Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to all the Abrakebabra franchises?

Options
  • 11-12-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

Thurles, Clonmel, Cashel, Templemore, Dungarvan are just a few of the big number of takeaways that closed recently. Was it the Jedward and Edward happy meal thing they had that scared off the customers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Probably the fact that it's utter dogshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Maynooth one is now Pizza Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Someone said "Abracadabra" and they all vanished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

The crazy high prices might have something to with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Have they all disappeared?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Chris___ wrote: »
    Thurles, Clonmel, Cashel, Templemore, Dungarvan are just a few of the big number of takeaways that closed recently. Was it the Jedward and Edward happy meal thing they had that scared off the customers?
    They're shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

More likely they closed due to the poor standard of food they served and better late night takeaways opening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Still in Carlow & Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Bad food at horrendous prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would murder a taco fries now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Duff wrote: »

There's always one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

This thread has made me hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

More likely they closed due to the poor standard of food they served and better late night takeaways opening up.

Do these other takeaways have drunken fights outside the place on the hour, every hour? If not, then they're of no use as Abrakebabra replacements. Watching two blind-drunk foolahs fighting over the square root of feck all of an evening and trying to smear each other's faces across the window is part and parcel of the Abrakebabra experience.

"Abra-Abra-Kebabra. Gonna reach out and stab ya."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

iDave wrote: »
    This thread has made me hungry

there should be a ban on food threads before 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

To be fair the Templemore franchise was good. Nice food reasonable prices. It did very little business though even in the celtic tiger era. Then again what business does make money there. Templemore is no longer classed a town these days just a suburb of Thurles.

The Cashel one was alright too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

The one in my locality was nicknamed Abrakestabra.

Mainly because someone had been stabbed there and a year after that one of the Staff stabbed a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

gramar wrote: »

Have they all disappeared?

Don - er..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The one in my locality was nicknamed Abrakestabra.

Mainly because someone had been stabbed there and a year after that one of the Staff stabbed a customer.

He sounds badass. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Duff wrote: »

I don't know how the hell you can berate dog **** like that !!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Abrakebabra is the ryanair of the fast-food industry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

TBF they were often the only place open 3ish when you wanted the feed. Food wasn't great alright. Kebabs were grand filler at that hour. I've had their burger and fries in the daytime sober as a non-alcoholic judge and it wasn't all that toxic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

This is the second thread today that has left me starving for a Kebab.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

there should be a ban on food threads before 1pm

A Food thread?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They charged 2.50 for 3 tiny pieces of chicken, they can go **** themselves :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I just wish someone would publish the recipe for their hot bbq sauce.

EDIT: when I say recipe - i really mean Supplier :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I stopped eating there about 14 years ago when I noticed scabs all over the hands of the girl behind the counter.

Forever known as scabby hands. Puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

They were always dead during the day so I'm surprised they could afford to stay around for as long as they did.

I used the one in Fairview once but after seeing the toilets that was my last time. It became a kebab place after that and it's now a cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I was back in Galway recently and there was a coffee shop where they used to be. Who the hell wants a coffee after a night on the beer :confused: Their taco fries were legendary when not sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

jester77 wrote: »
    I was back in Galway recently and there was a coffee shop where they used to be. Who the hell wants a coffee after a night on the beer :confused: Their taco fries were legendary when not sober.

In Galway and you would choose Abrakebabra taco chips over The Charcole Grill's taco chip? for shame jester! for shame!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Do these other takeaways have drunken fights outside the place on the hour, every hour? If not, then they're of no use as Abrakebabra replacements. Watching two blind-drunk foolahs fighting over the square root of feck all of an evening and trying to smear each other's faces across the window is part and parcel of the Abrakebabra experience.

"Abra-Abra-Kebabra. Gonna reach out and stab ya."

All to do with the way people queue for food. Abra was an experiment to investigate the behavioural patterns of people queueing side by side as opposed to single file. The results speak for themselves:-)

Advertisement