Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completely inappropriate Halloween costumes

Options
  • 15-10-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

What was the most mind blowingly inappropriate you've ever seen??

Mine was when I was in primary school during an assembly they got all the kids to stand up class by class at the top of the hall and the principal would give out a prize for the best one.

When the lads in 6th class stood up, he was my friends brother. He was wearing a black bomber jacket, a pair of jeans, sun glasses and a toy toy Uzi submachine gun. When the principal got to him he asked him what he was dressed as he produced a clear plastic tightly packed with sugar from inside the jacket and said a drug dealer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I don't know when Halloween changed from dressing up asghosts, witches and monsters etc into an excuse for tiresome exhibitionists to dress up as Bin Laden or whatever other bete noire du jour, but I am glad it happened.

It's nice that those that need to be avoided readily identify themselves, I only wish it happened more frequently during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

didn't two girls dress up as the twin towers recently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Dressing up as Jimmy Savile isn't particularly original - although dressing up as one of his victims might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Santa suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mankini. Completely inappropriate for the time of year. Sure you'd freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I wanted to dress up in a Nazi coustume in South France for a halloween party but I would have got put in intensive care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

stimpson wrote: »

Down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Not Halloween, but I liked this.

My niece's school had a Diwali festival and the kids were all told to wear traditional Indian dress.

They all turn up on the Friday in the usual stuff, sari, bindi etc except one girl, whose mother dressed her up as Pocahontas.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    didn't two girls dress up as the twin towers recently!

People have been doing that one since Halloween 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Any of them costumes pre-fixed with "sexy"......."sexy nurse","sexy teacher".....etc. Halloween is for kids ffs....

Quite alright to wear.....just not for trick or treating......well not door to door anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Behold the ebola Halloween costume, expected to be a serious contender this year.

Genius idea or too soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I go as a tortoise every year.

Turn up in my nude with the wife on my back.

When people ask what I came as, I tell them a tortoise. Whem they point at the wife (also naked) and ask what about her? I just tell them, AH that's Michelle. ;)

beks101 wrote: »
    Behold the ebola Halloween costume, expected to be a serious contender this year.

Genius idea or too soon?

If the recent reports are anything to go by, they're probably as effective as the real chem suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I go as a tortoise every year.

Turn up in my nude with the wife on my back.

When people ask what I came as, I tell them a tortoise. Whem they point at the wife (also naked) and ask what about her? I just tell them, AH that's Michelle. ;)

My wife got a blue permanent marker and coloured one of her tits in blue , went to a Halloween party with a low cut dress , every time anyone asked her who she was dressed up as , she showed a bit of cleavage saying that she was a small garden bird, a Blue Tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Sexy snowman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I dressed up as Steve Irwin the year he died just before Halloween. Complete with barb sticking out of chest. I got serious abuse.

I dressed up as Steve Irwin the year he died just before Halloween. Complete with barb sticking out of chest. I got serious abuse.

FFS like as if some member of his family was going to be in Ireland for Halloween... Some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 reddit101

Seen one called "pizza slut"
    In case anyones wondering its a slutty pizza hut servers costume. Pretty classy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I was annoyed at the over-saturation of the Walter White suits last year.

But will doff my cap to anyone who converts said Breaking Bad costume into an Ebola one.

Though you'd want to be a dry ****e to be outraged over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I remember a suicide bomber in trinity rooms Limerick one year, browned up face with fake tan and was wearing a turbin and army fatigue jacket with candles strapped together and wires underneath.

Very distasteful, didn't go down well, guy just looked like a knob.

Robin Williams, complete with the paraphernalia from his last moments alive, has been suggested on other discussion sites.

I'm thinking someone will do that in Ireland to seek media attention - but if it happens, I really hope they are just ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Went to a charity fancy dress ball last year.
    It was kind of like being at a novelty stripper convention.
    Nurses, French Maids, Policewomen, Schoolgirl, etc.

Halloween was never like that when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Robin Williams, complete with the paraphernalia from his last moments alive, has been suggested on other discussion sites.

I'm thinking someone will do that in Ireland to seek media attention - but if it happens, I really hope they are just ignored.

Terrible to think how somebody would consider going out in public like that, Robin Williams aside a lot of people would have personal experience with such tragedy. The last thing they want to see on a night is some idiot with a noose around his neck thinking he's a 'gasman'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

was working in pub couple halloweens back, chap came in with a josef fritzl mask and a girl on dog leash following behind him

Tbh it was hilarious but in fairness it was definitely completely inappropriate

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I was at a halloween party in 2007 which was like some sort of inappropriate costume convention! Among the worst ones were:

The girl who dressed up as a used tampon
    Her boyfriend who dressed up as a used condom
    A guy who dressed up as a dick & balls (two people came dressed as gentlemen vegetables, they had a fight in the back garden later in the night to determine who was king dick)
    Two guy who came dressed up as milk cartons, like the ones in the Blur 'Coffee & TV' video. Only each of these guys had one of those missing kid pictures on the side. One of them had a picture of Madeleine McCann and the details under the picture said stuff like 'most likely killed by parents' and the like. The other guy had Jon Benet Ramsay with similar text underneath.

Terrible to think how somebody would consider going out in public like that, Robin Williams aside a lot of people would have personal experience with such tragedy. The last thing they want to see on a night is some idiot with a noose around his neck thinking he's a 'gasman'.

Totally agree. There are plenty of ways to be edgy and outrageous without having a cheap laugh at the most vulnerable people in society.

Is the ghost of Robin Williams really the most vulnerable person in society? The man himself regularly used alcoholics and substance abusers for laughs. Its called comedy.

• Advertisement

Is the ghost of Robin Williams really the most vulnerable person in society? The man himself regularly used alcoholics and substance abusers for laughs. Its called comedy.

Well, if you show me where he made fun of named individuals who recently took their own lives, we'll take it from there as regards him.

But I was thinking of people who are contemplating suicide.

Advertisement