Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish people abroad who just won't shut up moaning about Ireland

• 23-10-2014 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

I'm sick of reading online comments from Irish people who have moved abroad and just moan about Ireland.

"It's a ****hole"
    "I hate that place"
    "Thank god I left that miserable dump"
    etc.
    etc.

You didn't like living here, so you pissed off to start a new life. So, shut the **** up and get on with enjoying your new life you miserable arsehole.

Rant over.

:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Irish people moaning? Goodness, don't tell me things like that, I just wont believe you. I'm so shocked my monocle has fallen out.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

So, you're complaining about people complaining? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Yes! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

The ironing is delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ireland is lovely.
    A lot of grubby pricks living here make it miserable for many folk though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I like getting away every now and then but my favourite bit of every trip I've ever been on is that first view of Ireland as you fly back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

They really let us down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

If there's anything that annoys me more than people moaning about Ireland, it's people moaning about people moaning about Ireland. Actually no maybe it's just Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,395 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Ireland is full of Irish.

If there's anything that annoys me more than people moaning about Ireland, it's people moaning about people moaning about Ireland. Actually no maybe it's just Ireland.

If you're annoyed, it's only a matter of time before you moan about it. No, wait...eh

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Ireland is full of Irish.

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I find it's the opposite. Many of my friends who live outside the country often view it with rose tinted glasses and my friends who still live there complain about paying for stuff every other first world country pays for,corrupt incompetent government and of course the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Marsden wrote: »
    The ironing is delicious.

No it's not. The ironing is a pain in the hoop.

I find it's the opposite. Many of my friends who live outside the country often view it with rose tinted glasses and my friends who still live there complain about paying for stuff every other first world country pays for,corrupt incompetent government and of course the weather.

Yep, there's that sort too. Probably left years ago.

I find it's the recently departed whinging out about property tax or water or whatever. Why do you care?? YOU LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,395 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Have you ever met an Irish person?
    Complaining is genetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

daveyeh wrote: »
    I'm sick of reading online comments from Irish people who have moved abroad and just moan about Ireland.

I'm just a sick of listening to people here moaning about Ireland. The government are only looking after the rich people, we have a third world health service, water this and water that ......

From living abroad, I have always found that people look at Ireland through rose tinted glasses, being honest. Personally, I think they get a dose of reality when they move abroad and they have to pay their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I haven't been in Ireland in two years, amn't I deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

As above in my experience, generally people become more appreciative of how good a country it is when they leave.

Do you know many moaners abroad OP, or this an imagination thing?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I haven't been in Ireland in two years, amn't I deadly!

Need more information than this to accurately answer your deadliness question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I am pie wrote: »
    As above in my experience, generally people become more appreciative of how good a country it is when they leave.

I nearly got attacked recently for telling people that it is a very easy and cheap place to live. Life in London, NY (Lower Manhattan) or Houston is a much harder than here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Ireland is a magnificent place. If it wasn't being run by such incompetent people, we would all have much more money and time to enjoy it to the full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Don't particularly want to live in Ireland right now but I do think I'll go back eventually.

Its a grand spot.

I am pie wrote: »

I know 14 people (family/friends) that have moved abroad. More than half of them seem to spend most of their time on social networks bitching about this country. One starts and loads join in, ****ing hell lads, grow up and enjoy what you have!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

daveyeh wrote: »
    Need more information than this to accurately answer your deadliness question.

Well if I said the positives it would sound like I'm gloating.

I don't moan about Ireland, the nature is unrivaled, the meat and diary is spectacular. The rest is pretty **** though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

This is a huge bug bear of mine. I hate people who moan non stop about the country. I was doing a course last Saturday and there was a woman there who just spent the whole day talking about how **** everything is. The govt, the water, the schools, religion, the price of everything, they're all a pack of crooks etc etc. It is so draining to listen to. One girl (a primary school teacher) was talking about the art she does with the kids and even something positive and pleasant like that sent your woman off for another five minutes on the schools, and the fees, and how all the teachers are useless and the price of the books. I felt like hitting her over the head. Shut up! Just shut up!! Life can be hard enough at times without constant negativity! Can't stand those people.

I felt like hitting her over the head. Shut up! Just shut up!! Life can be hard enough at times without constant negativity! Can't stand those people.

:pac::pac::pac:

That's it in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Had to leave Ireland to pursue my education and profession. Came back over qualified and highly skilled for said profession. Barely two weeks in the job and I was told by a colleague that I will always be viewed as an outsider (This was in Dublin btw). The fact the everybody loved me, seemed to make me more of a threat to senior management. One of these managers had spent an internship several years earlier in the UK with me, where I had mentored and trained them. Now they were looking down their nose at me. I realised then that who you know, not what you know will never die in Ireland. It's too small, too parochial for that to ever change. Sadly I left Ireland again because of the professional small mindedness and cliques. And thankfully, I have now reached the pinnacle of my profession. I have been rewarded for my skill and ability. Rather than where I was from, or what my Father worked at. So nobody's going to tell me I have no right to moan about Ireland, especially since I was driven out of it and would still be there thanks to a shower of c**ts.

Wah wah wah

• Registered Users Posts: 32,876 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I have exactly the opposite gripe: say something even slightlty cirtical about Ireland and you get jumped on.

"You don't like the weather? **** off so to somwehre hotter!" (I picture peope sitting in deckcharis and swimshorts on rainswept beaches)

"Public transport is grand! Best in Europe" (i.e. "We have cars - what would we need public transport for?")

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I'm temporarily living abroad and actually appreciating Ireland much more since I left! I really do think the Irish are incredibly friendly people. I'll be back in December and I imagine the Ireland I've built up in my head will fade away but I do miss it. Of course it rains where I am even more than it does in Ireland so the weather's not a factor for me.

Advertisement