Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Fares

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

mariaalice wrote: »
    Get a leep card there the greatest thing since slice bread.

Seriously what are people doing on Dublin bus using change in this day and age, Why would anyone spend more money by using cash!!.

Its a fiver deposit to get a leep card and if you decide you don't want the card you get the fiver back.

It is something like a 15% cheaper to use a leep card.

SHILL!!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,190 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bus Eireann average wage: €50,623
    Irish Rail average wage: €53,108
    Dublin Bus average wage: €52,656

Aircoach : €37.713
    Lothian Scotland: €42,765
    First Manchester: €30,470

I have no interest in what workers in Manchester or Northern England in general earn. We are a different country with different price points and different expectations.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ultimately, cash fares should be abolished. People should simply not be provided the option to pay via cash when boarding the bus. Pre paid tickets distributed via Leap should be the only option. And don't worry, we're heading that way.
    It's either contactless or Oyster here - and tbh it works great, nobody fiddling around for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

SHILL!!!!

its the people fumbling with change that gets to me plus the sheer stupidity of using money when its cheaper to user a leep card.

Also there should be Luse's everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It's either contactless or Oyster here - and tbh it works great, nobody fiddling around for change.

It would work well here too, if the bloody leap card readers worked.

Four times in as many months, I've been told to get off the bus because the reader won't work and I haven't had change on me. I use a leap card so that I don't have to carry change!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

It would work well here too, if the bloody leap card readers worked.

Four times in as many months, I've been told to get off the bus because the reader won't work and I haven't had change on me. I use a leap card so that I don't have to carry change!

That happened to me recently, except I was allowed to stay on the bus, I think if you use it twice in quick secession ( I got two different bus's one after the other and both were short journey ) its get brain freeze or something and cant figure out what happening and wont read your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

mariaalice wrote: »
    That happened to me recently, except I was allowed to stay on the bus, I think if you use it twice in quick secession ( I got two different bus's one after the other and both were short journey ) its get brain freeze or something and cant figure out what happening and wont read your card.

I've never gotten buses in quick succession, the card reader was just fcuked :pac: a few times, they've waved me on, but it's a pain in the hole being late for work because their bloody technology won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Dublin Coach lads, the way forward ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Bus Fares are ridiculous - they should be easy i.e. 1 euro, 1.50 and 2 euro etc, so you dont have to fumble for 5 and 10 cents
    LEAP cards should be able to be topped up online, or via phone - heck you should be able to use your phone to pay for the bus
    or bank card contact less payments
    integrated ticketing is almost there with leap but needs to be universal on BE, IE, Arrow, DART, LUAS, and BUS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

SHILL!!!!

Couldn't be, she can't even spell LEAP correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Hopefully created a new thread here :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement