Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many times do you pee in a day?

Options
  • 04-11-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just to stay healthy, I drink lots of fluids to keep myself hydrated but only pee 4 or 5 times a day. Is this healthy? Should I have more water output than this?

What do you drink during the day and how many times do you go to the toilet?

This question was asked before but the poll expired too early.

How many times do you pee in a day? 163 votes

0% 0 votes
    6% 10 votes
    15% 25 votes
    18% 30 votes
    21% 35 votes
    16% 27 votes
    6% 11 votes
    15% 25 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Thanks for this, also about 4 or 5 times if anyone gives a F***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Teaforlife wrote: »

I ain't answering your questions.

Feckin' toilet Gestapo.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Depends on how much I think about peeing on that day, if I'm bored or anxious enough I could wind up going on hourly peeing adventures.

I'm sure the volume is pretty consistent though. 3-5 times a day seems like it'd be a normal amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I sit beside the watercooler in work and Píss like a Racehorse

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Teaforlife

Save water. Pee less

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I ain't answering your questions.

Feckin' toilet Gestapo.

:mad:

It is for to pee less to save water

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just to stay healthy, I drink lots of fluids to keep myself hydrated but only pee 4 or 5 times a day. Is this healthy? Should I have more water output than this?

You want to pee more? You are not drinking enough beer, break the seal early - after the third pint is a good time. Then you will not even remember how many times you went.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

This is your third urine thread op, why so interested?

The colour of your urine is a better indicator of "normal" than how often you go to the bathroom as long as you're not going 20 times a day and waking several times at night. If it's clear and colourless or has a very light yellow hue you're adequately hydrated. If it's darker in colour you need to drink more.
    Simple as that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

I wear a nappy and don't keep count.

jester77 wrote: »
    You want to pee more? You are not drinking enough beer, break the seal early - after the third pint is a good time. Then you will not even remember how many times you went.

No I'd rather pee less since these water charges have come in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Haha :)

He's taking the piss:(

The colour of your urine is a better indicator of "normal" than how often you go to the bathroom as long as you're not going 20 times a day and waking several times at night. If it's clear and colourless or has a very light yellow hue you're adequately hydrated. If it's darker in colour you need to drink more.
    Simple as that!

Because I want to save water, and peeing less is a way of saving water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

uch wrote: »

Jaysus - that most be really annoying for people when they're getting water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

catallus wrote: »

No he's talking the piss ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I don't pee much during the day but as soon as I lie down at night, I need to pee. I could get up 4 or 5 times between going to bed and falling asleep.

You'll need to cut down on the peeing to save water, or else don't flush after you pee.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

uch wrote: »

On all fours?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Once in the morning, once before bed and maybe three or four times in between. Now, do you feel the better for knowing that OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Steppenwolfe

Oh to be young again. Poll has too few options for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

I answered 9 on the poll because providing inaccurate demographics is an unusual and proud hobby of mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Usually 5 times a day but it depends on temperature. I Piss a lot more when its cold. I remember one very cold morning I went for a walk through the forest. There was barely a dry tree left by the time I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I probably don't drink enough water, I'd only drink about 1 to 1.5 litres a day. I'd generally pee about 6 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My body has gone like clockwork in that on exactly the second day after a drinking session I'd have to pee almost twice in every hour. No exaggeration. I don't know whether I should be worried as I generally keep well hydrated and would consider my toilet visits as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Oh at least 15 times a day. Thread needs far more options for those of us with thimble sized bladders.

Oh at least 15 times a day. Thread needs far more options for those of us with thimble sized bladders.

I pee 4 times a day
    My mother pees 7 times a day
    My father pees 3 times a day
    And my gf 6 times a day

It must be just women who pee more frequently

And yeah you piss far too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

catallus wrote: »

I see what you did there, very good.

Twice or three times a day op, but it flows for a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Serious answer: I have Over-Active Bladder Syndrome. It's a bitch at times but I've learned to live with it.
    I generally use the loo at least 10 or so times throughout the day. Worst part of it is when you're absolutely bursting to go and it turns out to be a teeny little trickle. Not worth the agony! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I have a strange bladder. If I know I'm facing into a long journey without any chance of a toilet I'll need to go 5 times in the space of 10 minutes before beginning the journey. If I'm working and know the toilet is 20 yards away and I can go anytime I want I won't need to go for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I pee 4 times a day
    My mother pees 7 times a day
    My father pees 3 times a day
    And my gf 6 times a day

It must be just women who pee more frequently

And yeah you piss far too much

Weirder than how much they pee is the fact that you know how much they pee.

But yeah, women obviously have smaller bladders.

I pee when I wake up, need to pee from about 11/12 but don't generally get a chance to until when I'm leaving work at 5,then pee before bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DuMorph

As much as I can.

Advertisement