Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damned temptation

Options
  • 27-10-2014 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

This is ridiculous, but I am in Switzerland for work and suddenly out of nowhere I was tempted to have a drink. I didn't..but man was I tempted

I went through every "excuse" in the book, it was only the one etc etc. But I stopped the train of thought, and instead turned towards the hotel door and went for a walk and a cup of black tea before heading to an English Speaking AA meeting that happened to be on in the city.

How did I stop the train of thought? The fact that if I had a beer, i'd be letting my wife down - she has built up a trust in me that my drinking days are over. I'd be letting myself down by going down that road all over again.

I'm glad i had the thought though, it was a real reminder as to why I am doing this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Well done. I can't imagine how hard that was for you to do.

Advertisement