Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NSTC Turbografx 16

Options
  • 23-09-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

As a result of having the greatest boyfriend in the world I am now the proud owner of an NSTC Turbografx 16!

I had a look around online and I can't really figure out how to get it to work on my PAL TV but information about the process is really thin on the ground so I was hoping some of you guys might have an idea of what I could do!

I have waited this long to have a Turbografx, I cannot let it slip through my fingers!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

paperwork wrote: »
    As a result of having the greatest boyfriend in the world I am now the proud owner of an NSTC Turbografx 16!

I had a look around online and I can't really figure out how to get it to work on my PAL TV but information about the process is really thin on the ground so I was hoping some of you guys might have an idea of what I could do!

I have waited this long to have a Turbografx, I cannot let it slip through my fingers!!!

What are your problems in connecting it to the tv, is it the voltage difference or display cables? Console Goods in the uk hold stock of pc engine bits and pieces. If you look at their page you will see a pc engine section on the left hand menu. I don't know myself if the tips of the psu would be different, you could ask around to make sure before you buy anything.

If you create a new thread over on the Arcade & Retro section a few of the lads have pc engine's, I don't have one myself :( Start a new thread over there and someone should be able to help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Get the lingo right, you're now a PC Engine owner ;) Better than those filthy TG16 owners! :P

Anyway, as above, what exactly are your problems? The Arcade & Retro forum is probably better suited to your query, unless the complications you're having are as a result of some kind of video mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

Oh I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it to work on a PAL TV. Some sources say that if I do an RGB mod it will work on a PAL TV but there are a few ways to do that, but I don't want to put in all that effort just to find it doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oh I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it to work on a PAL TV. Some sources say that if I do an RGB mod it will work on a PAL TV but there are a few ways to do that, but I don't want to put in all that effort just to find it doesn't work.

Doesn't it not just work if you use a scart lead? My own PC Engine is RGB modded & has a lovely picture via scart

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

Oh so I can just get any Scart that fits the connector and it could work? Deadly, I'll give that a bash, thanks man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 byrdbrayn

Looks like you're going to have to get the soldering gun out!

Advertisement