Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Carol performances

Options
  • 05-11-2014 1:19pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

One of the nicest things for me in the run up to Christmas is to go to a Christmas Carol concert and listen to a choir sing some old and hew Christmas songs. It really makes me feel Christmassy and full of good cheer (and not just cos of the mulled wine afterwards :D)

But last year they all kinda passed me by or were sold out/full by the time I found out about them or remembered to buy a ticket. I thought it might be nice to list any here that we have heard about so that no one misses out :)

I'll start with one I just got an email about yesterday.

Mooney Tunes Christmas Special 21st December in Bord Gais Energy Theatre.
    Join Derek Mooney as he celebrates the best of Irish talent in this light-hearted, rollercoaster night of Christmas entertainment with the RTÉ Concert Orchestra and a bucket-load of stellar guests.

Prepare for an abundance of laughs, cheers and, above all, surprises. The line-up includes Jack L., Rebecca Storm, Camille O’Sullivan, John Molloy and Máire Flavin, and with more to be announced at a later date this is set to be the best Mooney Tunes yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

By FAR the best Christmas concert takes place in St. Patricks Cathedral each year and is performed by Gloria, the Gay & Lesbian choir. They are incredible and always do standard carols, along with some funky versions of new and more unusual Christmas songs. I go every year and never miss it. Be aware, it fills up FAST. Last year they did ticketing for the first time. Well worth it. It's a lovely atmosphere, full of families and groups of mates.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I saw them a few times when they sang in St. Anne's Church on Dawson Street, always great fun :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

I'm sure http://www.gardinerstreetgospelchoir.com/ will be doing something.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Christmas Music and Carols in St. Ann's Church

Saturday, December 6, 2014
    7.00 PM
    St Ann’s Church
    Dawson Street, Dublin 2
    Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Another vote for Gloria DLGC in St. Patricks Cathedral! Hurry thought, tickets are selling fast!

http://entertainment.ticketsolve.com/shows/873523479/events

• Advertisement
Advertisement