Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ZZ Top @ The Marquee, Cork, June 22nd 2015

Options
  • 24-11-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭

Tickets on sale Friday, coincidentally just in time for Christmas :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

May go again, had a blast last time on my own. Impossible not to have a smile on the face at their show.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭peterobrien100

blastman wrote: »
    Tickets on sale Friday, coincidentally just in time for Christmas :)

So good last year and great to see them returning so fast looking forward to this !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Fantastic, was there last year, great show. Properly priced tickets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Francis H Murphy

Tickets €55 up from €35 in 2013

Is the tiger back ?

Tickets €55 up from €35 in 2013

Is the tiger back ?

I see tickets for €35, although thats for seating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Francis H Murphy

Mushy wrote: »
    I see tickets for €35, although thats for seating.

Correct , but your basic standing ticket is up to €55 from €35 a 57% hike ?

Correct , but your basic standing ticket is up to €55 from €35 a 57% hike ?

Yeah its a joke to say the least. Probably won't go myself now cos of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Jaysis, that's some hike alright.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Hold on... they are charging more to stand?? Where is the logic in that? Couldn't you buy the €35 seating tickets and just stand away?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Seats are further away or at a bad viewing angle is the reason, I'd imagine. I can't remember the Marquee layout exactly, but separate entrances would be one way of enforcing it (although if you're determined enough you could probably get from the seating to the standing area?

• Advertisement

For the marquee, you go into the tent (after ticket check) into a foyer area effectively. Then in the corners of them are the walkways down to gig area. You go down here whether seating or standing. It leads directly onto the standing area with the seats around the edge which you can go into.

I think it'd be easy enough to get away with standing when have a seated ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Mushy wrote: »
    I think it'd be easy enough to get away with standing when have a seated ticket.

I had seating for Roger Waters back in 06 and stood up the front instead (cos the seats were abysmal) .... it was all "open plan" once you were in the tent. Not sure if they've made changes since , but charging €20 less for a seating ticket seems a bit stupid if the set up is the same.

RayCon wrote: »
    I had seating for Roger Waters back in 06 and stood up the front instead (cos the seats were abysmal) .... it was all "open plan" once you were in the tent. Not sure if they've made changes since , but charging €20 less for a seating ticket seems a bit stupid if the set up is the same.

Its still the same, was there the last 2 years. Odd way to go about it. But I guess if everyone buys seats and still stand, then there's only limited tickets so people eill still end up paying 55e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I need to wait until after xmas to buy these tickets due to buy Foos tickets last week. All seated tickets sold out, only standing left, sigh! €61 incl booking fee. Really hope they put on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Only two days to go, hopefully they'll be as good as the last time when they were awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Looks like Crow Black Chicken are supporting ZZ Top tonight. I think they're on around 8, so guessing ZZ Top should be on around 9. Looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Blistering show from the bearded trio.

A tad short at around 90 minutes (8.45 to 10.15) but raw blues rock/funk the whole way.

Gimme All Your Lovin and Waitin for the Bus the standouts.

Was in the standing area but seats were definitely not sold out despite Ticketb*srd not selling them, and no problem taking one. Moved to the seats due to shocking amount of annoying cameraphone activity in standing area. Couldn't see a frickin thing down there :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Here's one of my shots from last weeks gig.
    318934C54A914D4596B60A0A29F173C2-0000360871-0003773879-00800L-0BAE9A661286452199D8813B5F536860.jpg

Advertisement