Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Meetup - November 8th - 8:30pm JW Sweetmans

Options
  • 11-10-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

It has been agreed this will take place on Novemver 8th at 8:30pm in JW Sweetmans.

Howdy mes amis. Was just wondering if anyone fancied a forum meetup. I haven't been to one in a while unfortunately and if there was any interest I'm sure we could see something through!

I might be a bit optimistic if there could be one for October (fancy dress anyone? :pac:) but if there's interest like myself I'm game. Or I'll chance my arm, or an early November one either.

Any ideas you can shoot away; twas only an idea really.

Meetups were a bit of a laugh in the past and would hate to see them fade away! Could be a great source for people to meet like-minded people, and also for craic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I haven't been on a board meet up since the internet was a foetus.

I wholeheartedly approve of the sentiments above. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm interested but November suits me more.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newbie90

Haven't been to one in a while but certainly interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Super would be great to have another meetup again soon :) it's been to long. Wouldn't like it to fade away either Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

this is relevant to my interests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Daith

Sounds good :) Fully agree that they shouldn't fall to the wayside.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lucasmaximus

Have had good intentions to attend previous meetups, will definitely go to this one whatever, wherever and whenever it transpires to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Well I'd imagine November would be far more feasible for people at this stage to book ahead and see what their plans are. What are people's thoughts on the 8th/9th or 15th/16th of November? It doesn't bother me a whole pile on the dates!

Prob 8/9th for me

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tony91

Would be great get to a meet up. 9th would suit me best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 newbie90

The 8/9th should suit me!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

8/9th would be good just need to book accom in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Never been to a Boards meetup! 8/9th would be perfect :)

Is there ever a preferred venue for such shenanigans?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lucasmaximus

8/9th is good for me too, im easy venue-wise aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 babysock88

I'd be on for this...November suits me better too although the 8th I have a course during the day but other dates could work!!

Well if someone wants to organise a day-type meetup feel free. I sadly can't because of travel to Dublin. But if it's a nighttime-ish meetup people want, we usually meet around 8.30 onwards at a pub. Anyone and everyone is free to join at whatever time and wherever we are. Whatever suits you, suits us.

Usually people meet somewhat central as it's easiest for everyone. Sweetman's is a good choice if it's not too packed, but if there's another one out there. I don't want to be bossy or anything xD

Sunday nights wouldnt suit me with no Dublin Bus nitelink!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ash885 wrote: »
    Well if someone wants to organise a day-type meetup feel free. I sadly can't because of travel to Dublin. But if it's a nighttime-ish meetup people want, we usually meet around 8.30 onwards at a pub. Anyone and everyone is free to join at whatever time and wherever we are. Whatever suits you, suits us.

Usually people meet somewhat central as it's easiest for everyone. Sweetman's is a good choice if it's not too packed, but if there's another one out there. I don't want to be bossy or anything xD

Given that you're the one who suggested this meetup and night time suits you I'd say just go for nightime beers again!

Sweetmans is fine and nice and central.

Daith wrote: »
    Given that you're the one who suggested this meetup and night time suits you I'd say just go for nightime beers again!

Sweetmans is fine and nice and central.

Now that you mention it, I'm saying that the dress code will be Country Western :pac:

Well it let's people pop in and out without much of a fuss if that suits. There'll be a small patrol possibly going onwards to another bar/club and if that isn't your scene (terrible pun), you can always head off early. It's as relaxed as that!

I'd reccomend it to those recently saying they don't have many gay friends (boy or girl), or those with similar interests. 'Tis nice to have a few friends who know what it's like! But it's not an agony aunt session either! bit of fun and drinks and all that jazz will be bang tidy.

• Advertisement

So assless chaps are compulsory?

So assless chaps are compulsory?

Well duh!

Just making sure. Can't be the weirdo in jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CoffeeAdict

Not too sure how I'll be fixed until closer the time but I'd like to go

Can we take it as read that it's gonna be in Sweetmans aka Messrs anyway?

I'm for that venue yup. If the mood takes us we can hit a few others and a nightclub if there's interes in the wee hours!

Sound! I guess I have to go now! HA HA!

Anyone who wants to know more or has any questions, feel free to PM me.

Meetups have been a great way to expand your friendship and get your head around certain things! Previous threads show it's a great use to people so if you're able to! All ages, genders and hair colours welcome.

I don't have hair ;-)

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Question, is Sweetman's loud? I've been before but think it was early enough and not packed. I literally can't hear people talking in packed noisy bars...

Advertisement