Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how easy is it to grow your own cannabis?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Karl Stein wrote: »
    You missed a few.
    Feminists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I expect Bongalongherb to be totally opposed to this, the narc! :mad:

Opposed to what ? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Tigger wrote: »
    This thread is doing surprisingly well
    The straights must be out

Anyway as above don't mix males in with your females or the bud will go to **** if you are using lamps then it's mainly blue wit a lite red doff the first stage the. Mainly red with a little blue for the flowering stage
    The time under lamp / time
    In darkness thing is important so google that

Thanks

How many kw/hrs or electricity cost are we talking

And what's the approx time from start to finish

I'll probably Google all the info later if it seems viable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Feminists?

If they're not trying to wipe out the male of the species they're trying to wreck da bleedin' buzz.

Opposed to what ? :confused:
    I am messing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There used to be an amazing site called overgrow.com. It's been gone years but it covered everything you ever needed to know. I think I may have memorised that site.

A nice amateur method is called SOG (see of green) google it. Even for people who don't want to grow weed there are some interesting horticultural tips. You make sure you have the right lighting (not just because it's an indoor plant. Plants decide when to flower/bud/etc based on the seasons. so you can make a plant flower by changing the hours it gets light to the same as it would be in the season it flowers). Get the right soil. Not hard to do, but if you don't bother and just chuck in peat moss the it can destroy the roots due to the acidity/alkalinity and bad drainage) and make sure it's trimmed/fimmed correctly (Fimming is clipping buds during the growing stage).

I haven't grown in years but it's a hobby you can really get into. If your interested, read about it online. There are probably a load of sites that will give you the basics. Hell, there are probably ebooks you can buy. maybe even amazon. One thing, the plants can stink. Think twice before doing it in a populated area :)

Karl Stein wrote: »
    If they're not trying to wipe out the male of the species they're trying to wreck da bleedin' buzz.
    And look at how phallic a joint is. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

With decent bulbs probably 2.4 kWh per day for about 12-14 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

With decent bulbs probably 2.4 kWh per day for about 12-14 weeks

That will cost a fortune unless you bypass the meter.

I am messing.

You had me going there for a minute :D

• Advertisement

Whatever you do, don't even think of growing one with low power lights, like those energy saver ones folk use in their abode. If you are thinking of growing one for personal use, then make sure you get the correct power lights for the grow or you will be just wasting your time. The correct lighting you need would be a clear white and also a blue-white or warm white. You should also have a red as well when the plant comes to flowering time, and use these three lights together and the buds will be like megaliths.

The more Lumens the better.

Actually it's all down to penetration. the HPS (Sodium) bulbs have a greater penetration. You can use energy savers if 1) the place is warm anyway and 2) you have loads of them. Energy savers have a very low penetration so one plant would need a few strategically placed. the HPS is better because it's easier, but it costs a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

That will cost a fortune unless you bypass the meter.

How much is a kWh these days ?
    It's about 40€ per cycle
    Could feasibly get three plants off that
    Yield of 9-10 g of bud off that
    Enough to go to jail for 5 years or get high for 6 months

You had me going there for a minute :D
    Oh yeh, paranoid smoker. :rolleyes:

:pac:

How much is a kWh these days ?

I havent a clue, meter is bypassed at home.

Grayson wrote: »
    Actually it's all down to penetration. the HPS (Sodium) bulbs have a greater penetration. You can use energy savers if 1) the place is warm anyway and 2) you have loads of them. Energy savers have a very low penetration so one plant would need a few strategically placed. the HPS is better because it's easier, but it costs a fortune.

Sure, but if you want big buds the size of basket-balls, then it's better to pay the bit extra for good lights. Those energy savers are just no good, waste of time.

I'm with these folk here...A lot of good information... http://boards.cannabis.com/forum.php#cannabis-world

Feminists?

If you do get a male, and it hasn't fertilised a female, you can make nice hash. See, males aren't completely useless. They have uses besides knocking up the females.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Seriously? Must learn how to do that....
    I havent a clue, meter is bypassed at home.

Oh yeh, paranoid smoker. :rolleyes:

:pac:

No. Just highly curious.

percy212 wrote: »
    Seriously? Must learn how to do that....

Its piss easy, just post on the electrical or diy forum for indepth instructions.

Sure, but if you want big buds the size of basket-balls, then it's better to pay the bit extra for good lights. Those energy savers are just no good, waste of time.

I'm with these folk here...A lot of good information... http://boards.cannabis.com/forum.php#cannabis-world

I won't disagree. but the bulbs do cost a fortune.

Actually, after I typed that I googled it. When I went shopping years ago they were a minimum of 100 quid. They're a lot less now. They would be more expensive to run, but a cheaper outlay at the beginning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Henry Place

He and she are not varieties, they are genders. There are two varieties, indica and sativa, they are both easy to grow but indica is used mainly for it's fibres (hemp). Males make pollen, pollen gets into the flowers of the female and then she makes seeds, if you want to get high by smoking it, you do not want seeds, you want the flowers to grow big and sticky. The plant begins to flower when it receives equal amounts of light and dark, for some peculiar reason 12 hours seems to work best, but industrial growers use cycles as little as 1 hour, while some connoiseurs use cycles in excess of 15 hours. There are thousands of resources online for you to learn and as many to sell you equipment. You don't need much. Good luck, Jah bless the harvest.

Grayson wrote: »
    I won't disagree. but the bulbs do cost a fortune.

Actually, after I typed that I googled it. When I went shopping years ago they were a minimum of 100 quid. They're a lot less now. They would be more expensive to run, but a cheaper outlay at the beginning

There is also another less power hungry way... LEDS. They sell some good ones and the quality of the plants are very high while using this lighting.

http://www.theweedblog.com/how-to-pick-the-best-led-grow-lights/

There is also another less power hungry way... LEDS. They sell some good ones and the quality of the plants are very high while using this lighting.

No heat off leds, wasting your time with that.

They didn't even exist 10 years ago when I grew. :D

No heat off leds, wasting your time with that.

you just need a warm room preferably 26°c, you do have home heating I assume ?. :rolleyes:

Non runner for me anyhow because of the stink
    I get a lot of official type people calling to the house
    And my mom

you just need a warm room preferably 26°c, you do have home heating I assume ?. :rolleyes:

I drink lunatic soup from autumn to spring so dont feel the cold.

Non runner for me anyhow because of the stink
    I get a lot of official type people calling to the house
    And my mom

Light smelling Low-riders is what you want. Small with plenty of bud and easy to control the smell.

Light smelling Low-riders is what you want. Small with plenty of bud and easy to control the smell.

When you say control the smell?

How is that achieved?

• Advertisement

Can some one link a dummy diy grow kit for the op?

Advertisement