Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Haven't seen tonight's show yet but caught the result at the end. I don't know how the dance off went so can't comment on that but sad to see Jake go. He started brilliantly and seemed to get pretty stagnant towards the end but I liked him. :)

Was there some kind of preview of the Christmas show? I'll have to watch the recording when X Factor is over! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Right result imo. Mark is more consistant. Jake has only gotten good scores for his Samba and Salsa (hip dances) whereas Marks gets the same score or so for each performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Marks Totty, jakes uggo- neither great dancers I'm happy. #TeamCaroline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

I normally wouldn't pay any attention to "conspiracy theories" on a show like this, but I can't help and raise an eyebrow over the way all four couples in the final are also on the tour.

I didn't want Jake to win but I definitely feel he's far more deserving of a place in the final than Mark (and Karen). I'd preferred if tonight was a double elimination. It actually cheapens the final overall in my opinion when two of the couples in it have been in the dance off three times!

On a side note I'm amazed Frankie has been the only one all series to avoid the dance off. I guess there are more Saturdays fans out there than I thought!

bopper wrote: »
    I normally wouldn't pay any attention to "conspiracy theories" on a show like this, but I can't help and raise an eyebrow over the way all four couples in the final are also on the tour.

I didn't want Jake to win but I definitely feel he's far more deserving of a place in the final than Mark (and Karen). I'd preferred if tonight was a double elimination. It actually cheapens the final overall in my opinion when two of the couples in it have been in the dance off three times!

On a side note I'm amazed Frankie has been the only one all series to avoid the dance off. I guess there are more Saturdays fans out there than I thought!

I imagine Frankie has been toping the vote (or there about) each week. I think she'll win, unless Caroline is out of this world next week. Mark 4th, Simon 3rd and then we'll see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

T0001 wrote: »
    I imagine Frankie has been toping the vote (or there about) each week. I think she'll win, unless Caroline is out of this world next week. Mark 4th, Simon 3rd and then we'll see what happens.

We don't know for sure who came second and third respectively in 2012, or in 2013 - because in both years, the BBC refused to publish the voting breakdowns. :rolleyes:

I gather it'll be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

We don't know for sure who came second and third respectively in 2012, or in 2013 - because in both years, the BBC refused to publish the voting breakdowns. :rolleyes:

Who knew, Simon Cowell the open and transparent one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

T0001 wrote: »
    I imagine Frankie has been toping the vote (or there about) each week.

Really? That would honestly shock me considering how dull she is, but unfortunately we'll never find out.

Worth pointing out, too, that the BBC are more than happy to publish the voting breakdown of the Sports Personality of the Year...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/sports-personality/16303729 (2011)
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/sports-personality/20748902 (2012)
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/sports-personality/25386015 (2013)
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/sports-personality/30456847 (2014)

Double standards, perhaps? :o:D;)

Ola must be addicted to reality shows! She's out of the rest of Strictly due to injury. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2873951/Strictly-s-Ola-Jordan-hobbles-home-injuring-leg-filming-Jump.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Heroditas

At least Jake actually tried to dance (albeit his footwork was dire) in the dance-off. Mark's rumba was anything but one. It was more like some interpretive dance nonsense. As for the sh1te with them dancing in their bare feet... :rolleyes:
    Both were poor dances though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Ola must be addicted to reality shows! She's out of the rest of Strictly due to injury. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2873951/Strictly-s-Ola-Jordan-hobbles-home-injuring-leg-filming-Jump.html

Ola and hubbie James have signed a deal with Channel 4 to appear in various shows. Her time with SCD was over as soon as she was voted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Mark and Karen doing their showdance to "Don't Stop Me Now." Isn't that the same song Kara and Artem had for their SD?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

RosyLily wrote: »
    Mark and Karen doing their showdance to "Don't Stop Me Now." Isn't that the same song Kara and Artem had for their SD?

Twas indeed.

Had to google it, so watched it on YouTube - god it was awful! Both the singing AND the dancing.

Caroline and Pasha are doing their charleston again.... how will that work without all the extra dancers?

Presume they'll have to re-coreograph it a bit, but will it be the same???

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Twas indeed.

Had to google it, so watched it on YouTube - god it was awful! Both the singing AND the dancing.

Yeah, I remember being underwhelmed with the routine. Especially considering how good they were!

You'd think they wouldn't pick a SD song that was already done just a couple of years ago. 100s of songs they could have chosen instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

RosyLily wrote: »
    Yeah, I remember being underwhelmed with the routine. Especially considering how good they were!

You'd think they wouldn't pick a SD song that was already done just a couple of years ago. 100s of songs they could have chosen instead.

They're not the first this season: Jake and Janette danced to "I'm still standing" which instantly brought back Jill and Darrens amazing routine

gubbie wrote: »
    They're not the first this season: Jake and Janette danced to "I'm still standing" which instantly brought back Jill and Darrens amazing routine

Come on producers, mix it up a bit!!:pac:

Looking forward to Caroline and Pasha's SD. I like contemporary routines.

For Frankie's showdance I can hear Darcey saying "I thought it was incredible, but it didn't have the impact/wow-factor of a showdance" :X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Caroline and Pasha are doing their charleston again.... how will that work without all the extra dancers?

Presume they'll have to re-coreograph it a bit, but will it be the same???

Do they not have the extra dancers in the final? Thought they did. Hope Frankie wins. Caroline second.

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Do they not have the extra dancers in the final? Thought they did. Hope Frankie wins. Caroline second.

*clears throat*

:o:o:o:);)

"WE NEED NIBBLES AND DRINKS FOR STRICTLY!!! GET NIBBLES!!"

-said my Dad.:p

Looks like I'll be stopping in Aldi Saturday morning.:D

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I'm not sure there's enough room on the studio floor for extra dancers! Their first charleston was done in Blackpool which is HUGE.

Clean sweep from the ITT panel for Caroline to win! Can't say I disagree, really.

Who the feck are Dick 'n' Dom :confused:

Clean sweep from the ITT panel for Caroline to win! Can't say I disagree, really.

britains answer to dumb and dumber

Been successful children's presenters for the BBC for 10-15 years. Ant and Dec but not as funny or lucky.

Hope Caroline or Frankie win this. Preferably in that order. I do not buy into the Mark "came from nothing and is now amazing" crap :mad:

:D:D:D:D:D:);)

Bogies..............

(Have to say, I used to slag Dick & Dom 'back in the day', being an Ant and Dec SMTV Live fanboy, but they were probably up my street in a way :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

why are we talking about dick and dom?:confused:

• Advertisement

casio4 wrote: »
    why are we talking about dick and dom?:confused:

Dunno, just thought it'd be a laugh?

Oh and they were on Strictly It Takes Two last night :)

Advertisement