Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Series 2014 Post Show Thread *results inside*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I was just happy that Team Cena won. I was thrilled to see Dolph Ziggler be the survivor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Fun show, Ambrose-Wyatt was hard-hitting, awkward ending though. "Ambrose just took out a ladder what does he have planned!? HE'S GONNA CLIMB IT AND POSE WHAT A LUNATIC FRINGE!". Tag Title was fun loved the boo-cheer dynamic with Mizdow. Adam Rose and Bunny could have happened on the pre-show or on Raw or on Main Event. Divas match was what it was, Naomi is constantly improving and always looking more confident. Main event was great fun. As Show was walking down to the ring we actually joked to each other that it's November so we're due a turn from him. Makes no sense in the sense that it makes Henry's turn completely redundant. Sting was a cool moment, however Sting looks worse than he did in TNA. His music is muck as his attire (A t-shirt and suit pants adorned with scorpions is just poor fashion) and that staredown went about 30 seconds too long. But it was a cool moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The ppv was completely and utterly nonsensical from start to finish..thought I was back in late 98/ early 1999 for a minute and russo was at the wheel, but damn was it memorable.

I thought that the main event was brilliant. I liked the divas tag team match as well, and Wyatt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ozc1jBi.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The only thing that would have made it better is if HHH had the sledgehammer and Sting appeared in the rafters with the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

Can honestly say I never thought I'd see Sting in a WWE ring! Awesome :)

Does anyone else think a Cena turn could be an eventual possibility leading from the whole "only Cena can bring the Authority back" deal?

U cud be onto something. u just never know. had heard/read the Sting rumours for a while now. Where does yesterday leave everybody - what happesns to Sting now?

I would prefer him walk out. Ever since Owen Hart's death I'd always be worried of someone dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

so ziggler won't be a whippin boy no more?

also as it's my first PPV in years it was great to see some tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so happy to see sting in the wwe like many others i have been waiting years for it to happen.

but the sad thing is the speculation is now over and there is nothing really left to look forward to in the wwe:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ugh both King and Cole. :rolleyes:

King: but what the hell is he doing here???

Cole: but why is Stinger here???
    JBL: none of his damn business I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Does anyone else think a Cena turn could be an eventual possibility leading from the whole "only Cena can bring the Authority back" deal?

So much storyline possibilities with ''Only Cena can bring back The Authority'', we can dream of such a thing, but it'll never happen.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So much storyline possibilities with ''Only Cena can bring back The Authority'', we can dream of such a thing, but it'll never happen.

May explain why they did so little with Brie being Nikki's slave though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Happy for Dolph but can't help remembering the Rhodes brothers beating the Shield and it going nowhere for them.

Or just the other times he was pushed and quickly forgotten.

He seems to have found himself in D Bryans role of the man who never gives in.

Also what is with all the Superkicks? like the DDT it's overused now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

DM_7 wrote: »
    He seems to have found himself in D Bryans role of the man who never gives in.
    Except unlike Bryan he tends to suicide any pushes by letting his mouth run and say the most stupid things...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

DM_7 wrote: »

Also what is with all the Superkicks? like the DDT it's overused now.

Thank you! Thought I was alone in thinking that! I actually commented that The Young Bucks are probably pissed off that they weren't invited to the super kick party.

Someone redit Sting's debut with Sting's WCW music:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are the Bella's back together now or is Brie just happy to get revenge on AJ for attacking her on Raw? It was weird seeing her be all happy when Nikki won

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are the Bella's back together now or is Brie just happy to get revenge on AJ for attacking her on Raw? It was weird seeing her be all happy when Nikki won

She got revenge for Daniel Bryan too, all these years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

What's Rollins Gona do now when he can't hide behind the authority now. He has no feuds set up I think.

• Advertisement

All of Show's turns seemingly:
    -Giant debuts in WCW as a heel.
    -By mid-'96 he's suddenly a tweener, or a face. Who the hell knows. One week he was feuding with the Horsemen, the next week he was facing Sting.
    -He was a face against a heel Hogan in their World title match.
    -Giant turns heel and joins the nWo weeks after losing the World title to Hogan. August of '96.
    -Four months later Giant is kicked out of the nWo. Face turn.
    -Giant joins nWo Hollywood, thus turning heel in '98.
    -January '99. The week after the Fingerpoke of Doom. Giant is kicked out of the nWo again.

