Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

flyguy wrote: »
    Posted this elsewhere but might as well add it here:
    Some deals in argos (possibly pricing error, be quick?)
    Ipad air 32gb (€389 instead of €459)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1385133/Trail/searchtext%3EIPAD+AIR.htm
    iPad mini 2 16gb (€279 instead of €309)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1424647/Trail/searchtext%3EIPAD+MINI+2.htm

Got one of the airs myself last Thursday but stock seems very low, only the odd one popping up here and there .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

flyguy wrote: »
    Posted this elsewhere but might as well add it here:
    Some deals in argos (possibly pricing error, be quick?)
    Ipad air 32gb (€389 instead of €459)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1385133/Trail/searchtext%3EIPAD+AIR.htm
    iPad mini 2 16gb (€279 instead of €309)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1424647/Trail/searchtext%3EIPAD+MINI+2.htm

Got one of the airs myself last Thursday but stock seems very low, only the odd one popping up here and there .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A lot of bikes reduced: http://argos.scanner.today/ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Anyone know if the ipads will be back at the special offer price?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Current selling price valid until 16/01/2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Marje wrote: »

Nice one,Cheers Marje

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bummer1234 wrote: »

I'd imagine it would be highly unlikely and it's a "when they're gone, they're gone" promo to clear old stock.

Apple themselves have dropped the price of the iPad Air 1 (though admittedly not as much as argos) on their site and there's a few new ones on adverts.ie too from I'd imagine people who are seriously annoyed the 2 came out a few days after they bought their 1's (I do know of one person who got a 1 as a present a few weeks and he's the biggest apple nut ever and was genuinely gutted that he didn't get a 2 - the person who bought it for him is a bit older and wouldn't really have a clue about these things but you'd think the shop assistant would have said something as he/she sold the iPad? Anyway, his is on adverts somewhere - I think - it may be ebay?).

Check http://store.apple.com/ie/buy-ipad/ipad-air

Marje wrote: »

Yeah, but that means sod all if they can't get any in - and I suspect they won't be able to - even apple themselves have sod all stock (for example it looks like all the 64GB ones are home now and they were on the apple site last Friday) so I'd imagine they'll keep what they have for themselves and keep the extra margin. I could be wrong though….but usually in cases like this the stock disappears pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

It's always worth having a look at the apple refurbished store for some bargain tablets and other apple products (not phones though)

https://www.refurb.me/ie/

Got the Millennium Falcon but very disappointed. It's just a giant lump of plastic. Well except for the satellite and cannon.....but the cannon was missing!! I'll have to head back with the blooming thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Loads of furniture 68% off!

http://argos.scanner.today/ie/

Leather sofas and table + chairs sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

K8tyxjA.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

tinodz wrote: »
    K8tyxjA.png

That Fifa 15 is a code rather than a disc version, great deal either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Autumn Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Itsabrack

I'd imagine it would be highly unlikely and it's a "when they're gone, they're gone" promo to clear old stock.

Apple themselves have dropped the price of the iPad Air 1 (though admittedly not as much as argos) on their site and there's a few new ones on adverts.ie too from I'd imagine people who are seriously annoyed the 2 came out a few days after they bought their 1's (I do know of one person who got a 1 as a present a few weeks and he's the biggest apple nut ever and was genuinely gutted that he didn't get a 2 - the person who bought it for him is a bit older and wouldn't really have a clue about these things but you'd think the shop assistant would have said something as he/she sold the iPad? Anyway, his is on adverts somewhere - I think - it may be ebay?).

It is a bit naive to think a sales person (a good sales person anyway) would introduce information that would prevent a sale from happening,
    Also if someone was gutted to get an iPad as a gift, they shouldn't be getting a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Nice one - thanks a mill!

Itsabrack wrote: »
    It is a bit naive to think a sales person (a good sales person anyway) would introduce information that would prevent a sale from happening,
    Also if someone was gutted to get an iPad as a gift, they shouldn't be getting a gift.

Sorry, perhaps I phrased that poorly. They probably weren't gutted per se, they would have preferred an iPad Air 2 as they are such apple geeks. It's not like they threw a strop at the person giving it. I guess what I'm saying is that if the person selling the iPad Air had said to them "oh, there's a newer version coming out next week, would you prefer to wait until then to buy?" then the recipient and I guess the buyer would have both been happier. That's all.

As for the sales person - do you not think they had a chance to endear themselves to the customer further and build future loyalty by postponing a sale rather than make a quick buck now and have the buyer and the recipient not trust them in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

everlast75 wrote: »
    Nice one - thanks a mill!

What's the headset like ? I remember looking at one ages ago but it was a bit expensive. Tempted now though

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's the headset like ? I remember looking at one ages ago but it was a bit expensive. Tempted now though

its a great headset, i got one from amazon recently
    this is much cheaper, great value imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Got the Millennium Falcon but very disappointed. It's just a giant lump of plastic. Well except for the satellite and cannon.....but the cannon was missing!! I'll have to head back with the blooming thing.

Any other feedback on this? Showing "available to order" now in a few stores...

its a great headset, i got one from amazon recently
    this is much cheaper, great value imo

I have a set of triton warheads for the 360. Its a great headset but no chat for the one as its a fully wireless.
    May sell that on and get this one.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Any other feedback on this? Showing "available to order" now in a few stores...

Can I just add this is a similarly made X Wing available on Amazon. Check the reviews:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Series-X-Wing-Fighter-Vehicle/dp/B00HX8NMI4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1414610576&sr=8-9&keywords=x+wing+star+wars

It's basically a lump of molded plastic. It feels cheap. Nothing opens or moves save for the radar dish and the gun. There's no playability whatsoever. It's boring. The minute I got it out of the box I hated it.

It's very light so if you get it for a child I guarantee they'll be bouncing it off the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Itsabrack

Sorry, perhaps I phrased that poorly. They probably weren't gutted per se, they would have preferred an iPad Air 2 as they are such apple geeks. It's not like they threw a strop at the person giving it. I guess what I'm saying is that if the person selling the iPad Air had said to them "oh, there's a newer version coming out next week, would you prefer to wait until then to buy?" then the recipient and I guess the buyer would have both been happier. That's all.

As for the sales person - do you not think they had a chance to endear themselves to the customer further and build future loyalty by postponing a sale rather than make a quick buck now and have the buyer and the recipient not trust them in the future?

Not in the slightest bit. If a company sales person took that stance about any product, they simply would not be around for long. There is no way the sales person should mention it, unless asked of course. As for endearing themselves to the customer, imagine going back to the owner or manager of the shop and saying, "oh, they will be back next week to buy", and the reply would be "well , lodge that". Could you imagine saying to the bank, "I will have money next week to pay the bills", and guess what, tomorrow never comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

emmetkenny wrote: »

Will it work on xbox360?

Will it work on xbox360?

It's for the xbox one

Will it work on xbox360?

No sure but I'd read up on it.

I'm going to sell my Triton Warheads a fully wireless headset for Xbox 360 which I got just before I sold my 360 and buy these for the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

It's for the xbox one

I guess that's a no then, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=258%2F3367

Anyone know what the story is with this...its new to store, but cannot find stock of it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

hjr wrote: »
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=258%2F3367

Anyone know what the story is with this...its new to store, but cannot find stock of it....

2 in Monaghan... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement