Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Juncker projects

• 13-12-2014 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Here's a list of infrastructure projects applied for by the Irish govt from Juncker's 300bn investment plan.

Unlike other countries, the Irish projects have no estimated prices, although there are subtotals for groups of projects in the same category. I think this is overly secretive and makes for an uninformed public debate on the relative worth of different projects when nobody knows remotely what they'll cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Cant open that pdf. Any highlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Apparently telling people what barriers or solutions to tissues exist at all is secret as it's commercially sensitive....
    ffs

Also Irish water, owned by Alan Kelly or baldy Noonan is "private"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Wow, I'd say the Irish government could spend all 300 billion on their own -when does eu announce what gets funding and how much ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭cgcsb

At least we know we're due a decision on metro north in Q2 2015. That's something. My money is on 'optimised' metro north with hopefully a bit of give on the platform lengths especially in the central stations and interchange stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Can't open .pdf either. Can you please post a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

The pdf is working fine for me, I downloaded it first before opening it.

@ OssianSmyth, thanks for sharing that.

I wonder could you give us a link to the original source of that pdf as I would like to read more about it.

I have already looked at the European Commission's website regarding the Investment Plan but failed to find that particular pdf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

The pdf is working fine for me, I downloaded it first before opening it.

@ OssianSmyth, thanks for sharing that.

I wonder could you give us a link to the original source of that pdf as I would like to read more about it.

I have already looked at the European Commission's website regarding the Investment Plan but failed to find that particular pdf.

the problem is not the PDF, but the link the OP posted, the file does not have pdf extension, so people need to download and rename the file to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,402 ✭✭✭✭Alun

the problem is not the PDF, but the link the OP posted, the file does not have pdf extension, so people need to download and rename the file to open it.
    It works perfectly for me (Firefox) and saves by default as juncker.pdf with no manual intervention from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Alun wrote: »
    It works perfectly for me (Firefox) and saves by default as juncker.pdf with no manual intervention from me.

Weird, am using IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Using IE too and small window comes up asking whether you wish to save or open the file

• Advertisement
Advertisement