Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Movies!

• 02-11-2014 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I see Channel 5 have started showing their regular backlog of Christmas made-for-TV movies. 3 today, 5 next Saturday! I assume they'll creep into more and more of the schedule as time goes on.

I did a quick search for 'Christmas' on my freesat box this afternoon and found 15 movies over the next week or so.

Now all I need is for After 8s to go on sale, and the tree to be up...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Was flicking through the channel or guide thingy on the TV the other day and found a Christmas channel. Didn't even know there was an Xmas channel, that said, I don't use the TV much anyway.

I'm waiting for The Santa Claus to be shown on RTE1 sometime in the next few weeks. Its my favourite Xmas movie, always has been since I was a kid so I can't wait for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Miracle on 34th street was on sky1 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

The grinch was on e4 yesterday and last week!
    We spent the day watching santa clause 1, 2 and 3 Yesterday.
    The season is upon us!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Miracle on 34th Street is on again today on Sky 1 at 2.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Home Alone 1+2. Two of the greatest movies of all time. I could watch those two movies on the hottest days of summer with the same nostalgia as I'll surely have while watching them this Christmas..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Sky Christmas channel is available from the 4th November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Just watched Miracle on 34th Street, we watched The Grinch on E4 last week & Elf on dvd the next day. Definitely getting into the spirit here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Has anyone ever seen The Christmas Box with Richard Thomas & Maureen O'Hara? Its my favorite Xmas film of all time. Gives out such a warm feeling. If anyone loves or likes the film as much as I do, its on True Entertainment or True Movies 1 tomorrow at 07:00am

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I seen that last year on True Movies! It is a lovely film. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Lots of Christmas movies on sky next weekend. Home alone 1 and 2, elf, a christmas carol and lots of others

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

Prancer is a really great Christmas movie guys if you can catch it anywhere this year. I never hear many people on about it but it's such a feelgood movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Prancer is a really great Christmas movie guys if you can catch it anywhere this year. I never hear many people on about it but it's such a feelgood movie.

OMG have this on DVD! I love this movie! I never hear anyone else talk about it either! I was just talking about it with someone last night actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I've seen it quite a few times :) That little girl must be about 30 now!

Edit: she's 34! I feel old now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I was delighted that True Movies 1 was showing Christmas movies.... but its the same ones over and over and over again!! :(
    I say I know the script of "Annie Claus", "three wise woman" and "secret santa" off by heart at this stage!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

is secret Santa good? debating weather or not to record it and watch it over the next few weeks....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

SMJSF wrote: »
    I was delighted that True Movies 1 was showing Christmas movies.... but its the same ones over and over and over again!! :(
    I say I know the script of "Annie Claus", "three wise woman" and "secret santa" off by heart at this stage!!!
    I heard Colm Hayes on 2fm last week saying he watched three wise women and it was the worst movie he's ever seen in his life?
    Is it the one with Amy Huberman?

I searched for Prancer on the Sky box and it's not there but Prancer Returns is on True Christmas on Sunday at 5. It's a sequel that was released in 2001. Hopefully Prancer will be on at some stage because I'm dying to see it now after reading about it here.

I searched for Prancer on the Sky box and it's not there but Prancer Returns is on True Christmas on Sunday at 5. It's a sequel that was released in 2001. Hopefully Prancer will be on at some stage because I'm dying to see it now after reading about it here.

*Cough, cough!* :pac:

Alicat wrote: »

Brilliant! I can use YouTube on the TV so I'll definitely watch that this week. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I heard Colm Hayes on 2fm last week saying he watched three wise women and it was the worst movie he's ever seen in his life?
    Is it the one with Amy Huberman?

Yeah that's it.... its an "ok" movie - not really a "Christmas" movie though.. its watchable when nothing else is on!!
    It only caught my attention because it was based/filmed in Ireland and not a sh*te American one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Sorry made a mistake sky christmas channel is this Friday :)

The Alistair Sim 'Scrooge' (1951) is starting on SonyMovies, sky channel 323, at 3pm. Also on the +1 channel an hour later.

Well worth a watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Nothing says it's Christmas more to me then seeing "Oliver" on the tv, it's become a tradition to watch it every Christmas now for about 16 or 17 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

The Polar Express on Channel 5 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Nothing says it's Christmas more to me then seeing "Oliver" on the tv, it's become a tradition to watch it every Christmas now for about 16 or 17 years.

What's the Roman Polanski version of Oliver like anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

alibabba wrote: »

Brilliant but not very Christmassy.

alibabba wrote: »
    Brilliant but not very Christmassy.

^ This

darker movie altogether, Ben Kinglsey does a solid performance as Fagin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

While it's great that Sky are showing christmas movies they really show some muck which are supposed to be christmas movies & the relentless repeat of them is disappointing,bad santa seems like it's on every day :(

I watched "Grumpy Old Men" last night, forgot how funny it was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Christmas isn't Christmas without 'National Lampoons Christmas Vacation' looking forward to putting that one on closer to the time, always gets me in the mood for crimbo that one... Polar express is another one we'll sit down with the kids & watch on Christmas Eve, great movie that one... not a huge fan of Christmas films (most are B movie at best rubbish) but must admit with the kids getting a bit older we'll end up watching loads in the next 5 weeks.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement