were cheating! Love the smell of the real tree, especially after a few days when it's settled into the house

Clear lights of coloured lights? Clear lights Only, always! Again we have to to have clear lights couldn't have coloured ones on the tree here. Although my husband did put up coloured lights going up the stairs a few years agoand they've managed to survive, I pretend they're not there!

Sprouts- love 'em or hate 'em?
    I don't really like them at all and I didn't have them at all until about 3 years ago. But hubby changed it abit. Said if I'm such a christmas bunny I shoukd like them! I have 2 on my plate for Christmas day and then I have them with a bubble squeak type dinner on Stephens day. They're nice in that I have to say.

Thanks! Aghhh so close to Christmas niw, madness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

What's your weather preference for Christmas day? (snowgal by name, snowgal by nature? lol)

Do you get new Christmas pj's, nightdress??

What is your favourite Christmas decoration?

If you had to be anywhere except home for Christmas, where would you be?

Do your pets, if you have any that is, get something special for Christmas?

eskimocat wrote: »
    What's your weather preference for Christmas day? (snowgal by name, snowgal by nature? lol) absolutely snow for Christmas day!! I wish and wish for it every year, 2010 was so good for me!! Ive been to lapland twice to get my show fix because I do tend to associate the two together and although we're just not geared for it here, I think snow and Christmas should go hand in hand!

Do you get new Christmas pj's, nightdress?? yes every year. I didnt buy one yet this year but Im nearly 100% theres one under the tree for me...If Im wrong Ill be raging!!

What is your favourite Christmas decoration? I have so many that I love but my verrry favourite one is 2 turtle doves that hubby gave to me before we were even going out together! It was only September and he was in Germany.When he got back he dropped the turtle doves and a half a christmas card that said 'its never too early for Christmas! xx'.... through my letter box and even then I kinda thought he might be the one...

If you had to be anywhere except home for Christmas, where would you be? oooh thats a tough one cos I dont think I could be away from home ever. But if I had to had to choose then I suppose Lapland would be the place. All the snow, cheer and the big man himself, sure where else?!

Do your pets, if you have any that is, get something special for Christmas?
    I have a very spoilt cat and yes she gets treats. This year is the cat meow game as seen on tv! and also I stock up on expensive cat food so she can have a lovely christmas dinner too.....

thanks! Agggh so close now......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What is the best Christmas present you ever received as a child?

Do you have any memorable Christmas moments?

Favourite selection box bar?

Do you wear a Christmas jumper on Christmas Day?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What is your favourite Christmas song?

What is your most hated Christmas song?

Would you ever spend Christmas abroad?

When do you open your presents?

What's your favourite part of Christmas dinner?

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    What is the best Christmas present you ever received as a child? Poochie! Still have her...a little white and pink dog, I still remember that feeling when I saw it under the tree, pure beaming joy!

Do you have any memorable Christmas moments? Lots. I think the best would have to be my husband proposing in Lapland just before Christmas Eve. It was magical in every way. And I got to meet to main man himself the day after we got engaged. Then all that christmas was a high....I got a snowflake diamond ring, of course!

Favourite selection box bar? Ooh not too much of a choc fan but I always steal the curly wurly!

Do you wear a Christmas jumper on Christmas Day?
    not on Xmas day, that's 'good' clothes day :) but I do wear my coca cola holidays are coming one on the lead up to it

Advertisement