Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic in the morning.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

3rd morning in a row with the light sequence wrong. Traffic horrendous. I emailed cork city council yesterday morning about it and yet nothing was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

3rd morning in a row with the light sequence wrong. Traffic horrendous. I emailed cork city council yesterday morning about it and yet nothing was done.

yeah, it was very bad this morning, again I was coming from Douglas and I hopped into the right-most lane and I noticed quite far up the queue for Kinsale roundabout there was a car just stopped in the middle lane (which was totally clear in front of him/her) and happily holding up the oncoming cars behind just to try and sneak into the left for Kinsale roundabout.

As drivers we're far too tolerant which means cheeky fcukers like that feel they can chance their arm and potentially cause a serious accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

Madness again this morning! Was backed up as far as Silversprings. They would want to get this sorted, this cant go on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

And back to Little Island (from the Kinsale roundabout!!) on the other side. Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

They had only one lane open on the dual carriage two weeks ago . It took an hour to reach the tunnel stuck in traffic .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Ah shure, they'll get around to it! I contacted them last year after they ****ed up the light sequence by Woodies. They eventually sorted it 3 or 4 months later.

yeah, it was very bad this morning, again I was coming from Douglas and I hopped into the right-most lane and I noticed quite far up the queue for Kinsale roundabout there was a car just stopped in the middle lane (which was totally clear in front of him/her) and happily holding up the oncoming cars behind just to try and sneak into the left for Kinsale roundabout.

As drivers we're far too tolerant which means cheeky fcukers like that feel they can chance their arm and potentially cause a serious accident.

+1. I genuinely can't understand the mentality of someone stopping in the driving lane of a dual carriageway / motorway with a 100 - 120 km/h limit to try and skip the queue. It's suicidal! Every single person passing should give them a good blast of the horn (to warn them of their presence of course) - unfortunately, few do.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

Was going the opposite direction this evening but the west bound lane of the south ring road looked mental again this evening.

I'd implore everyone to email cork city council about the traffic light missequence in order to get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Was going the opposite direction this evening but the west bound lane of the south ring road looked mental again this evening.

I'd implore everyone to email cork city council about the traffic light missequence in order to get it sorted.

or phone the garda traffic core to man the roundabout in lieu of the lights, they wouldn't be long getting the lights sorted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

+1. I genuinely can't understand the mentality of someone stopping in the driving lane of a dual carriageway / motorway with a 100 - 120 km/h limit to try and skip the queue. It's suicidal! Every single person passing should give them a good blast of the horn (to warn them of their presence of course) - unfortunately, few do.

The Scania bugle is a great job for that P..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Does anybody know what has been causing all the traffic near the Elysian in the mornings at about 8.15? It's absolutely crazy- the two sets of traffic lights (where the lazy Gaurd stands and ignores the traffic) behind the gaurds station heading towards the river took 20minutes again today! Monday & Tuesday this week were just as bad! It's absolutely mad. I head out towards Ballintemple from there and have no hassle with traffic once I get beyond the Sextant bar. The traffic corps clearly know there's an issue there with the lights- really annoyed there's nothing being done. That Gaurd that stands there does absolutely nothing, what is he being paid for?!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Raggaroo

This morning the left hand exit lane was full all the way back to Douglas, so if you needed to exit at the roundabout you had no choice bu to stop in the centre lane and hope to get in.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Or don't be stupid and proceed to next exit and come back!!!!!!!

Give me a route to turners cross so !

Keep going to Sarsfield roundabout..go round it and back the way you came. Then you have a choice...

1. Onto Kinsale roundabout from that side. Then onto Turners Cross either via Kinsale Road or South Link.

2. Turn off before Kinsale Roudabout and go along Tramore Road to Turners Cross.

Neither of those routes will dramatically add to your journey and more importantly they are not highly dangerous to other drivers and causing massive delays.

If somebody is stopped in a lane and another driver runs into them who is at fault ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Raggaroo wrote: »
    If somebody is stopped in a lane and another driver runs into them who is at fault ?

On the face of it, the car behind is always at fault but maybe if stopped in a lane, queue jumping a judge might take a different view.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You are. You don't hit what's in front of you.

Are you seriously defending this action?

Legally it may not be your fault if you get hit of (more likely) other cars have a tip trying to get around you but you know damn well you should not stop there. It is pure selfishness and you know that.

Ludo wrote: »
    Are you seriously defending this action?

Legally it may not be your fault if you get hit of (more likely) other cars have a tip trying to get around you but you know damn well you should not stop there. It is pure selfishness and you know that.

Are you speaking to me? Of course I am most certainly not defending the action, presumably you refer to stopping in a traffic lane like some sort of lunatic. But idiots happen, and as I said, you don't plough into what's in front of you even if it's not supposed to be there.

• Advertisement

If caught, someone stopping in the lane to queue jump could be done for dangerous driving or causing an obstruction.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Are you speaking to me? Of course I am most certainly not defending the action, presumably you refer to stopping in a traffic lane like some sort of lunatic. But idiots happen, and as I said, you don't plough into what's in front of you even if it's not supposed to be there.

Sorry..not you..added quote to give context as you got in before my reply ;)

Sorry..not you..added quote to give context as you got in before my reply ;)

Understood, fair enough chief. I didn't mean to use quite such a barking tone, either. :pac:

Worst morning this week so far alright - backed up to Douglas flyover by 8. I've been taking Sarsfield Rd instead this week, which is so quiet it's unreal. However, I guess others are doing the same because yesterday the queue from the Wilton Rd r'bout was all the way back to the ESB. Pain in the arse as I'm going down Glasheen Rd which is quiet, but most of the cars are heading for Wilton Rd to go into town but that backs up through the r;bout. Took a poster's tip above and went right around Sarsfield Rd r'bout and off at Togher. Nice and easy - and definitely faster than Kinsale Rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Just passed through the magic roundabout and there was four or five fellas working on the traffic light control box. Seems they got the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Keep going to Sarsfield roundabout..go round it and back the way you came. Then you have a choice...

1. Onto Kinsale roundabout from that side. Then onto Turners Cross either via Kinsale Road or South Link.

2. Turn off before Kinsale Roudabout and go along Tramore Road to Turners Cross.

Neither of those routes will dramatically add to your journey and more importantly they are not highly dangerous to other drivers and causing massive delays.

Number 2 can be very hit and miss in the mornings.

I drive along the Togher overpass every morning, and a lot of mornings the traffic for that Pouladuff Slip road can be a nightmare.

3 mornings alone last week the traffic was at a complete stop from that slip road all the way back to the Sarsfield roundabout.

I presume it's just the volume of traffic that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Fender bender around lunchtime earlier on the kinsale rd roundabout. And to the w****er in the beamer undercutting on the link, you're an idiot. I had a feeling he/she was going to do it. Undertook two cars, into the 'fast' lane back into the outside lane and then back into the 'fast' lane. The funny thing is that after successfully gaining a advantage traffic slowed considerably.

rosie16 wrote: »
    Fender bender around lunchtime earlier on the kinsale rd roundabout. And to the w****er in the beamer undercutting on the link, you're an idiot. I had a feeling he/she was going to do it. Undertook two cars, into the 'fast' lane back into the outside lane and then back into the 'fast' lane. The funny thing is that after successfully gaining a advantage traffic slowed considerably.

Yeah. W***ers are being constantly infuriated by people driving in the "overtaking" lane while not overtaking!
    If some w***er passes you on your left on a dual carriage way or motorway, ask yourself why you are in the lane you are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Yeah. W***ers are being constantly infuriated by people driving in the "overtaking" lane while not overtaking!
    If some w***er passes you on your left on a dual carriage way or motorway, ask yourself why you are in the lane you are in?

Ha! I totally understand and always try to be courteous. A little background. This was at rush hour where no lane was really faster. And i was stuck behind someone in the overtaking lane. I could have undertook him but i didn't.

• Advertisement

rosie16 wrote: »
    Ha! I totally understand and always try to be courteous. A little background. This was at rush hour where no lane was really faster. And i was stuck behind someone in the overtaking lane. I could have undertook him but i didn't.

Fair enough.

Generally, lane discipline in this country is atrocious. I regularly find myself passing on the inside.

Advertisement