Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭edisonolmy

According to Facebook, Tralee is starting Jan 24. No route details yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Anyone know if Poppintree is runnable with a standard enough buggy?

Have emailed them but just in case anyone knew.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Thanks

Afaik all parkruns are buggy friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

menoscemo wrote: »
    Afaik all parkruns are buggy friendly

Oldbridge ain't! It's all on grass and quite cross country like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭plodder

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Thanks
    Haven't been there, but I think it's all on paths. Most parkruns are on paths, though it's worth checking the course page on the website to be sure. [edit]Defo, it's all on tarmac paths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

It's probably a bit late to mention this but Malahide parkrun will be having its second birthday celebration tomorrow morning. Come along if you are at a loose end!

I did Cootehill today. They had to change the route because the heavy rain left large sections flooded. It was shin deep in parts. The alternative route was a challenge, very hilly and mucky in parts, but still enjoyable.

I'll go back in a few weeks to run the usual course because it's a nice park. Just hope it stays dry next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I missed Cootehill today because of injury, I hear there was a good turnout again though. Hopefully I'll be back doing it again in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Did Naas again today - very lucky with the weather - nice and cool and the rain stopped about 9am and started again around 10.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

plodder wrote: »
    Haven't been there, but I think it's all on paths. Most parkruns are on paths, though it's worth checking the course page on the website to be sure. [edit]Defo, it's all on tarmac paths.

Thanks, ran this morning but place was soaked so didn't bring buggy. Great event, lovely park, great people.

• Advertisement

2 Female overall winners first finishers in Dublin Parkruns today (Marlay and St Anne's). Good to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Umhlanga Parkrun in South Africa today. A couple of familiar names 1st & 2nd.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Umhlanga Parkrun in South Africa today. A couple of familiar names 1st & 2nd.

Barbara Cleary ran faster than both of them in Marlay :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Barbara Cleary ran faster than both of them in Marlay :p

They were a long way off their MP ;-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Kilkenny had a record week of 177 this week,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Saw a post on the Tymon facebook page about problems with parking. Could people not park in the Spawell?

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Saw a post on the Tymon facebook page about problems with parking. Could people not park in the Spawell?

I suggested this to the RD this morning but apparently they won't give permission and are well known for clamping cars :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

I suggested this to the RD this morning but apparently they won't give permission and are well known for clamping cars :mad:
    Ah right. Crazy since they have loads of space especially at 9:30 on a Saturday morning. I use the garden center a lot and its always empty in the mornings. Just get people to buy a packet of seeds or something.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Not really the thread for it but will ask anyway. While on the way to the St Anne's race this morning driving along the coast I noticed a race of some sorts underway. They had a big tent up with a High 5 one aswell and a clock, the clock was showing 8:55:xx, I was just wondering if anybody knew what it was..?

118 for the Hartstown inaugural. I'm told there were plenty of giant puddles which made it interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

edisonolmy wrote: »
    118 for the Hartstown inaugural. I'm told there were plenty of giant puddles which made it interesting.

Yep, I ran this.
    There was a lot more flooding than that so the RD amended the route so that we only had to go through the flood twice and totalled about 20 footsteps. Nice course which is very flat (almost as flat as St. Anne's). there was a few tight corners this week but with the course likely to revert back to plan from next week I'll reserve judgement.
    As a result of the amended course my GPS measured 5.25km. No issues with this as it's not long by very much. Strangely my time was 30secs quicker on the official results than on my watch so I wonder did they credit everyone with the same 30 seconds or was there some other anomaly.

Regardless, a very fast course that I'll be returning to lots in the future.

I like the sound of "very fast course".

Cootehill had to re-route again this week and use the hilly course. No results issued either. Must have been a technical issue.

While I know results aren't the be all and end all for most people taking part, I'd have been a bit miffed had I driven down and not even received credit for the run.

I still hope to get back to Cootehill - probably plan it next time we have a prolonged heatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bisso

belcarra wrote: »
    Yep, I ran this.
    There was a lot more flooding than that so the RD amended the route so that we only had to go through the flood twice and totalled about 20 footsteps. Nice course which is very flat (almost as flat as St. Anne's). there was a few tight corners this week but with the course likely to revert back to plan from next week I'll reserve judgement.
    As a result of the amended course my GPS measured 5.25km. No issues with this as it's not long by very much. Strangely my time was 30secs quicker on the official results than on my watch so I wonder did they credit everyone with the same 30 seconds or was there some other anomaly.

Regardless, a very fast course that I'll be returning to lots in the future.

I ran Hartstown too. Very flat and fast as you say. The puddles were an interesting addition and added to the fun I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I see Marlay parkrun is cancelled this week, just flagging it up here to save people a wasted journey ...
    Due to the Craft Fair taking place in the park, Marlay parkrun will be cancelled this Saturday 29th November. For a list of alternative parkrun venues in the Dublin area see http://www.parkrun.ie/events/

https://www.facebook.com/marlayparkrun

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

parkrun Ireland just posted that the "offical" barcodes can now be delivered to Ireland without needing to jump through any extra hoops or Belfast postcode tricks.

http://www.parkrun-barcode.org.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

You can now connect your strava and parkrun profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kmjones77

Cool! Here is how:

blog.strava.com/strava-and-parkrun-join-forces-8942

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

robinph wrote: »
    parkrun Ireland just posted that the "offical" barcodes can now be delivered to Ireland without needing to jump through any extra hoops or Belfast postcode tricks.

http://www.parkrun-barcode.org.uk/

You could also buy Iron on ID Laminating Cards that do the same trick for €3 for 100 and they work just as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Downtime wrote: »
    You could also buy Iron on ID Laminating Cards that do the same trick for €3 for 100 and they work just as well.

you could, but I think the idea here is to raise funds for 'parkrun'. Its free for us to use but its not free to operate, I guess this is our way to contribute and you get a nice wristband or keyring code for the contribution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Is anyone having a problem using their Visa Debit card on that site? It won't accept mine?? I've tried two different cards and it says "there appears to be a problem with the card" ??

edit: just worked there now. I'm not sure what was going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement