Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Intake 7

• 17-10-2014 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Thread for all us lucky intake 7 people!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Winnie8

Count me in! Looking forward to it.
    Going to start studying this weekend as the rumour is there is a test on it the first Tuesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lo14

Winnie8 wrote: »
    Count me in! Looking forward to it.
    Going to start studying this weekend as the rumour is there is a test on it the first Tuesday!

I know... Do our next modules open after the induction I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Count me in

It's so exciting to finally be here :) wonder will there be letters at home today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Winnie8

Yes I asked yesterday and we can access it again after induction. I printed it all out so best get reading eeekkk!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Congrats ladies/gents!!!! Im very jealous! Lol

Due to a medical hold up, il not be getting a call for a while!!

Fingers crossed for group 8 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Congrats ladies/gents!!!! Im very jealous! Lol

Due to a medical hold up, il not be getting a call for a while!!

Fingers crossed for group 8 :-)

I'll be with you bro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 puggy33

Intake 7 loyal :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 coka67

Just wondering how long ago you all did medical? I had mine approx 2 weeks ago...does anyone know roughly how long before I hear anything? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

coka67 wrote: »
    Just wondering how long ago you all did medical? I had mine approx 2 weeks ago...does anyone know roughly how long before I hear anything? Thanks

When did your online learning close?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

coka67 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 18 coka67

Dr_watson wrote: »

Mid september :)

My medical was end of august

Hopefully our packs come through over the weekend :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KT0903

Hi all! Got the call yesterday. Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

No letter yet! Nearly jumped the poor postman this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tron2000

Starting to lose hope/the will to live. Passed my medical in September and still no wiser if I'll be getting 'the call' or not. Would love the wait to be over.

Massive congrats to you all who got word.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 loggingfolk

I suppose this question might be answered in our information pack when we get them or at least at the induction but in the meantime does any of you know if we get a couple of days leave from training at Christmas. Christmas day, boxing day etc? Im sure the training staff wouldnt want to work those days even though the force is 365 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tron2000

I suppose this question might be answered in our information pack when we get them or at least at the induction but in the meantime does any of you know if we get a couple of days leave from training at Christmas. Christmas day, boxing day etc? Im sure the training staff wouldnt want to work those days even though the force is 365 days.

A friend who is already a few weeks in is under the impression they are getting Christmas day and boxing day.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you get Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Years Day.

• Advertisement

I know 2 people in the intake before us and they have said it's xmas day, Boxing Day and New Years day.

What happens if you need 1 day off during the 22 weeks training? Got a brother getting married in May 2015 and if my medical appeal goes to plan il hopefully be in next batch of calls.

Sorry if this is in wrong thread.

When I got the call the woman on the phone said no leave

oztop1234 wrote: »
    When I got the call the woman on the phone said no leave

She made that quite clear to me also although in sure there will be some people off at some stage due to illness.

Cheers guys!!

Might have to throw a sickie that day ;-) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

I've heard of people in the past getting out for a few hours so you never know but it'll likely be a last minute thing. Depends what stage of training you're at I guess.

Is there any info online with regard to what to expect from the induction weekend/ Did I read somewhere on the boards that you can bring a partner along on the first day or am I imagining this?

Anyone recieve induction pack yet?

KT0903 wrote: »
    Anyone recieve induction pack yet?

No I'm hoping it comes today

• Advertisement

Mine just arrived

Advertisement