Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shopping list....

• 27-11-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I remember a few years ago there was a thread with a relatively extensive shopping list of things you may find useful in bringing with, like boot cleaning brushes and other things. Can anyone link me to the thread if it still exists? Or even post your thoughts below.

Much Appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

All in here:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055236430

If I was in your position I'd be reading it inside and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tron2000

Fantastic job, I must have been looking in the wrong place. Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

For goodness sake tron2000,type shopping list into "search this forum" and its the 4th one down!

Detective much? :v

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tron2000

For goodness sake tron2000,type shopping list into "search this forum" and its the 4th one down!

Detective much? :v

Thanks so much for your insightful input

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Bloody hell! I remember writing that as if it was only 6 years, 9 months and 15 days ago! :)

Be sure to read the first page or two of posts after that though, because some people added their own little ideas in there as well, and they're good ideas too.

Just bring your own duvet cover, top sheet for a single bed mattress, and a single pillowcase. If those stains on the duvets could talk, they'd probably cry for a mercy killing. It's not uncommon to see people bring their own pillow AND duvet for hygiene reasons. They just leave it in their car until Killer Sunday (Day 1) is over.

Time is passing too fast for my liking. Can't believe that post is nearly 7 years old, but I am slightly flattered that Garnerville saw fit to copy and paste it soon after I put it up, and issued it to new Student Officers on SID. They did, of course, amend it, and move bits of it around so it won't look like a blatant rip off. I don't mind. If it helps one person then it served its purpose.

-Shield.

• Advertisement
Advertisement