-February '99, PAUL WIGHT jumps ship and debuts as a heel BY BREAKING THROUGH THE RING FROM UNDERNEATH when he interferes in Austin/McMahon cage match.
    -A little after a month later he turns face by knocking out McMahon.
    -4 months later he turns heel by tagging up with Undertaker.
    -2 months & a couple weeks later Big Show turns face when Albert and Big Boss Man do the FATHER IS DEAD storyline.
    -3 months later Big Show turns heel when Rock refuses Big Show's help against the New Age Outlaws, which pisses off Show and causes him to attack Rock.
    -3 months later (Right after WrestleMania 2000) he turns face when he starts these impersonations of wrestlers.
    -Big Show turns heel, by choke slamming Shane after Shane was recruiting guys to join WCW. This lead to the Shane/Big Show Last Man Standing Match at Backlash 2001.
    -Three months later Big Show turns face when he aligns himself with Billy Gunn to form the Show Gunns tag team.
    -Big show turns on Austin to join the nWo. April 2002.
    -Big Show returns from injury as a face. 2004.
    -Big Show is drafted to the new ECW and turns heel.
    -Big Show returns at No Way Out '08 as a face, but it was only short lived before he attacked Rey Mysterio and turned heel.
    -Two months later he turns back face during a Great Khali/Big Show feud. (Kinda by default really)
    -Five months later he turns heel by saving Vickie from Undertaker.
    -Big Show beats Jericho (captain of Team Smackdown) to earn a spot on Team Raw. Face tease. October 2009.
    -Weeks later Team Smackdown beat Team Raw at Bragging Rights due to Big Show turning on Team Raw.
    -April 2010 Big Show punches out Miz and turns face.
    -The Big Show was drafted to the Smackdown brand (he turned face and made pals with SmackDown general manager Theodore Long)
    - May 21, 2012 Big Show returns as a heel due to receiving John Laurinaitis' ironclad contract after Laurinaitis had previously fired him, and knocks out John Cena
    - March 9, 2013 (face turn) Big Show helped Randy Orton and Sheamus against the Shield.
    -At WrestleMania 29, Big Show, Sheamus, and Randy Orton lost to the Shield when Orton was pinned after stealing a hot tag from Big Show. After the match, a frustrated Big Show knocked out Orton and Sheamus for repeatedly refusing to tag him in the match.
    -August 12, 2013 (face turn) Big Show returns from some time off to help Mark Henry and Rob Van Dam fend off a Shield attack
    -October 6, 2013 after crying a lot from doing the McMahons' bidding to faces, he KOs Daniel Bryan in the main event of the Battleground PPV, a few minutes later he also KOs Randy Orton as the show goes off the air
    -October 7, 2013 Big Show returns the next night and takes out the Shield and KOs Triple H.
    -November 23, 2014 he is a part of the face Team Cena team taking on Team Authority. Turns on John Cena mid-match by KOing him and joins up with Triple H.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Someone redit Sting's debut with Sting's WCW music:

SO much better. Fun fact: By JBL calling Sting a two time NWA champion he acknowledged Sting's time in TNA.

Assuming Sting wrestles at the earliest at the Rumble (or more likely at 'Mania) it'll have been a year since he last wrestled, and going on two since he last had a great match. Wonder how sharp he'll be. He's always moved remarkably well for a man his age. Anywho, it's showtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I hope they don't do a Rock Cena and announce a match now for Wrestlmania i want to see him fight at TLC hell even put him in a tag match with Cena against Big Show and Rollins

• Registered Users Posts: 85,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

paconnors wrote: »
    What's Rollins Gona do now when he can't hide behind the authority now. He has no feuds set up I think.

A feud with Reigns or Ambrose

Will Rollins still have his security?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rollins v Ziggler with MITB on the line in a TLC or ladder match please

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Survivor series was free on the network and in many ways it seemed like one massive advertisement for it and the we itself and although it at times almost seemed like a russorific ppv i think the deserve a whole lot of new sign ups as a result.

Mizdow is great craic / similarly I'm enjoying Tyson Kidd's push and it looks like both will continue.

With the IC, US and WHC not being defended the divas like the tag titles changed hands and in this case (despite Paige/AJ being arguably more talented) its probably the most interesting title match they've had in a while at least storyline and talking point wise.

