Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair - New reserved seating structure(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

timmy4u2 wrote: »
    Four in a row! Are you going to the States?:)

Ya know what I mean :-D seats A B C and D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭timmy4u2

km79 wrote: »
    Ya know what I mean :-D seats A B C and D
    I do....but temptation won

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I'm heading to the canaries for 7 days next Tuesday, Would I be right in saying that I can't check in for my return flight until I'm actually on my holiday?

Pain in the hole if so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I'm heading to the canaries for 7 days next Tuesday, Would I be right in saying that I can't check in for my return flight until I'm actually on my holiday?

Pain in the hole if so

Yes unless you can do it before you leave home on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Pain in the hole if so

No, you can check in upto 30 days in advance if you would like to to pay for a specific seat. If you want a free seat, it is 7 days in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mammy bear

I logged on at 12 midnight 7 day before my flight next week and was given row 17A,B,C only problem is I'm traveling with my 3 children one is an infant, And it give me emergency exit seats crazy I will have to call to get it changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

It could be that the flight is operating on one of the 400's that have been leased for the summer, and as the seating is different, as far as I know rows 15&16 (open to correction on that) are the emergency exit rows, although an infant still can't be seated in the rows immediately in front or behind the emergency rows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Anyone having trouble checking in online today? Putting date of birth in and according to the site 1998 only has 6 months in it! Cant select any month after June!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

does anyone know if i check in now 10 days in advance ,pay the €5 per person for seats together (4 of us ,2 kids badddddd fliers ) will i have to pay another €5 each for the return flight a week later ????

ian...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

ianoo wrote: »
    does anyone know if i check in now 10 days in advance ,pay the €5 per person for seats together (4 of us ,2 kids badddddd fliers ) will i have to pay another €5 each for the return flight a week later ????

ian...

Yes as far as I know. The €5 is one flight so another €5 each for the return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Pain in the hole if so

I cannot believe this! I'm not usually one for complaining about Ryanair, but this move seems to be there to coerce you to pay for an allocated seat rather than gettign random free allocation. Nobody wants to think about printing boarding passes on holiday!

Tarzana wrote: »
    Nobody wants to think about printing boarding passes on holiday!

Pay the €5 then :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hotels are well used to printing boarding passes for guests, or there's Internet cafes. Really not an issue unless you make it one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Pay the €5 then :confused:
    spurious wrote: »
    Hotels are well used to printing boarding passes for guests, or there's Internet cafes. Really not an issue unless you make it one.

Why the confused smiley @ Dub in Glasgo? I realise you can pay, I just think you should be able to check in for both at the same time. You're going to have to sit somewhere, people who don't care where they sit or about sitting together (like me) shouldn't HAVE to put off checking in or have to think about printing boarding passes on holiday. It doesn't matter that it's just a fiver, all those "just a fiver"s adds up to a lot of extra money for Ryanair.

@Spurious - I'll do what I have to do, but there's no harm at all pointing out that it IS a petty move on their part.

Like I said, I have rarely complained about Ryanair in the past, but IMO, others go to far the other way with "Oh, well what do you expect, it's a budget airline" at anyone pointing out that something Ryanair does might be complete bullshít. That it's only a fiver or that you can prinit your pass on holiday really isn't the point. Just give me whatever seat, Ryanair, I don't care. Stop trying to squeeze money out of me. It's playing on people's worries about travelling; not getting the pass printed on holiday etc. There IS a definite psychological ploy there. And people can point it out and complain about it if they like.

because generally it is not that difficult to sort out checking in and printing whilst on holiday and if it is, there is a way around it

I prefer the older way of checking in although I now prefer the 'new' Ryanair so it is a small hassle that will have to be factored in when choosing Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Yeah. Best thing is to email the hotel you are staying in in advance and ask if they'll be in a position to assist in printing the boarding pass for you or pointing you in the direction of the most convenient place nearby to sort it. I agree it's an unnecessary chore while on holiday when not done in the past but a small bit of planning can make the disruption minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Why not just use the mobile app to check in and use the mobile boarding option on your phone? No extra money or printers required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

+1 on the above, travelled with ryanair at the start of August and use the QR-type code generated on my app for checking in and boarding. No hassle.

Seemed to be the only one there doing it, not sure why!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Sorry if this has been asked already

I'm just about to book a flight for 4 of use.

The last time i went with Ryanair it was €10 for the premium seats and €5 for the others.

I checked today and thats gone up to €15 for premium and €10 for standard.

I haven't book anything yet but decided that I wouldn't pre-book the seats and when checking in pick whats left and hope for some together.

But i've just read that if you don't pre-book your seats Ryanair will randomly assign you a seat.. and i'm sure they will go out of there way to make sure people don't sit with each other even if there are seats together.

Is it true they will randomly select your seat if you don't pre-book ?

• Advertisement

NeVeR wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already

I'm just about to book a flight for 4 of use.

The last time i went with Ryanair it was €10 for the premium seats and €5 for the others.

I haven't book anything yet but decided that I wouldn't pre-book the seats and when checking in pick whats left and hope for some together.

But i've just read that if you don't pre-book your seats Ryanair will randomly assign you a seat.. and i'm sure they will go out of there way to make sure people don't sit with each other even if there are seats together.

Is it true they will randomly select your seat if you don't pre-book ?

Always got seats together or across row from each other when ryanair allocate seats. Its allocated from the middle row backwards so likely to be together

thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I checked in online for flights recently.

For the outbound flight I coincidentally wound up sitting beside two of my party (of four) who had checked in themselves as a pair, presumably at roughly the same time as me but in a different county.

A week later for the homebound flight we all checked in at the same computer one after another and all wound up sitting together.

cool..

don't know if i want to risk it... we have a child traveling with us and don't want added pressure !

thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

We have gotten seats together every time. Just check in as early as possible for a better chance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Early check in will get you seats assigned together.
    Be aware, seven days before means one minute past midnight on the day seven days before your flight, even if your flight is an afternoon or evening flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

NeVeR wrote: »

You see they had priority boarding separate for 5 euro extra. Now its bundled in with the seat selection. So they upped the price. So you're paying for your seat and priority boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It seems longer flights cost more to reserve a seat on. €10 for a seat on a Lanzarote flight, but only €5 going anywhere else.

Add 2 euro onto seat price for priority boarding, whereas premium seats have priority included.

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-reservedseating/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,016 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It seems longer flights cost more to reserve a seat on. €10 for a seat on a Lanzarote flight, but only €5 going anywhere else.

Add 2 euro onto seat price for priority boarding, whereas premium seats have priority included.

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-reservedseating/

Why would you want priority boarding AND specific seat allocation...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why would you want priority boarding AND specific seat allocation...?

Only 90 bags allowed in the cabin, if the flight is full you're sure to get your bag over your head.

Advertisement