Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mince Pies have arrived!!!

• 21-10-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Bought some mince pies yesterday! Ummm numm numm They should sell them all year round.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I love christmas but have never tasted a mince pie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I saw some for sale last Saturday. I was sooooo tempted but I stayed strong. I just lurve mince pies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I haven't either. I know I wont like them. I've made plenty of them but I've never eaten one.

I love that they're in the shops though!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Lisha wrote: »
    I saw some for sale last Saturday. I was sooooo tempted but I stayed strong. I just lurve mince pies :)

Sing it sister! I force myself to stay off until at least December 1st. It's not easy!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got 2 boxes from Sainsburys a few weeks ago,they were gorgeous :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I got 2 boxes from Sainsburys a few weeks ago,they were gorgeous :)

Same. I think M&S have the edge though :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I dunno the Sainsburys ones are delicious.
    I opened the 2nd box after dinner:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Dunnes have theirs in now also, must buy their simply better mincemeat if it's in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Forget the mince pies. Lidls German and Italian christmas stuff is amazing. I adore their Stollen and marzipan( I used to hate it until I tried the Lidl one, which is proper German marzipan). Also their Pandoro and Panetonne is made by the same company that all the Italians buy in Italy. I used to work for a shop that sold them in Dublin and they charged twice the price for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bought some pies in dunnes today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Top tip.

Buy a litre of vanilla ice cream & some mince pies.

Break up mince pies, eat about 15% of the ice cream, mix everything up together & refreeze. Nice surprise to find about March in the freezer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

I want some too! I need to find a good place to get them around me though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Miss MC.W.

I haven't either! Only tasted my first ever mince pie last Christmas and have to say I reeeally liked them :-)
    This year, I've already started stocking up on them to make sure there's plenty. Yum! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I want some too! I need to find a good place to get them around me though!!!

The Dunnes butter ones are amazing. I used to find the Dunnes own brand to be ok. But they have upped their game and the butter mince pies are as good as M&S ones

Advertisement