Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa - what are you buying?

Options
  • 27-11-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

The agreed spend amount is €20, I don't know anything about the girl I'm buying for (just joined the company)

Any ideas?

I was thinking a Yankee Christmas Candle and a mug she can use at work, is that too boring?

What are you buying for yours?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The agreed spend amount is €20, I don't know anything about the girl I'm buying for (just joined the company)

Any ideas?

I was thinking a Yankee Christmas Candle and a mug she can use at work, is that too boring?

Not boring at all, they are safe but really good choices especially as you're new! You don't want to be offending anyone this year, leave that until next year! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

That's a really good idea OP.

Homestore and More have some Yankee candles reduced for Xmas, and they have free delivery for December too I think.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-themed-candles/icat/spewigig2

I recommend the Cinnamon stick candle, its divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

That's a really good idea OP.

Homestore and More have some Yankee candles reduced for Xmas, and they have free delivery for December too I think.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-themed-candles/icat/spewigig2

I recommend the Cinnamon stick candle, its divine.

Oh that's my favourite one! Anything cinnamon scented is fab and SO Christmassy

I might have to get myself one while I'm there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

A present I got last year was lovely... it was a little notebook that was personalised with my name on the front. at least it was something I could use and there was no way that I wasnt going to like it.

I love yankee candles however there is always the risk of getting a smell someone doesnt like, I wouldnt like that cinnamon one for instance, I think Cinnamon is a bit of an aquired taste. I also dont like the floral ones. but I love the vanilla smells and the baking or sweets smells! they are also not liked by some people. so Candles are a bit tough!

I reckon, if you dont know the person make it as generic and useable as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

A present I got last year was lovely... it was a little notebook that was personalised with my name on the front. at least it was something I could use and there was no way that I wasnt going to like it.

I love yankee candles however there is always the risk of getting a smell someone doesnt like, I wouldnt like that cinnamon one for instance, I think Cinnamon is a bit of an aquired taste. I also dont like the floral ones. but I love the vanilla smells and the baking or sweets smells! they are also not liked by some people. so Candles are a bit tough!

I reckon, if you dont know the person make it as generic and useable as possible.

The notebook idea is lovely, I wonder where I would get one...google here I come...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

I think the notebook is a great idea, I'd sooner get a personalized that or a nice mug than get a candle, I really dislike most of the Yankee Candle scents (sickly sweet and chemically imho, much like American food is). I find it hard to pick anything scented as a gift unless you know a little bit about the person, and even then I've been bought expensive scented things that I just don't like by people who know me well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Any ideas?

I think that's a great idea I would love either��

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

SarahLil wrote: »

Any ideas?

I think that's a great idea I would love either😊

Any secret Santa ideas for guys? I have a guy for mine and budget is €10... No idea what to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I think a mug for tea or coffee would work for a guy too, providing they are tea/coffee drinker, you could fill the mug full of chocolate bars they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Cath Kidston has lovely little gifts/mugs that most (I think!) women would love.

The Tiger shop in Dublin ( I think there's a few of them) does cool little quirky but handy things and you'd definitely pick up something for €10 for male/female.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

SarahLil wrote: »
    I think a mug for tea or coffee would work for a guy too, providing they are tea/coffee drinker, you could fill the mug full of chocolate bars they like?

Thats not a bad idea! chocolate is always a safe bet for most guys :)

I got a new guy at work and I had to ask someone who he actually was (tells you how much i know about him)
    i was thinking about the bog standard shaving set but I think i will see if I can find a cool mug to fill with some goodies :D

Advertisement