Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AGS Credentials?

• 20-12-2014 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

lads & lasses,

Perhaps you can help me settle an "argument" with a fellow expat.

Question: Do the Gardaí carry a metal badge with their Garda ID/warrant card similar to what police in the US carry?

I'm of the understanding they don't have a metal badge in the wallet, just the warrant/ID card, my mate swears they carry the card in a wallet that also has a metal badge in the shape of the AGS cap badge.

Can't really find anything online one way or the other....I'm sure this has been addressed before here, can't find it...while picture's would be fine, I'll take an answer from any members on here. Pints are at stake!!!!

Thanks,

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭source

irishrgr wrote: »
    lads & lasses,

Perhaps you can help me settle an "argument" with a fellow expat.

Question: Do the Gardaí carry a metal badge with their Garda ID/warrant card similar to what police in the US carry?

I'm of the understanding they don't have a metal badge in the wallet, just the warrant/ID card, my mate swears they carry the card in a wallet that also has a metal badge in the shape of the AGS cap badge.

Can't really find anything online one way or the other....I'm sure this has been addressed before here, can't find it...while picture's would be fine, I'll take an answer from any members on here. Pints are at stake!!!!

Thanks,

A

Your mate is correct. Get your wallet out.

Edit: this is the first result from Google.

garda-proof-630x472.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irishrgr

Well crap, it seems my google searches are not as effective as yours. I kept searching for ID card, and got various hits, but not wallet....well done you.

irishrgr accepts defeat and heads off to the pub secure in the knowledge he's standing a few bevvies tonight....

In Ireland is there much of a emergency services industry like here? There are all sorts of businesses selling uniforms, kit, bags, wallets, every bit and piece for the police, fire & EMS community. Sadly 99% of them will sell you anything without asking for any proof you are in the emergency services. Badges seem to be the only thing that require proof of who you actually are.

Is it more controlled in Ireland?

Cheers, thanks and Merry Christmas,

A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭source

irishrgr wrote: »
    Well crap, it seems my google searches are not as effective as yours. I kept searching for ID card, and got various hits, but not wallet....well done you.

irishrgr accepts defeat and heads off to the pub secure in the knowledge he's standing a few bevvies tonight....

In Ireland is there much of a emergency services industry like here? There are all sorts of businesses selling uniforms, kit, bags, wallets, every bit and piece for the police, fire & EMS community. Sadly 99% of them will sell you anything without asking for any proof you are in the emergency services. Badges seem to be the only thing that require proof of who you actually are.

Is it more controlled in Ireland?

Cheers, thanks and Merry Christmas,

A

Official kit is impossible to get unless you're in the ES, uniform and weaponry are all issued, only things you can buy are items to make your life more comfortable. Better belt pouches, radio earpieces, boots stuff like that.

Advertisement