The end of Ambrose / Wyatt was odd with Dean taking out the ladder for no purpose but to pose... O wait to further point out they will fight at TLC but you know what great, twas a very enjoyable match from 2 guys who will be important players for years to come in the WWE.

Then that main event! Okay I thought I knew the result beforehand and it turned out I was right. The thing is thought if its done right I don't care if I can predict the eventual result.

Seeing Sting in a WWE ring was awesome. Honestly he does look a little old and it is hard not to think I wish it happened when he was younger and with his ild music etc but still I admit I narked out.

That alone wouldn't have been enough though, the match needed.... A Big Show turn! I jest but allowed them to get rid of Cena and (gave me a good laugh esp how he turned only for the authority to lose anyway) in turn push the guy we wanted to see pushed Dolph Ziggler. Him being the sole survivor was great, I wonder howthey will continue to push him post ppv with Cena going after the title and reigns returning to face Rollins plus a number of other faces about like Ambrose & Ryback but I won't criticize what hasn't happened as what did happen with this ppv exceeded my (honestly low) expectations by quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Survivor series was free on the network and in many ways it seemed like one massive advertisement for it and the we itself and although it at times almost seemed like a russorific ppv i think the deserve a whole lot of new sign ups as a result.

Mizdow is great craic / similarly I'm enjoying Tyson Kidd's push and it looks like both will continue.

With the IC, US and WHC not being defended the divas like the tag titles changed hands and in this case (despite Paige/AJ being arguably more talented) its probably the most interesting title match they've had in a while at least storyline and talking point wise.

The end of Ambrose / Wyatt was odd with Dean taking out the ladder for no purpose but to pose... O wait to further point out they will fight at TLC but you know what great, twas a very enjoyable match from 2 guys who will be important players for years to come in the WWE.

Then that main event! Okay I thought I knew the result beforehand and it turned out I was right. The thing is thought if its done right I don't care if I can predict the eventual result.

Seeing Sting in a WWE ring was awesome. Honestly he does look a little old and it is hard not to think I wish it happened when he was younger and with his ild music etc but still I admit I narked out.

That alone wouldn't have been enough though, the match needed.... A Big Show turn! I jest but allowed them to get rid of Cena and (gave me a good laugh esp how he turned only for the authority to lose anyway) in turn push the guy we wanted to see pushed Dolph Ziggler. Him being the sole survivor was great, I wonder howthey will continue to push him post ppv with Cena going after the title and reigns returning to face Rollins plus a number of other faces about like Ambrose & Ryback but I won't criticize what hasn't happened as what did happen with this ppv exceeded my (honestly low) expectations by quite a bit.

Id imagine Reigns v Rollins will be at Royal Rumble. Can't see Rollins being in the Rumble match.

Rollins v Cena at WM seems inevitable. Somebody noteworthy is gonna have to turn heel for balance. Ambrose v Reigns Wrestlemania?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

CSF wrote: »
    Id imagine Reigns v Rollins will be at Royal Rumble. Can't see Rollins being in the Rumble match.

Rollins v Cena at WM seems inevitable. Somebody noteworthy is gonna have to turn heel for balance. Ambrose v Reigns Wrestlemania?

Isn't the grand plan for Reigns to win the Rumble, and then face off against the champ at Mania?

Deep down, I'd love to see Rollins as the "Evolution" Triple H type champ: the guy who sneaks every match he's in, but just can't be beaten. He's a class operator, can't get enough of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Edit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Okay that was an average episode of Raw topped off with a great ending. Ziggler cleaning house and Sting coming in was the best combination of anything ever. :)

As for calling it Raw, I did actually have to double check at the beginning with Cena, Vince and The Authority in the ring that I wasn't watching the wrong thing.

Divas title match was random. Rose match was random.

Divas tag match was messy as anything, including Emma who seemed rusty and had shaken it off towards the end.

Great reaction for Mizdow in that tag match.

Ambrose/Wyatt setting up the TLC match suits them better.

And there must've been a Scotty 2 Hotty appearance as well off camera, since his pre Worm bulldog is the only move I've seen keep guys on the mat as long as Ziggler and Rollins were.
    And I know I'm no expert on the WWE rulebook, but surely knocking 2 refs out counts as outside interference.

Advertisement